Heresy 164

Black Crow

Says I don't have permission to view 163. I imagine if it was something I said I wouldn't be able to post right now.

Nah your cool,everyone is having problems locating it,the Mods are trying to rectify.

I retained what we talked about,that isn't lost:

Alliances: That part in the synopsis that spoke of Wolf and Lion hunting together and Greenseer working with Maesters

Snowflake communion:Theory concerning Jon and Sansa welcoming winter inside them

Lastly,the validity of Dragon eggs in the Winterfell Crypts.

Late in the last thread, someone mentioned that if the rubies were concealing Rhaegar in a glamour, then how did Robert see Rhaegar well enough to stick him with the pointy end (of the warhammer)?

Well, from the book, we see that glamours are not foolproof. When Jon is fighting Mance/Rattleshirt, he is able to make out some things that don't make sense to what he is seeing (a stronger and taller Rattleshirt). Part of the glamour is that the person sees what they want to see, or that the viewer is led to believe what they see on the surface is real. We know from Arya's point of view, that the reality hasn't changed. She can feel her face, and it isn't broken. I think that someone who knows something is there, who wants to see through the glamour, can break the glamour and see underneath it. Someone with an incentive. Someone bellowing out his betrothed's name while swinging a warhammer.

I really look forward to someone doing this with Melisandre. Mayhaps Stannis will after Melisandre sacrifices Shireen to wake stone dragons.

Late in the last thread, someone mentioned that if the rubies were concealing Rhaegar in a glamour, then how did Robert see Rhaegar well enough to stick him with the pointy end (of the warhammer)?

Well, what if Rhaegar decided it's a good time to die? Yes, I remember Jaimie's talk with Rhaegar when he promissed things will be different when he return. Well, things indeed ARE different. We all assume Rhaegar had a plan and it didn't succeed because Robert's hammer stood in a way. But what if that was the plan? If he finished reading his book of prophecies and found at the end "You're a warrior now and you must die so some dragon could be born somewhere somehow" or something similar?

I know it doesn't sound serious. The serious question would be: what was the reason for Rhaegar's return after he was missing for one year? Was it because king was in trouble or something else?

Well, from the book, we see that glamours are not foolproof. When Jon is fighting Mance/Rattleshirt, he is able to make out some things that don't make sense to what he is seeing (a stronger and taller Rattleshirt). Part of the glamour is that the person sees what they want to see, or that the viewer is led to believe what they see on the surface is real. We know from Arya's point of view, that the reality hasn't changed. She can feel her face, and it isn't broken. I think that someone who knows something is there, who wants to see through the glamour, can break the glamour and see underneath it. Someone with an incentive. Someone bellowing out his betrothed's name while swinging a warhammer.

I really look forward to someone doing this with Melisandre. Mayhaps Stannis will after Melisandre sacrifices Shireen to wake stone dragons.

As I said in my argument the cunning bit about a glamour affecting an opponent's focus in the joust means that only minimal distortion is required since a good opponent ought to be able to place his lance just so - his problem being that the aiming point isn't actually where he sees it to be - hence the business of Rhaegar sailing through without a single lance touching him.

At the Trident however Rhaegar is up against Trouserless Bob who relies on brute force and ignorance rather than finesse and just brays him with a big hammer.

Just as an aside I'd have loved to see a bout between Bob and Syrio

As I said in my argument the cunning bit about a glamour affecting an opponent's focus in the joust means that only minimal distortion is required since a good opponent ought to be able to place his lance just so - his problem being that the aiming point isn't actually where he sees it to be - hence the business of Rhaegar sailing through without a single lance touching him.

At the Trident however Rhaegar is up against Trouserless Bob who relies on brute force and ignorance rather than finesse and just brays him with a big hammer.

Just as an aside I'd have loved to see a bout between Bob and Syrio

I think it would be like red viper vs the mountain in some way, but syrio has to be very fast as he don't have the range advantage like red viper

I think it would be like red viper vs the mountain in some way, but syrio has to be very fast as he don't have the range advantage like red viper

Yes, you see I'm rather reminded of a story in George Silver's Paradoxes of Defence [a 16th Century work on sword fighting] which told of an Italian fencing master swashing his sword about with stoccatas, reverso's and all the other fancy stuff, when a blacksmith came out of his shop and just brayed him with his hammer.

Lol that makes lost 2 Heresy threads.

At least 163 liveth in the memory of man but Heresy137 was destroyed by a novice named Vinculus who got caught short one night and grabbed the first thing he saw to wipe his arse afterwards. As it happens all that was lost was the OP which is pretty much the same from heresy to heresy but he was so stricken with terror at what he'd done that he tore up the rest and ate it in an attempt to destroy the evidence.

Unfortunately all the words then appeared on his skin. Like most novices he rarely washed so this curious mark of his guilt went undiscovered for some time. Eventually however the secret came out and his fellow novices were set to copying it out but no-one could agree as to the running order of the posts and some of the text ran into places no-one cared to go so that while a number of transcripts are understood to exist, most are regarded as incomplete or apocryphal.

Yes, you see I'm rather reminded of a story in George Silver's Paradoxes of Defence [a 16th Century work on sword fighting] which told of an Italian fencing master swashing his sword about with stoccatas, reverso's and all the other fancy stuff, when a blacksmith came out of his shop and just brayed him with his hammer.

Looks like an interesting book, i'll look for it here(unlikely to find it though)

That's just plain awesome.

ATTN: Ok guys I was informed that Heresy 163 was deleted by admins because of open discussions concerning leaked info.It will NOT be reinstated, so to keep this from happening again please adhere to BC warning about keeping to discussions related to Heresy only.Thanks

Archived