How would you rate episode 502?  

475 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I love how lolly was in it

Yeah, I meant to say something about this...

I thought it was a really nice nod to have Lollys in it and talk about the whole Stokeworth line of succession before plucking Bronn from the books to go on his show adventure.

Edited by vividox

Just too many deviations to be comfortable. Where I they going with this? Do even they know? Do I want to go there with them?

Ellaria is now a revenge set harpy. Plus what's with the cheap Spanishy accents??

Kevan rocked, Qyburn was good as was Samwell but the election lost its book subtlety. The scenery was nice.

Danny and Drogon... I thought I was watching Disney.

Edited by Clariana

Ellaria is now a revenge set harpy. Plus what's with the cheap Spanishy accents??

:lol: I know right. Pedro Pascal could do a Spanish accent. The sand snakes and ellaria, I don't what to say.

Speaking of accents and Ellaria, am I the only one who noticed the change in her voice. Same actress, different Spanish accent from season 4. Maybe it's just me.

Edited by Balerion the kitten

They're Chilean accents, based on the one Pedro Pascal did in s4, which was an impersonation of his father's voice. Alexander Siddig, our Doran, said that what he's going for in s5 is an approximation of that same accent.

I have no idea how an accent can be "cheap" btw...

Edited by Konradsmith

They're Chilean accents, based on the one Pedro Pascal did in s4, which was an impersonation of his father's voice. Alexander Siddig, our Doran, said that what he's going for in s5 is an approximation of that same accent.

I have no idea how an accent can be "cheap" btw...

Sorry but I'm Anglo/Spanish and I grew up in Spain and the accents of Siddig and Varma sucked, because they sounded forced and not at all like the real thing... I like them as actors but why not have them speak naturally?

Sorry but I'm Anglo/Spanish and I grew up in Spain and the accents of Siddig and Varma sucked, because they sounded forced and not at all like the real thing... I like them as actors but why not have them speak naturally?

Because they both have English accents naturally and last year Pedro Pascal established what the Dornish accent was.

Edited by Konradsmith

Well Pedro Pascal did not really seem to have a 'Latin' sounding accent either.

It was just kind of other worldly.

They are in a different universe you know?

Edited by boojam

^Well, between this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZchRZ-HX19U from s4 and this from s5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6Vm9kkcRE8 it strikes me she's doing the same voice. :dunno: As for it's quality, Peter Dinklage's British accent was never very good but his performance as Tyrion has been great regardless. No matter how accurate their approximations of the accent Pedro Pascal came up with are, I still really like what both Siddig and Varma are up to this year. Really, it doesn't matter too much because in-universe these aren't British and Chilean accents, they're Westerosi accents, which don't really exist, so there's quite a bit of wiggle room here.

Edited by Konradsmith

I am going to be in Spain for a couple months this summer. As such I will report back on accent authenticity with the kind of objective niceness only Canadian tourists can pull off.

The accent Pascal was doing was a very specific Chilean accent based on his father's (Pascal's speaking voice is an American accent). I've never heard Varma talk about the accent but Siddig said it was that voice established by Pascal that he was attempting. So it was never supposed to be a Spanish accent.

Edited by Konradsmith

The accent Pascal was doing was a very specific Chilean accent based on his father's (Pascal's speaking voice is an American accent). I've never heard Varma talk about the accent but Siddig said it was that voice established by Pascal that he was attempting. So it was never supposed to be a Spanish accent.

I am not going to Chile. All my credibility is now shot. :(