Liam Cunningham: Upcoming scene is more shocking than Red Wedding

Chilli

Possible options:

- Theon being forced to watch Ramsay rape Sansa

The show's decision to hook up these two has made me very nervous. Sansa has gone through too much already, I couldn't deal with Ramsay hurting her. That would make the show too uncomfortable for me to continue with. (Besides, I don't think the change made any sense. Petyr doesn't trust Bolton, Bolton doesn't trust Petyr. Petyr has a soft spot for Sansa yet marries her to a savage? A savage he doesn't trust. Sure.)

The show's decision to hook up these two has made me very nervous. Sansa has gone through too much already, I couldn't deal with Ramsay hurting her. That would make the show too uncomfortable for me to continue with. (Besides, I don't think the change made any sense. Petyr doesn't trust Bolton, Bolton doesn't trust Petyr. Petyr has a soft spot for Sansa yet marries her to a savage? A savage he doesn't trust. Sure.)

My thoughts exactly. I was hoping that Littlefinger and Sansa heading to Winterfell wasn't going to be for a Sansa/Ramsay marriage. Now that it is, I'll see it out, but I am with you on the nervousness about how it will play out. Sansa's overall arc has to be about going from victim to player, and being married off to a beast like Ramsay and undergoing something shocking at his hands sure as hell doesn't scream "avenging them."

But as it's happening, I'll hold off judgment until the season is over.

I suspect it will have to do with Liam Conningham scenes, so it is involving Jon, Stannis and Co.

I doubt that Liam would comment on the set where he had no involvement in, so no Winterfell scenes. These are two different sets for The Wall and for Winterfell.

So either Jon stabbing or sacrifice of Shireen.

I've read through these forums for 4 years - picked up the books and the show right after season 1. I've never put a crackpot theory out there but something about this thread is bugging me and getting me off kilter. What if Mel takes an interest / beleif in Jon? And thinks HE is TPTWP / AAR? Does Stannis become the sacrifice / king's blood to resurrect Jon? That would be one hell of a sacrifice that would get a reaction out of Selyse. And you would accomplish it without all the warging discussion which has really been limited to Bran for the show...

Book / speculation spoiler

In the books, Mel sees snow in her globe when "looking" for Stannis... Maybe as a precursor to her changing her mind on AAR... To cut down a lot for the show, maybe this distills the battle for Winterfell into a Jon let raid in the show instead of Stannis lead.. I think this would let Jon die / be reborn / control the Wildlings / maybe the R'hollar fanatics in Stannis' army.. R+L=J wouldn't need to come into play yet (maybe via Weirwood net in Winterfeel next season with Bran after freeing Winterfell?)

Definitely Jon's stabbing or something related to it. I'm not sure if they will go the cliffhanger route with his death like GRRM did, or if they will go ahead and the do the resurrection, which could involve some stuff that is even more shocking than him getting stabbed in the first place.

I would vastly prefer they go ahead with the resurrection because, like Ser Creighton said, once we get reports of Kit being on set for S6 the cat will be out of the bag with regards to Jon being dead or not. So a cliffhanger would be absolutely pointless on the show. That aspect of the books is getting spoiled no matter what once filming begins in a few months.

So if this LF marrying off Sansa thing is a foregone conclusion i gotta ask what's Brienne up to? Looks like she's going to follow them to Winterfell.

I'm reasonably sure Ramsey will try some bad behavior on Sansa and posters seem to think Theon will bail her out, and surely the Bolton involvement in the Red Wedding should be obvious to LF and Sansa, et. al, at this point.

Smells like a setup to me. Ramsey meets an untimely end at the hands of either Sansa Theon or Brienne, or all of the above.

Would luring a piece of trash like Ramsey into bed only to cut his throat qualify 6/10? Sign me up.

Alternatively, LF has been so dumb on the show in comparison to the books that I suppose it's possible he would let Sansa unguarded into a chamber with Ramsey. At that point Theon (?) or somehow Brienne (The Ghost in Winterfell-esque?) leap to the rescue.

Cheers all

Definitely Jon's stabbing or something related to it. I'm not sure if they will go the cliffhanger route with his death like GRRM did, or if they will go ahead and the do the resurrection, which could involve some stuff that is even more shocking than him getting stabbed in the first place.

I would vastly prefer they go ahead with the resurrection because, like Ser Creighton said, once we get reports of Kit being on set for S6 the cat will be out of the bag with regards to Jon being dead or not. So a cliffhanger would be absolutely pointless on the show. That aspect of the books is getting spoiled no matter what once filming begins in a few months.

I agree it have to be more then Jon´s stabbing with cliffhanger. That just is not enough to be nearly as shocking as RW. Cliffhanger with suspected death of main character is never real death on TV. Viewers are used to it.

Set reports etc don't entirely rule out the possibility of using Jon's death as a season cliffhanger but they certainly lessen the effectiveness of that type of cliffhanger [a cheap ploy anyway imo] as a device.

With regards to the whole 'you can't have dead Jon as a cliffhanger because Kit will be on set in S6', how many viewers actually keep up to date with reports from the set or check IMDB cast listings or whatever?

It would also involve not using Kit in trailers or promotion of Season 6 to keep the surprise he isn't dead. What would be shocking is if they kept Jon 'dead' for 5 or so episodes so we really think he's gone.

My theory was that Selyse was reacting to Jon reading the Pink Letter or some variant of that out loud. She finds out Stannis, the alleged savior is "dead" and she loses it. That seems logical to me, but since a certain king beyond the wall is no longer in the show I'm wondering how the letter would come about. I don't think Selyse would be that affected by Shireen burning because she's been very resentful towards her. Just look at the "we need you alive when we burn you to death" conversation they just had in Episode 2. Davos would be more emotionally impacted than Selyse I think.

My theory was that Selyse was reacting to Jon reading the Pink Letter or some variant of that out loud. She finds out Stannis, the alleged savior is "dead" and she loses it. That seems logical to me, but since a certain king beyond the wall is no longer in the show I'm wondering how the letter would come about. I don't think Selyse would be that affected by Shireen burning because she's been very resentful towards her. Just look at the "we need you alive when we burn you to death" conversation they just had in Episode 2. Davos would be more emotionally impacted than Selyse I think.

Mel will go with Stannis/Davos(judging by that one shoot in the trailer,in the tent with Stannis and presumably Davos) and would need her for this.Who knows,maybe,Shireen/Selyse will go with them and Pink Letter will be completely cut from the show(or not).Hardhome and Jon's affection for wildlings could be enough.

All I remember is the San Francisco premier event and Sophie Turner and Conleth Hill are talking to an interviewer and a question arose of shocking scenes/traumatic scene and Conleth looked at Sophie with a half: I cannot believe you did that/you ought to be ashamed of yourself look and she looked rather sheepish. I am certain it is the consummation of the impending marriage to Ramsay Bolton, maybe willingly. By the way, she would not have to do nudity for it, there is creative ways to get "the point across" in such scenes.

The most shocking will be Jon Snow getting killed and stay dead. Gone.

Season 5 ends with the stabbing. Everyone says lame cliffhanger and moves on.

Kit is not spotted shooting season 6. Tendion building up.

He's not in the trailers. More tension.

Season 6 ep1 is all about KL and Dorne. No wall.

Season 6 ep2 is all about Mereen and Bravos

Season 6 ep3 is about Winterfell and the wall. It starts with Winterfell, and when we get to the wall Jon Snow's body gets cremated for good.

Internet explodes.

I think it's just Jon's stabbing. Add the fact that Jon is a more important and prominent character than Robb and Catelyn combined plus all the ways they can make it more gruesome than just reading about a stabbing, and it's more shocking than the RW.

Eh, you're assuming that the internet doesn't give itself a heartattack after Sophie's traumatic scene (mind you she did rate it less traumatic than the RW, and she's been known to overhype the show in the past).

I too think it will be Jon's stabbing. Didn't we see Janos and his goons shanking bastard babies in the first episode of season two? I'm sure the camera cut away to avoid actually showing it, but I remember a montage of them sweeping through KL. We aren't going to see Shireen burned. No way are they going to show that on tv.

1, Jon is stabbed.

2. Shireen Bar Bar Bar B Q

3. Sansa dies

4. Jon sends Shireen off because he finds out madam mustache is going to burn her, resulting in Jon being burned upon his return to Hardone.

5. Sam is killed

6. Davos is killed

Just a few unsubstantiated theories. But I seriously can't wait to see where Jon is at the finale.

Archived