Malazan: High House Shadow edition

AncalagonTheBlack

Where did he say that?

Seems like this date has been set for a good while now, in fact his publisher is still sticking with it.

His own site ( referenced upthread) also specifically says it will be out in November.

So that would be really weird if it then does not come up out in November, official channels are saying it is ( I know Amazon bashing is popular but their listing is also based on official info from the publisher).

If we have a link to him saying very recently that November is not happening, that would clarify things, but if we don't then all signs point to November release,

I know Amazon bashing is popular but their listing is also based on official info from the publisher

In this case it might have been, but when no date is available Amazon do just make it up out of nowhere. Veterans of the ADWD Wait (2007, 2008, 2038!) should know this.

• 2 weeks later...

https://steven-erikson.org/life-on-thin-ice-updating-my-progress-on-the-witness-trilogy/

How can it be Karsa Orlong’s trilogy if he ain’t even in the first (possibly two) book(s)? Well, my answer is, the entire trilogy is about Karsa Orlong: it’s about his legacy, and we need that legacy to be fully explored in order to bring the reader to Karsa. A sudden jump into his lap without that stuff, just won’t work.

On 3/17/2019 at 5:14 PM, Jussi said:

Just read that. LOL. Karsa might not show up in the first two books. After Steve had his last introspective trilogy truncated to a duology, he goes and tries the commercial thang and just. can't. do. it.

I don't like Erikson's writing all that much, but I do admire his balls.

On 3/19/2019 at 8:47 PM, kuenjato said:

Just read that. LOL. Karsa might not show up in the first two books. After Steve had his last introspective trilogy truncated to a duology, he goes and tries the commercial thang and just. can't. do. it.

Yeah... while on the one hand you can see what he is saying about him wanting to have a very long build up to a convergence surrounding Karsa... on the other hand there's no getting around the fact that in this way you're removing from the stage the very thing/character people want to read this book for. It could be problematic and with a failed and unfinished Tiste trilogy just under his belt...

On 3/24/2019 at 1:36 PM, Calibandar said:

Yeah... while on the one hand you can see what he is saying about him wanting to have a very long build up to a convergence surrounding Karsa... on the other hand there's no getting around the fact that in this way you're removing from the stage the very thing/character people want to read this book for. It could be problematic and with a failed and unfinished Tiste trilogy just under his belt...

Certainly for Erikson, the "commercial considerations" of his work is the thing at the very bottom of his priority list. Which is both good and bad.

Archived