Except for the whole Ellaria revenge thing, the episode was good. Jaime going to Dorne happened a little too fast for my liking(gave in a bit too easily), but I think by season's end that will be one of my favorite story lines. The Wall and Meereen were gold and it could be a really good season if they can keep it up. I think Brienne and Pod could play the part of Abel and the Spearwives, but they would'nt bring them to Stannis. Pod mentioned Jon is Ep 1 so I wouldn't be surprised that if Brienne and Pod smuggled Sansa out then they would take her to the Wall. While the election for LC moved a bit too fast, they kind of had to since Jon is now finally through his ASOS storyline. Overall good episode and I think it will only get better and I'm anxious to see how the changes they made turn out.

Selyse's "You have no idea what people will do" had a particularly ominous ring to it with all the speculation about Shireen getting burned this season.

Weird that Stannis pronounced Lyanna Mormont's name as "Lye-anna" as opposed to "Leanna."

Edited by Newstar

I thought Baavos was a waste of time, I was glad to see Jack but literally nothing happens. I like seeing Jaime and Bronn together, Jaime is all swashbucklered out. Kevan was pretty note perfect, Dwarfs head scene was a nice touch.

I thought the wall was good, I know people wanted to see Sam manuver, but this is show Jon who is older, more experienced and done more than book Jon. Plus time is time and they didn't have time to show that. Liked the Shireen scene but dear lord the foreshadowing is horrific.

I am a big Dany fan, but I don't understand the public beheading scene. Given what is coming with Slynt it looks like a parallel, but really the just copied the Robb and Rickard Karstark scene from season 2. I would of liked one f the slaves to point out to the Son of the Harpy whe he says she does not belong here, to reply none of us do, you took us from our homes and people and made us slaves ass clown, that's why this is happening.

Dorne looks nice Ellaria is annoying, Grrrrr look at me I am so angry.

Tyrion and Varys are always good togethe, but what was the point of the scene, Braavos and Dorne need a little something, I get it you want us to see them traveling, but it really is not important or critical to the story in anyway.

Most of it was ok none of it was really great, some of it was good, felt like Dorne and Baavos were pointless as nothing really happens.

Drogon looks like he wants a hug, someone hug the dragon. Hiz and Darrio look like they are working together.

Jon and Stannis, you know I really like the two on screen together. But this season Stannis seems less harsh and is playing things a little more slick than book Stannis. He is less abrupt with the letter from Lyanna on th how and is totally playing it as a card. Jon I have been asking around about you and a lot of people like you, this land loves the Starks, I need a Stark, and you are a Stark. See look they love you guys up here, come on buddy take Winterfell and lets go kill the Boltons together. You would like that wouldn't you Jon, wouldn't you like to kill the Boltons? We could burn him together, or I could burn the bottom half and you could cut off his head. It will be total feelz man.

Edited by Ser Creighton

Show Ellaria didn't have her lover's head smashed in while the Mountain confessed to raping and killing people.

Again, does trauma get your brain transplanted? We are talking here about 2 completely different characters. Plus, do you remember her being there when Oberyn says they don't hurt little girls in Dorne?

Brienne's hatred of Stannis is being brought back in force. I think there is no question she will meet up with him once she gets to Winterfell. I can only hope she'll get over her grudge once she realizes it's in her best interest for her to work with Stannis to get Sansa free. Seriously, does anyone care about her oath to kill Stannis lol. I'd love to see her grudgingly work with him, though I hope she doesn't take Asha's place.

For all their faults, D&D do a much better job with the Meereen storyline than Martin. Sorry, but I have to say it. They manage to convey Dany,s tough situation, hesitations and ultimate bad judgments better in three scenes than Martin does in 10 chapters. Albeit the hissing was a bit over the top, it's still ten times better than the freaking crowdsurfing.

I am still utterly unconvinced by some of their made up storylines, particularily Dorne (Crazy Widow Ellaria is stupid). But their Meereen is not a snoozefest and for this alone this season is worth the price of admission.

Also liked the Mormont letter and Kevan putting Cercei in her place.

Couldn't agree more. Show Mereen is turning out great.

On a side note was I the only one pronouncing Doran in my head as Dor-un rather than Dor-an with a short a sound?

Show Ellaria didn't have her lover's head smashed in while the Mountain confessed to raping and killing people.

...while she watched on in horror, as well.

Again, does trauma get your brain transplanted? We are talking here about 2 completely different characters. Plus, do you remember her being there when Oberyn says they don't hurt little girls in Dorne?

And what was she like "last season"? When did she espouse any non-violent policies? You can't say "Well, Oberyn said this"...because she's NOT Oberyn and there's no reason to hold her to his words.

Basically, she was Oberyn's arm candy last season...who looked on as he so nonchalantly stabbed a man in the wrist for singing the Lannister song and then started passionately kissing him afterwards. So yeah, I don't see any contradictions in her character AS PRESENTED in the show.

Edited by sj4iy

True, the TV show's writers are not only changing the plotlines, they are drastically altering the characters. And they didn't have to do so; Ellaria would have been just as interesting, perhaps even more so, if she had not been thirsting for Myrcella's blood.

And the actress would have maybe one scene to say don't take vengeance and then she would be gone. That was book Ellaria. I like the actress and so I like that they have re-written her to want vengeance.

With Brienne following Sansa north, Baelish talking about a wedding, and Mance dying, I have a hunch that

Sansa will marry ramsay, and Brienne will fill in for the Abel plot and rescue her from Winterfell.

Edited by EddardsHead

True, the TV show's writers are not only changing the plotlines, they are drastically altering the characters. And they didn't have to do so; Ellaria would have been just as interesting, perhaps even more so, if she had not been thirsting for Myrcella's blood.

Lol wanting to torture Myrcella like that sounds like something Cersei would want.