The end of an Era, New Clothes for Arya

So on Sun. Maisie gets a new costume for the first time in 3 years. Actually, Wardrobe has probably produced numerous versions, but Arya showed up for her last dancing lessons in a rough spun shirt and trousers. In terms of the script, Arya wore the same garments on the Titan's Daughter in the season 4 finale. On her way out of town, she must have acquired a green jerkin. (I think that's what you call it.)

If they were being realistic, the costume would be very shabby and small on her, which is why I assume they keep making new versions. If an actor has a lot of scenes and only one costume, do you make multiple copies or do laundry every night? Clothes from another world can't be bought off the rack. Making them from scratch is expensive.

Kit Harington complained/joked to Seth Meyers that his black leather NW outfit has never been cleaned and now it smells authentic or something along those lines. I'm sure his small clothes have been laundered regularly, but still.

Madden complained about the same thing with his wardrobe, they don't clean them and they get really sweaty in them and they smell bad.

Maisie surely got fitted for a new costume each year, just the same one. She was a growing girl.

That costume honestly is half this shows timeline issues. I can believe 4 years have passed in the show, enough for the dragons to grow reasonably, for Sansa to get her period and become consciously sexual, and Tommen is way older than he was in season 2. I could believe it, if Aryas hair wasnt growing an inch a year and that costume didnt still fit. Id just think Hot Pie was rustlng up some rabbit and berries as they wandered the Riverlands lost and aimless for months.

Kit Harington complained/joked to Seth Meyers that his black leather NW outfit has never been cleaned and now it smells authentic or something along those lines. I'm sure his small clothes have been laundered regularly, but still.

lmao! Leather smelling "authentic" translates to shrimp and ass odor. Ewww.

Im really excited to see Arya's new outfit. She hasnt had a costume change in like three seasons.

Hasn't the timeline of the show been 2 years, not 4? Arya's wardrobe change is from the House of Black & White, they make people throw away all their belongings.

Officially 2 since the pilot but look at the cast, there is no way.They had Barristan say the war of 5 Kings had gone on for years plural. Book 1 is a year on its own.

So on Sun. Maisie gets a new costume for the first time in 3 years. Actually, Wardrobe has probably produced numerous versions, but Arya showed up for her last dancing lessons in a rough spun shirt and trousers. In terms of the script, Arya wore the same garments on the Titan's Daughter in the season 4 finale. On her way out of town, she must have acquired a green jerkin. (I think that's what you call it.)

If they were being realistic, the costume would be very shabby and small on her, which is why I assume they keep making new versions. If an actor has a lot of scenes and only one costume, do you make multiple copies or do laundry every night? Clothes from another world can't be bought off the rack. Making them from scratch is expensive.

Arya's costume changes going from S1x10 to S2X01 form the kind of home spun shirt and pants and a kind of skirt to leather top and I think cloth pants. (Arya's last costume with Syrio was a little different from the one she had usually been wearing.) Maisie explained in S2 where all the parts of the costume came from , tho the show never goes into it. One guesses that Yoren tried to boy-I-fy her a little more. Then she doggedly wears the same S2,S3 and S4.

(Boy Maisie really looked different in season 1 , she indeed does now look 17 in season 5, and she just turned 18. She is now and will remain a petite woman.)

In one preview we did see her wearing sort of 'house clothes', in the book she wore a simple shift whenever inside the HoBaW.

(By the by that seems to be a scene straight out of the book.)

When she gets to wear a Braavosi costume we will have to find out.

Things I am curious about , will she be station only at the HoBaW? I am thinking so.

Will she learn to speak Braavosi? I am think the show will go with Valyrian to simplify things.

Will the Kindly Man continue to wear that grubby looking motley cloak?

The Black and White vestment, I want to see.

What will the Waif be wearing? (The Waif!, how will they do her?)

What does the inside of the House of Black and White look like does it really have a 200 ft. ceiling!?

I know there is not much time but hope some of Arya's 'day to day' training is included.

Archived