Vikings VII: We'll always have Paris [SPOILERS]

Veltigar

I think it is really cool that last week showed the limits of Viking strategy. They came close but it wasn’t enough. Remember in the first season when it would be 20 Vikings against 80 people from Wessex and maybe one of the 80 would get away on a horse but the Vikings would be there with 79 corpses? Vikings died but usually only when Jarl Borg or King Horrick got them killed.

I wonder how many people expect round 2 of the siege to go to the Vikings. I am still unsure. It's quite possible we'll see what happened in England and Wessex and Northumbria pooled their strength. The Vikings may lose the battle, but somehow they'll still get a nice deal.

Yaaaas new shiny thread.

Excited for tonight.

I wonder how many people expect round 2 of the siege to go to the Vikings. I am still unsure. It's quite possible we'll see what happened in England and Wessex and Northumbria pooled their strength. The Vikings may lose the battle, but somehow they'll still get a nice deal.

The promo seems to suggest that Ragnar is really going to enter the fray of battle, so it might be harder for the French to win.

ETA: just saw the title of this thread. Fab.

Historically the vikings did eventually manage to successfully siege Paris and enter and sack the place and take home sacks of geld. Lots and lots and lots of geld.

But maybe the ultimate success won't happen until the last episode. I hope though, it happens tonight. And the last episode will be the Ragnar's take-down of Floki. But even though I am NOT Jon Snow, I know NOTHING, so I'll just have to wait.

:cheers:

--BQ's love for the theme song is always going to be the first bullet point

--Ragnar seems to be in some pain

--Floki is still in a bad way, I see.

--Oh. That's an interesting tactic. (also, cold)

--Lagertha getting her AWESOME on

--OUCH boiling oil

--Here have these knives to commit suicide! (eeek)

--RUN AWAAAAAAAAAY. Damn that's a scary contraption. Floki's face, though. LOL

--OMG that guy is STUCK ON IT. (covers eyes)

--Shirtless Rollo is appreciated. As is his general badassery

--Music is AWESOME during this battle

--Oh no! Ragnar! Get up!

--ODIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--Wow this is really well staged fighting

-- :( they have to fall back again

--ATHELSTAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *tears*

--Whoa that's a lot of blood.

--Wut...this is strange but rather cool

--This Wanderer is strange (he kinda looks odd too, no?)

--"He fights like a great bear"

--Oh hey Ecbert and Judy. How ya doing?

--Oh goody. A Christian wanderer/missionary. The old world came to Kattegat. Now time for the new world.

Archived