Liam Cunningham: Upcoming scene is more shocking than Red Wedding

Chilli

Jon's stabbing is the only thing I can think of which would be on that level that is from the books. I know they're changing some things, but I have a hard time seeing them kill another main character. One could argue that Jon is a larger character in the show than Robb and Catelyn were.

All that said, I'd rather they not even include that element of his storyline in the show.

Ha, oh sweet summer child. No way the TV show would skip such a juicy chance to belly punch the viewers.

The only thing more shocking, as in unexpected and gut wrenching all in one, than the Red Wedding is Jon's "death".

A Shireen burning would not be more shocking because I'm sure most people are expecting Mel to want her sacrificed. Personally I can't see Stannis ever allowing it even if Davos is gone on a secret mission. Stannis agonised over Gendry who was a mere bastard of his not so beloved brother. His own beloved daughter? No. It would have to be Selyse and Mel totally behind Stannis' back, and that would surely cause a major problem when Stannis found out.

My hunch is there will be at least two horrific scenes. One involving Ramsay, Theon,and Sansa. The second would involve the Csearing of Jon. We know they are filming Hardhome ( saw the set on an HBO clip) so the question in my mind is when Jon gets Cseared. Will they be showing scenes of HardHome before Jon is suppose to go there or after? Jon hasn't gone himself to Hardhome at the end of Book 5 and so I am confused as to timing. Would they combine Ramsay's and Sansa's wedding night with an attack by Stannis with Jon being Ceaseared? If they do this midsession then they definitely would be going into new territory not revealed by the books for the remaining episodes. Of course.....they could decide to separate these events in time.

My hunch is there will be at least two horrific scenes. One involving Ramsay, Theon,and Sansa. The second would involve the Csearing of Jon. We know they are filming Hardhome ( saw the set on an HBO clip) so the question in my mind is when Jon gets Cseared. Will they be showing scenes of HardHome before Jon is suppose to go there or after? Jon hasn't gone himself to Hardhome at the end of Book 5 and so I am confused as to timing. Would they combine Ramsay's and Sansa's wedding night with an attack by Stannis with Jon being Ceaseared? If they do this midsession then they definitely would be going into new territory not revealed by the books for the remaining episodes. Of course.....they could decide to separate these events in time.

Ep 8. Jon at Hardhome. This has been confirmed by set photos, trailer and the knowledge of a particular director involvement on the set (Sapochnik).

Ep 9. Cersei's walk

Ep 10. If the title is Winter like rumoured, it seems likely that it includes Stannis' attack and the aftermath

Sansa's wedding is probably before these episodes take place. Ep 6 or 7. I don't think it's in the same EP as Stannis' attack

Ep 8. Jon at Hardhome. This has been confirmed by set photos, trailer and the knowledge of a particular director involvement on the set (Sapochnik).

Ep 9. Cersei's walk

Ep 10. If the title is Winter like rumoured, it seems likely that it includes Stannis' attack and the aftermath

Sansa's wedding is probably before these episodes take place. Ep 6 or 7. I don't think it's in the same EP as Stannis' attack

Thanks for the update! I'm wondering now what will be the reason for Jon being attacked at HH. I really thought the buildup in the books with the fears the men were having regarding the lack of food and supplies because they had to take care of the Wildings and Stannis' men once they were let through the wall. Also, letting them be part of the NW added to the tension between Jon and his men. Once they knew Jon wanted them to go to HH to save more Wildlings combined shortly thereafter with Jon wanting to leave the NW to pursue Ramsay......they just snapped and really thought Jon was betraying his vows. There must now be an entirely new set set of events for them waiting to Csear him after he is gone to HH. Could it be because they are too late or Jon doesn't get the pink letter until he gets to HH?

They get the pink letter, believe Stannis is dead. Shireen is sacrificed to the flames. Stannis shows up and his daughter has been burned. He kills Selyse.

Or...my valonqar prediction.

LOL.....life for death according to Mirri Maz Duir. Melisandre could sacrifice Shireen amongst salt( Eastwatch- sea?) and smoke to resurrect Jon. Just another far out thought of mine.

Ep 9. Cersei's walk

I don't think Stannis' attack will happen this season. As far as everyone knows they have only filmed two big battles (Mereen fighting pits and Hardhome)

I think Jon getting shanked and then maybe Shireen getting sacrificed to R'hllor in order to bring him back from the dead... that would be extremely shocking, imo.

They get the pink letter, believe Stannis is dead. Shireen is sacrificed to the flames. Stannis shows up and his daughter has been burned. He kills Selyse.

I don't know whether this will be THE shocking scene everyone is talking about, but I am quite sure, that Shireen will be a sacrifice one

way or another. We remember when Mel told Selyse (twice) that Shireen is the blood of the king. Then she showed her sth in the flames

(we don't know what) that convinced Selyse to bring Shireen along to the wall. I always thought, that it would be Selyse who sacrifices her

daughter (more likely for me she will try to, but be stopped by someone).

here is one theorie i have, that might work.

Ramsey has a lover in the show, myranda. she getting jealous over "her beloved ramsey" getting a wife will do something bad to sansa.

Ramsey stops her in the act and gets creative with the punishment.

he flays Myranda of course, but sansa is there an and he uses it as chance to teach sansa about the glorius heretege of house Bolten.

so he starts cutting and makes sansa watch. after that HE HANDS SANSA HIS BLADE. she needs to become a Bolten after all.

i know... there is a dark place in my mind. but it could fit and i have been wandering forever what the hell they are going to do with that myranda-character?

i also am theorizing that this myranda will somehow be theshow version of Myranda Royce... but i have no idea how that could work out. we know next to nothing about either of them

Edit

also possible pink letter scenario:

mel is for some reason back at CB and gets her hand on a letter that proclaims stannis to be dead, shortly before, or at the same time the ceasaring happens.

desperetly trying to safe "azor ahai reborn" she burns shereen, but another rises.

mel seems to be in the warcamp with stannnis so propably wrong, on the oter hand... it might work for the books

The only thing it could be is the (attempted?) assassination of Jon Snow.

Liam Cunningham said he read the scene and went "what the hell?". Shireen burning would be shocking but par for the course in GoT; Jon Snow being seemingly dead after book/season 5 builds him up to be the central character is a definite 'Wtf' moment on the level of the Red Wedding.

The problem with ending the season with Jon's stabbing is everyone will know he isn't really dead once Kit is seen filming. If they do the stabbing this season, then I wouldn't be surprised if showed he is still alive. Maybe, the last seen of the season is Mel finding Ghost in the snow and while looking into his eyes, she says, "Jon".

A crackpot for this shocking scene:

Jon is killed at Hardhome. Stannis is "killed" in the Battle at Winterfell. Mel sacrifices Shireen to bring Azor Ahai back; Jon is the one that rises.

Wait wait...so everyone keeps saying:

Jon's death/stabbing. So even with him "going to hardhome" and all that extra stuff, are they planning on rushing his promotion to Lord Commander or just skip it entirely? I mean, I thought they were supposed to focus a bunch on Dorne this season. But if they do all this with Jon it will take up quite a bit of screen time. At the same time, the more screen time they give him...the more impact the stabbing will have on the masses. Hmmm. Please let me know if I missed something though.

Archived