Vikings VII: We'll always have Paris [SPOILERS]

Veltigar

Just reading on the Internet or reading books cause I've been trying to find some good reads on the Conqueror but haven't really found anything
It's not the same Ragnar though some of his sons are chatacters in Cornwells Uthred books.

Try Queen of the Conqueror. It is primarily about Matilda, Williams wife, but an interesting read on him as well in terms of their life.

Apparently when he asked for her hand, she turned him down because of his low birth and insulted him so he rode straight into her Fathers courtyard, pulled her off her horse and allegedly beat her.

(He put the "red" in red neck, lol).

From there, you couldn't talk Matilda out of marrying him.

The beating is questionable. At 4 foot nine, such a beating would have killed her. I find the other tale that he went straight to her house and cussed her out more likely. :)

But, he was faithful to her their whole life, and he went nuts when she died.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

No set date yet, but Season 1 premiered March 3rd, Season 2 February 27th, and Season 3 February 19th, so it should be around the end of February.

Nice, despite that abysmal third season, I still find myself looking forward to the next batch of episodes. Although, after the glory that was The Last Kingdom, Vikings better step up its game. 

The returns of Vikings and Black Sails this winter, leading up to GoT (and 12 Monkeys, but not everyone agrees on that one, I know) are my highest anticipation of winter !

Me too. I love 12 Monkeys myself. I'm also, oddly enough looking foward to another SyFy show, Killjoys. While not the best tv ever, it's surprisingly enjoyable. Lots of good stuff to look for this year.

Oh I really enjoyed Killjoys ! And I think it has a great potential (second half of the season was really strong !), I just didnt list it cause it will probably come back later down the year, more like in summer, like season 1.

I hope it's not February that Vikings returns.  Got to be on the road again that month.  :)

OTOH, season 3 was such a bollox-up, maybe, my dear, i don't give a dmn whether it airs or not.

I enjoyed season 3 as well, but felt the first half of season three was stronger than the second half. However, season 4 can only get better since

Hidden Content

:angry: Please remove yourself from this thread with such disgusting opinions. We do not need such negativity in here.

I am very much looking forward to seeing Floki suffer for what he did. :fencing:

But whatever they do to him, it will not bring back Athelstan. :crying:

Archived