Liam Cunningham: Upcoming scene is more shocking than Red Wedding

Chilli

From an interview with Liam Cunningham (Ser Davos) and I read something similar before in an interview with Carice van Houten (Melisandre): 'Upcoming scene is more shocking than Red Wedding'

Stabbing Jon is shocking, but not more shocking than the Red Wedding.

In the trailer Selyse was shown lying on the ground, I had the impression something bad had happened to Stannis or Shireen. Maybe Selyse regrets what she has done?

It was foreshadowed last season Shireen had to come to the wall because of something Melisandre had seen in the flames. When Mance was burning in episode 1, they also showed Selyse and Shireen reacting to it.

Would the show really do something like that?

Possible options:

- Theon being forced to watch Ramsay rape Sansa

- Jon getting stabbed

- Shireen is burnt alive by Melisandre as a sacrifice to Rh'llor

- Tommen or Myrcella dying near the series finale.

- Bronn or Jaime are killed in Dorne

- Ramsay flays Brienne and Podrick and we are forced to watch.

I honestly have no clue.

{spoiler]

From an interview with Liam Cunningham (Ser Davos) and I read something similar before in an interview with Carice van Houten (Melisandre): 'Upcoming scene is more shocking than Red Wedding'

In the trailer Selyse was shown lying on the ground, I had the impression something bad had happened to Stannis or Shireen. Maybe Selyse regrets what she has done?

It was foreshadowed last season Shireen had to come to the wall because of something Melisandre had seen in the flames. When Mance was burning in episode 1, they also showed Selyse and Shireen reacting to it.

Would the show really do something like that?

Agree.I mean show kinda foreshadowed Shireen's sacrifice last season with Mel/Selyse scene and this season heart to heart scene with Stannis/Shireen.I haven't seen leaked episodes,but people talked about it a lot and it's apparently awesome.Such a sweet and innocent kid being burned by that psycho Mel.That would be pretty terrible to see,but what's up with that "more shocking than Red Wedding" or "level of Red Wedding".Liam,Sophie did that too and Emilia talked about,how people will post similiar videos like with Red Wedding.Let's be honest,because nothing could compare to Red Wedding in the level of shock value in this season.Maybe Liam meant it for unsullied or just overreacting in general.Maybe because it's part of his storyline and because of that this overreaction.

That shot with Selyse in the trailer could be only about Stannis.Show!Selyse doesn't even care about Shireen only Stannis and her religion.He is Lord of the Light Warrior and means everything to her.

Something could happen to Stannis and Shireen will be burned alive as some for of a sacrifice.Since Mel is going with Stannis to WF and we saw that shot in one trailer with that burning tent(which could be same tent,where he tells probably Davos:that this time he will risk everything).It's some thing that scares the hell out of me.In fact I could see Jon's death at the Wall and at the same time Stannis could be killed too,but when Mel will do ritual to revive her hero/warrior and will sacrifice Shireen than Stannis will still be dead and Jon will rise and opens his eyes.It sounds like some bad fanfiction,but hey,we're talking about D&D here.

I'm pretty sure it's this.

Most book readers know that Jon isn't really dead because of the whole R+L=J thing. A lot of show viewers however will assume he's gone for good.

Shireen being killed would certainly be shocking, but not in the same way as the Red Wedding. Viewers haven't been made to care about Shireen as a character anywhere near as much as with Robb Stark or Jon Snow. And they've already seen Theon burn children, so...

I think it's a possibility that Missandei, Daario, and possibly Jorah (if he's not a JonCon/greyscale surrogate -- I think he will be) get roasted in Daznak's. Who cares about the first two, though. Although I guess Dany needs Daario to command the Second Sons and that usurped fleet.

If I had to guess going by the look on Mels face, Selyse in the ground etc, and the dynamics of Mances burning

I would speculate the Mances burning has a reverse event akin to Wun Wun in the books

Basically the Wildlings revolt (or rather one faction of them, perhaps Lord of Bones faction) and they basically slaughter the Queens Men after being allowed in by Jon Snow

Selyse in the snow is telling, perhaps they sacrifice Shireen to the Old Gods in revenge for Stannis and co burning Mance?

I am starting to think "For the Watch" kind of happens at Hardhome if it is this season, he could just be badly wounded or something and "For the Watch will happen next season", and that Hardhome is a blend of Jon trying to save Hardhome + marching on Winterfell so it won't happen

This all may make some sense, The first episode made a point to point to NW/Wildling politics, eg the legitimate side with Gilly and Sam and the adversarial side with Stannis/Mance

Jon is fighting alongside Tormund at Hardhome go by the trailers, so this is an example of how the NW/Wildlings can come together

I'm not sure where Lord of Bones is, his character was in Mances tent so on that basis I will say he is captured, he would work well as an anti-Tormund Weeper type, similarly Alliser Thorne will work well as an anti-Jon type who is rightly suspicious and lo we have good well thought out drama,

For mine I am starting to think it will be Bran who will resurrect Jons body in the books and not Mel so Jon not being in CB isn't necassarily a problem

Either way aside from Tormunds pained reaction, they've never really conveyed how well regarded Mance is amongst such a diverse group of Wildlings, and the type of character depth and charisma it would require to achieve what Mance achieved. They needed to draw him out, needed him to train Jon Snow in the yard and give leadership advice

Sam and Gilly will probably leave via road after Aeomn dies at the Wall (reckon he is on the Pyre) before the proverbial s#&t hits the fan

Whatever it is I'm not entirely sure it would be like the Red Wedding, that was shocking because it was unprecedented, now it would be preceded by...the Red Wedding

Perhaps not, but in the context of him being stabbed after the Red Wedding, effectively killing what people thought was the last real hope, then maybe it is.

I can't see it being anything else. Jon's death would obviously be considered more shocking than any other remaining character who could die.

I think Stannis may die this season, I think the Battle of Winterfell may be cut short and the Pink Letter will be true in that sense.

I think it's a possibility that Missandei, Daario, and possibly Jorah (if he's not a JonCon/greyscale surrogate -- I think he will be) get roasted in Daznak's. Who cares about the first two, though. Although I guess Dany needs Daario to command the Second Sons and that usurped fleet.

Between this and the quick "you should open the fighting pits" is really starting to make me wonder if Daario is Euron, the way he conveniently captured the Mereenese fleet which magically has the same number as Victarions fleet is an Easter Egg of sorts

Jon's assassination or whatever goes on in Winterfell with Sansa/Ramsay/Reek has gotta be it. Shireen's burning, while tragic, won't be as huge because she's a relatively minor character and the killing off of any other supporting characters won't touch the Red Wedding, no matter how brutal.

And Jaime's safe. He's still got a sister to kill.

Between this and the quick "you should open the fighting pits" is really starting to make me wonder if Daario is Euron, the way he conveniently captured the Mereenese fleet which magically has the same number as Victarions fleet is an Easter Egg of sorts

Or they may have merged Daario's story with that of Euron/Victarion, if he turns out to be a threat to Dany in the books after all. Keeping an open mind, as you indeed don't conveniently just capture 92 ships, unless you have some experience as a sea commander and a large force yourself. On the other hand he could have gone on a undercover ninja mission on his own and just hacked of the heads of the fleet leaders like he did previously with the second sons. How many fighters does the show version of the second sons consist of again?

Jon's assassination or whatever goes on in Winterfell with Sansa/Ramsay/Reek has gotta be it. Shireen's burning, while tragic, won't be as huge because she's a relatively minor character and the killing off of any other supporting characters won't touch the Red Wedding, no matter how brutal.

Those two events could be combined, Shireen being burned alive to revive Jon. That would be pretty shocking and leave viewers to think about if they really wanted Jon back under such circumstances. But i also think Ramsay/Sansa/Theon could be the scene they mentioned. Liam described it as something "really sick" in the one of his interview.

Sophie Turner said she would rate her shocking moment a 6 when compared to the RW, so I don't think it will be it.

Jon getting backstabbed by Olly and the people he's been with since the very start would be more shocking than the RW for many people.

Sophie said she enjoyed to shoot her attemted rape scene in the season 2. So if she said its on 6/10 scale and that crew members cried during that scene, it could very well mean her wedding night.

I doubt that just Jon stabbing could be more shocking then RW for many people. Especially if he is going to survive or if they leave it as a cliffhanger. Only if it is spiced up with something else beyond Jon´s suspected death. Like Shireen burning or Sam´s participation (not that i believe Sam would do it, but Olly´s participation wouldnt be shocking or emotional to make that scene rival to RW).

Jon's assassination probably, since it will come out of nowhere. In amidst of all the confusion, suddenly a dagger is plunged into his belly. It will shock Unsullied viewers undoubtedly. I don't think it's worse than the RW per se, but it will be equally upsetting, as Jon is the last member of the beloved Stark family that is portrayed as a hero and a leader. Kinda' like Robb. And all of the sudden, without warning, he's killed by his own brothers. So, That's probably it. And Jon's a very favorite character amongst Unsullied viewers, so yeah.

Anything else, he might be talking the show rendition of Ramsay's bedding ceremony, and how Sansa might possibly be involved. *EDIT* Alfie Allen in an interview said something similar. He talked about Ramsay doing something so despicable, that he'll be worse than Joffrey. An interaction with an unspecified main character (surely Sansa). So this scene is pretty much confirmed.

Don't see anything happening in Meereen. Peter Dinklage and GRRM pretty much flat out said Tyrion survives this season. I don't think Dany dies, and Jorah, Missandei, or Daario dying wouldn't be that crazy and shocking.

I think everyone expects Bronn to have the same fate with Arys Oakheart, and Jaime will be a surrogate Balon Swann. There's some behind the scenes footage of a scene where Jaime sits down and talks with Doran, Ellaria and Areo, and Bronn's nowhere to be found.

I've had that suspicion for a while now actually. If they're not giving Euron to us already as himself, then he might be introduced through Daario. Micheal Huisman kind of even looks like book-Euron.

I think its the combination of the pink letter, where selyse will think stannis is dead and jon snow being stabbed soon after once he declares his intention of taking the wildlings to fight the boltons.

For the viewers it will be like the whole north is lost. Stannis, Davos, sansa, briene, pod and jon snow all dead.

Dont think Darioo and Missandei dying , they was just upgraded to regulars so they stay a little longer. Tho i dont care if they die. I think Jorah will get greyscale and take on JonCons role as the one who spreads the infection.

Jon's stabbing is the only thing I can think of which would be on that level that is from the books. I know they're changing some things, but I have a hard time seeing them kill another main character. One could argue that Jon is a larger character in the show than Robb and Catelyn were.

All that said, I'd rather they not even include that element of his storyline in the show.

Archived