Blade Runner- Final Cut

maarsen

I really don't know how to feel about this. I do quite like Gosling in some things though.

Gosling is fucking amazing and would fit a Blade Runner film like a glove but that doesn't change the fact that Ridley has lost it and Blade Runner 2 should not be happening. Still, it's the best casting you could make so...

Wasn't there already a final cut? Anyways when I eventually get round to rewatching it I might have to make it this version, then.

The 'I really don't know how to feel about this' was in reference to them making a Blade Runner sequel :P I quite like Ryan Gosling. I have only seen him in a few things but I really liked him in those movies. I just...don't know how to feel about a Blade Runner sequel at all...Ridley has just gone a bit wrong.

There's been a Final Cut since 2007 - it's the best version of the movie in my opinion. BFI are just showing it in cinema at the moment.

I haven't! I've been meaning to. I haven't seen Only God Forgives either i've only seen him in Crazy Stupid Love which isnt really a good indicator for acting ability but I liked him in it and loved him in Lars and the Real Girl and I saw him in Gangster Squad - didn't finish that movie though, wasn't fussed on it at all but I liked his character from what I watched.

I'm confused now, how many different versions are there now and which dvd do I have to chuck out to make room for this one?

If you get the boxset that was released at the time the Final Cut first came out then it has a somewhat excessive 5 different versions of the film, which are the original theatrical edition, the international theatrical edition which is apparently very similar, the original Director's Cut, Ridley Scott's Final Cut and an early rough cut of the film from before the original theatrical release. I'm not sure there's much point in having anything other than the Final Cut and maybe the original theatrical release.

I've not seen all the versions; think I've only seen the original theatrical release a few times and the Final Cut too many times to count. Dunno what the difference is between the other versions. I have the Final Cut on DVD so that's the one I've rewatched the most.

I've not seen all the versions; think I've only seen the original theatrical release a few times and the Final Cut too many times to count. Dunno what the difference is between the other versions. I have the Final Cut on DVD so that's the one I've rewatched the most.

I've not watched them all either, but looking at the summaries of how the versions differ it doesn't look like most of them would really add anything interesting to what is in The Final Cut.

I haven't! I've been meaning to. I haven't seen Only God Forgives either i've only seen him in Crazy Stupid Love which isnt really a good indicator for acting ability but I liked him in it and loved him in Lars and the Real Girl and I saw him in Gangster Squad - didn't finish that movie though, wasn't fussed on it at all but I liked his character from what I watched.

See Drive! Like asap. It's a modern classic.

Gangster Squad is pretty rubbish but that's nothing to do with the acting.

Most awesome way to open a thread ever. :D

I wonder if we ran a poll, how many people on Westeros.org would correctly guess Theda's favorite movie? :P

To paraphrase Jaime Lannister, "The things I do for friends." And yes, I know Theda hates Jaime.

I DON'T HATE JAIME! :o He's only one of my favourite characters lol.

I will remember that from now on. :blushing: I can't PM so good luck with your final papers.

See Drive! Like asap. It's a modern classic.

Gangster Squad is pretty rubbish but that's nothing to do with the acting.

It's pretty good. I'll agree it takes it's time like a 70's golden age film would; not afraid of silence or inaction. The build-up falls a bit short when compared with French Connection/Bullit/Conversation vibe, but otherwise quite good.

I will remember that from now on. :blushing: I can't PM so good luck with your final papers.

hahaha i didn't mean to sound so outraged lol :P

@James...i can't draw v well so fan art of blade runner is out of the question :( sometimes i think about trying to find a way to record a concept album about androids and science fiction lol very blade runner/gary numan esque but doubt that will happen

I once started writing a gary numan musical which was v blade runnery except you know..a musical...but i never finished it :P

hahaha i didn't mean to sound so outraged lol :P

@James...i can't draw v well so fan art of blade runner is out of the question :( sometimes i think about trying to find a way to record a concept album about androids and science fiction lol very blade runner/gary numan esque but doubt that will happen

I once started writing a gary numan musical which was v blade runnery except you know..a musical...but i never finished it :P

Don't worry Theda. I know what you meant. I was just being a bit silly. I do hope everything goes well for your last month. :grouphug:

Archived