Vikings VII: We'll always have Paris [SPOILERS]

Veltigar

Well, actually the only forumer who's expressed being let down by the season is JB24. But he was pretty vocal about it, so maybe it gave a sense of multitude ! ^^

Anyway, I loved the hell out of this season as well !

I've enjoyed this season, but there seems to be a lot of open story lines going into tonight's finale. Not that all need to be tied up, but ... I do hope they are better parked.

That said, the show usually feels this way toward the end, but has brought things to a close pretty well so far. Well, last year the end felt rushed.

I guess that's where I'm feeling cautiously optimistic about tonight. I hope for the best, but can see with all the open sub-plot lines, not all the pieces will fall into place cleanly.

Then again, "Odin" could show up in Wessex, Paris and Kattegat tonight and be the tie that binds. Kill Ecbert, praise/validate Auslag's decision to uphold the old faith (complete Ivar's healing), reward Ragnar for a change of heart back to him and help him to take Paris.

That still leaves all the other sub-plots: Lagertha and Kalf (does she forgive or take back her earldom), Floki facing getting justice or forgiveness (and Helga's role here too), the survivors of the previous earls/kings who opposed Ragnar, and Porunn's fate. (who am I missing?)

Then there are the minor suplots that will likely carry forward into season 4: Rollo's potential marriage, Bjorn's future as a leader, and how Judith and baby Alfred will survive Ecbert's eventual demise.

That's a lot of balls in the air.

Regardless, I love the hell out of this show. Whether it all works or almost does tonight, I'll be here waiting again next Spring.

Well, actually the only forumer who's expressed being let down by the season is JB24. But he was pretty vocal about it, so maybe it gave a sense of multitude ! ^^

Anyway, I loved the hell out of this season as well !

Nah, he isn't the only one. I have enjoyed this season, but it was still a let down.

The main thing they need is at least 1 person that has a goal or something like that to work on. Ragnars family life hasn't been a really big point in the story imo. As long as he has sons it's good.

Rollo will probably get one with his marriage. Bjorn will probably search for Thorunn or something like that. They could give him that quest to begin with.

Rollo will probably get one with his marriage. Bjorn will probably search for Thorunn or something like that. They could give him that quest to begin with.

I am not well read of the sagas, how does Bjorn come to his throne in Sweden?

Yeah I know some people on this board seem to be let down by this season but I've enjoyed the fuck out of it and can't wait for tonight

I real loved the season as a whole, just I feel if this was all we got from Wessex, may as well cut it from the season.

I real loved the season as a whole, just I feel if this was all we got from Wessex, may as well cut it from the season.

I'm with you on that for the most part and I started this season with Ecbert as one of my favorite chatacters now I'm meh on him tbh

I am not well read of the sagas, how does Bjorn come to his throne in Sweden?

It's been about three years since I last read anything about it. I count myself lucky for having forgotten a lot of thins :D That ups my enjoyment. I do distinctly recall that Bjorn

inherited Sweden from Ragnar

--One final time this season: THIS THEME SONG IS LIFE

--I want chests of gold delivered to me.

--Whoa. Ragnar. Buddy. You look terrible.

--Okay, I loved Athelstan a lot but Ragnar....try to live.

--"The gods protected me from the Christian magic..."

--"Someone needs to kill him." GREAAAAAAT

--Loving the Church music. I so enjoy when this show visits both types of religion and explores the beauty of both

--Whoa there French Filly. You're in a House of God! Express your gratitude at another time

--Viking Reverly!

--"She will speak with me....eventually..." "She seems so boring" LOL

--What....on....earth? That's an interesting....topic of conversation Mr Odo and French Filly

--"It will keep my interest. Undoubtedly." EEEEEEEEK.

--Building Ragnar's last boat. (cries)

--They're not really going to kill Ragnar tonight...right?

That Frankish lady is hot but stupid. And I was starting to like Odo, until that moment.

Whatever wound Ragnar suffered, if it didn't kill him in that time, it's not going to kill him after a month. Death faking scenario is on!!!

i think he will be the Trojan horse as speculated by others here and yeah wasn't interested in Odos weird shit

Yes good point about Ragnar. They did ask for a proper Christian burial for him to get him inside.

--NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.

--I have feelings. I have a lot of feelings about Lagertha and this moment. And now Rollo! :( THIS IS FULL OF SAD

--Oh let me smack Floki. "You betrayed me!" Yeah that's why you're really upset about, isn't it. (But Gustaf is killing this scene.)

--WHAT THE HELL. WHY AM I HAVING ALL THE FEELIGNS.

Archived