The show messed up the Maggy the Frog Scene

Drakath

- Cersei could have been lying to Cat about her child with Robert.
- Cersei needs something to dwell on once she's taken into custody, so lots of time yet for the rest of this scene.
- I've always thought it will be Jamie who kills her, since she believes so strongly it will be Tyrion.
- I love Johdi May, and love her as Maggie. Just wish she was a bigger character, so we could see more of her amazing work.

I thought it was a good scene that served its purpose

To tell us about the young Queen who is coming take everything away from her and to tell us that Cersei kids could be in great danger. This is the main focus of her storyline this season and that is the part of the prophecy they kept.

The other part about the valonqar isn't relevant at this point and it probably won't be until the final season

P.S. I actually like how they portrayed Maggy in this.

The idea that people who have never seen Maggy thinks that she looks like this old woman with squat and warty, with crusty yellow eyes, no teeth, and pale green jowls like she does in the books

only to be shocked to find out that she that she doesn't look that way at all lol

Agreed on all points.

The hyperbole is strong with this thread. I noticed the omission of the valonquar, but I was more distracted by how show Maggie looked more like a COTF than the show COTF.

Unfortunately neither Maggy nor the show CotF look anything like the CotF are supposed to look.

I liked Maggy being hot. The disgusting, hideous crone bit from the books was utterly cliched.

I'm not convinced we won't get another bit of the prophecy later on.

While I agree that the hideous, old witch deal is pretty tired at this point, I didn't feel like her appearance here worked either. Maybe a couple of lines of dialogue explaining who she was and why she was living out in the middle of nowhere telling fortunes.

While I agree that the hideous, old witch deal is pretty tired at this point, I didn't feel like her appearance here worked either. Maybe a couple of lines of dialogue explaining who she was and why she was living out in the middle of nowhere telling fortunes.

Agree. I know who Maggy is but at first I didn't realise that was meant to be her. She looked like some drunk maid that keep Maggy's house clean, tbh.

I think the scene was fine. Maggy seemed quite young, but it isn't written in blood that she is supposed to be old and ugly (the show is the show and the books are the books blah blah blah).

I also don't think there will be a Valonqar part to the prophecy. I mean, they certainly COULD do it, but it's probably not really necessary. The main point of the prophecy was to explain Cersei's growing paranoia towards the Margeary.

The Valonqar part on the other hand is supposed to explain her insanity vs. Tyrion, but that's a thing that doesn't need further explanation at all. It's perfectly clear already. Then there is the potential foreshadowing of some upcoming murder, be be by Jaime, by Tyrion or some other "little brother", but the show was never big on foreshadowing and went more with the surprising shocks instead.

So yeah, I think the prophecy scene is finished, and it was well done.

I took it that it was to explain parts of the story and the reasoning for sending Jamie to Dorne. The golden shrouds being the death of her three children (yes I know they messed up with the child she had with Robert).

Cersai is to try and protect Tommen (and herself) from the younger, more beautiful queen and Jamie is going to Dorne to save/protect Myrcella. That sets up the back story and reasoning for sending Jamie to Dorne.

Her issues with Margaery are already known, the background as to why isn't essential as she comes across as the potential mother-in-law from hell. She's been like that since episode one of season one. We didn't need the flashback scene to tell us that. It was the information that her children would die first which was important.

They may well have filmed the entire scene but kept the volanqar part for next season.

I must say, young Cersai was brilliant.

- Cersei could have been lying to Cat about her child with Robert.

Well, that would have been a great, plausible explanation except for the fact that they had Cercei and Robert talk in a later episode about their black-haired baby boy who died :thumbsdown:

- Cersei needs something to dwell on once she's taken into custody, so lots of time yet for the rest of this scene.

I just hope they revisit the rest of the prophecy somehow.

- I've always thought it will be Jamie who kills her, since she believes so strongly it will be Tyrion.

IF one of her brothers does kill Cercei, I agree, I think it will be Jaime.

Well, that would have been a great, plausible explanation except for the fact that they had Cercei and Robert talk in a later episode about their black-haired baby boy who died :thumbsdown:

You're right, my bad. I totally forgot she briefly brings up, "after losing our first boy", when they're talking about Lyanna.

I doubt many people remember about that supposed kid from season 1. I mean, even D&D forgot about that. Also I don't mind the look of Maggy the Frog. It's not like it really matters how does she look. Imo, I think it was a great scene, one of the best in the episode.

For the first time in the show Cersei was acting like Cersei in that scene. I was pleasantly surprised.

I doubt many people remember about that supposed kid from season 1. I mean, even D&D forgot about that. Also I don't mind the look of Maggy the Frog. It's not like it really matters how does she look. Imo, I think it was a great scene, one of the best in the episode.

For the first time in the show Cersei was acting like Cersei in that scene. I was pleasantly surprised.

It doesn't matter. It's sloppy. And would have been easy to fix. Like most of their plot holes and continuity issues.

It doesn't matter. It's sloppy. And would have been easy to fix. Like most of their plot holes and continuity issues.

Well, it doesn't bother me. I just consider it a very minor thing. Considering the other huge failures D&D made, it surely is minor.

You're right, my bad. I totally forgot she briefly brings up, "after losing our first boy", when they're talking about Lyanna.

Yeah, that mistake kinda breaks my heart a little. And it occurs to me that it may have seemed like my thumbs down emoticon could have been directed at you but it was definitely meant for the egregious oversight that the writers made here - not you! :)

Archived