[Book spoilers] Dany's eyes and implications.

Lady Beefheart

Is it just me, or does it appear that they're actually making Dany's eyes purple this season? They are usually blue, but they definitely appear more violet, at least from what I've seen in S1.

If I'm not just going crazy and/or colourblind, could this have plot implications? Why would they start now? . . . Unless eye colour is necessary to the plot, perhaps to prove some other Targaryen is indeed a Targaryen. Brienne's hair looks nearly Targy in the show. Perhaps they needed some other distinguishing factor.

Is it just me, or does it appear that they're actually making Dany's eyes purple this season? They are usually blue, but they definitely appear more violet, at least from what I've seen in S1.

If I'm not just going crazy and/or colourblind, could this have plot implications? Why would they start now? . . . Unless eye colour is necessary to the plot, perhaps to prove some other Targaryen is indeed a Targaryen. Brienne's hair looks nearly Targy in the show. Perhaps they needed some other distinguishing factor.

Probably just the colorization...they haven't attempted to make her eyes violet and I haven't noticed it myself. They have pretty much rid themselves of all 'distinguishing features' from the books other than Dany and Viserys having the platinum blonde hair.

I'm colorblind. I wouldn't ever notice. But I would think that purple contacts or digitalization couldn't have been that hard since day one.

I though Emilia or Harry couldn't not bear contacts. Not everyone can wear them. Digitalization would cost much and maybe affect image of the series (in a way, weird tones when showing Dany and Viserys).

I though Emilia or Harry couldn't not bear contacts. Not everyone can wear them. Digitalization would cost much and maybe affect image of the series (in a way, weird tones when showing Dany and Viserys).

They just opted not to do it. It's really easy and doesn't take much effort.

Eyes have very distinct patterns in footage, making them easy to track. What you do is put a digital pin on a person's iris, then play through the scene and the pin will track the movement. Once you do this, you apply a small circle on top of the eye that changes the hue to violet and attach this circle to the pin. Most of the work is then done. You have to make some small adjustments here and there when people turn and deal with blinking, but otherwise it is some of the easiest VFX work.

They did try contacts and the actors had a hard time adapting , but the main factor seemed to be the color did not show up correctly in the photography. A problem that would have taken too much time to solve.

It may have cost some, tho I don't think with modern CGI, that much , to insert a different color , they certainly could now. Thats an effect more easy to do with modern methods.

I too did notice Emilia's eyes , especially the bedroom setting with Darrio, but thinks it's due to the lighting on the set.

They could've just made Daenerys wear clothes/colour and make up that gave her eyes a purplish element.

Surely this would not beyond the powers of a skilled make up artist?

While the costumes in the show are great, their make up department isn't exactly very good. Some of the wigs looks very fake and they've done a terrible work with the eyebrows of the actresses. Lena looks older than her real age, and Natalie's gave them a funny look.

In a Day in a Life, they had a segment on the new hairdressers and makeup artists this season. How they were using photos etc trying to get the look right. Major fail I think. Emilia's wigs are too thick to look real. The side part makes her look younger though.

Did anyone notice that Cercei had blue eyes in the show? really blue. not her previous green. One shot zoomed right in on her face and eyes, hard to miss. Her makeup base was applied too thick. You could not see her skin underneath. I thought she looked very natural on previous shows. Believable in a land without Lancome and Estee Lauder. Do you think they were trying to make her look older intentionally?

It was hot where they were filming which does have to be taken into consideration.

I forgot- did you notice Mellisandre riding up to the top of the wall with Jon? I almost didn't recognize her. At first I thought she had gained a lot of weight. She didn't look the same at all with the pulled back black hair. It was only when she set to burning Mance that she had her normal look of red hair. I think she has beautiful skin.

I am looking forward to Arya's new clothes.

Each season is approached individually, they don't care about consistency. Did anybody notice how Daario changed his looks a lot over the seasons too? I've been thinking he's a Faceless Man... LOL @ U

Other details changed, such as "Ser" Loras, wasn't he admitted into the Kingsguard after the victory at King's Landing, then in the next season that was simply ignored for plot reasons? Actually I can't remember. But they don't care about consistency, only trying to make things better. Purple eyes are better.

Did anyone notice that Cercei had blue eyes in the show? really blue. not her previous green. One shot zoomed right in on her face and eyes, hard to miss. Her makeup base was applied too thick. You could not see her skin underneath. I thought she looked very natural on previous shows. Believable in a land without Lancome and Estee Lauder. Do you think they were trying to make her look older intentionally?

It would actually make sense. Because in the books Cercei was quite rapidly losing her beauty due to ageing and increasing wine consumption. So most likely she would try to add more and more make up.

About eye colors and eyebrow colors i do not really care.

Archived