I dread even more the fate of Shireen than the fate of Sansa.

Whatever is done to Sansa I am sure she will survive until at least into the last book since her story is not yet over.

Shireen burned by Melisandre, maybe with the support of her own mother, would be, well, dead.

Nope,nope,nope. None of that.

Whatever is done to Sansa I am sure she will survive until at least into the last book since her story is not yet over.

Shireen burned by Melisandre, maybe with the support of her own mother, would be, well, dead.

Yeah for a while I have believed that Shireen is going to be burned in the books and the show... It will happen while Stannis is away, and it will be what breaks him, because Stannis in the books without something like this would become ruler of the 7 kingdoms... he is an excellent tactical leader, is building support in the North, and there is really no enemy left, that can match him on the battlefield...After he wins the battle of Winterfell, The North will be lockstep with Stannis.

The trailer with Selyse on the ground could be her relization of what she did, or Stannis leaving her at the wall doesn't look good for Shireen.

The BWB and Tullys will probably return to the show when the Freys return and something big goes down in the Riverlands - probably in season 6. GRRM put that story on back-burner for a while with very little happening. Killing a few redshirt Freys doesn't count as something happening. But when there is stuff to do there, those characters will come back. It is inconceivable that the show won't circle back to Walder Frey - the Red Wedding was one of the biggest moments of the show. Be patient.

Of course they will return... That being said they have had characters in the Riverland area and have chosen to mention little, if nothing, of the BWB, the Frey's dropping like flies, etc...in the books the Riverlands story is never on the back burner either... it is on going and continuous.

I fear the same.This could also be the breaking point for Stannis..possibly turning to some darker forces to revive Shireen? [new Night's king in the making? ]

Actually he was going to take it from Cersei (hardly foolish!) which is why Varys had him killed.

He actually supplanted her after her incarceration by the Sparrows, and was going to have her shipped off to Casterly Rock...and yes that is why Varys killed him... because he would have stabilized the kingdoms.

This is definitely Dany's season. Loving Meereen so far :drool:

Although I am not a Dany fan (can't wait for her death scene to be honest) I do agree strongly that the Meeren stuff has been pretty good so far this season. I think it's also showing Dany not to be the fairytale some unsullied thought i.e. the perfect ruler and conquerer.

So while looking at the cast for this season and who is cast in Meereen it appears 1 of 2 things will happen on the show. 1 There is no Haroy, or 2 Hiz is the Harpy by default as they have not cast any other Meereenese as an antagonist. It's not Selmy and it's not Missy, Greyworm or Daario.

So it has to be Hiz and that is if they even go with that storyline of having a Harpy and it's not just a bunch of people in Masks. But given that is the only story they can go with, and they are clearly relying on part of it, then it has to be him by default.

So while looking at the cast for this season and who is cast in Meereen it appears 1 of 2 things will happen on the show. 1 There is no Haroy, or 2 Hiz is the Harpy by default as they have not cast any other Meereenese as an antagonist. It's not Selmy and it's not Missy, Greyworm or Daario.

So it has to be Hiz and that is if they even go with that storyline of having a Harpy and it's not just a bunch of people in Masks. But given that is the only story they can go with, and they are clearly relying on part of it, then it has to be him by default.

Hiz told Dany that his father was one of the many crucified Masters. SON of the HARPY? :dunno:

The book deviations while annoying can be a refreshing take on the saga as a whole. S5 is off to a grand start with storylines building and evolving. I wish Bran had some more stuff to do this season if at least to be a filler. I am more intrigued with the story of the Children of the Forest and Old Man raven than I am with the political agendas of Westeros. As for the purists vs the show; I might be alone when I say this but I feel as if GRRM should have made the writers more cognizant of his writings and storylines lest we have what is going on with the show right now. Now I have a feeling that HIS books will be tainted with the character butchering going on his show and his ending will certainly be spoiled.

As much as I would be interested in buying the next couple books I feel as if I will be cheated in a way... I mean I am going to get practically the same ending brought to life via a decent television studio (you can't doubt HBO's credentials!). Purchasing the Winds of Winter might be my last GRRM purchase or library rental based soley on I wont need to read the last book to get the jist of what happens. In addition this story is about to end in about 2 seasons which is about 2 more years vs waiting for Winds of Winter plus the wait for the last book and judging by his last two entries that will be awhile more.

Hiz told Dany that his father was one of the many crucified Masters. SON of the HARPY? :dunno:

Was the Green Grace cast? I can't remember. Or maybe we aren't aware of such a thing?

I dont believe green grace is a harpy

in my own i dont think there is a single head of harpy mainly because that theory is started mainly that she is the only person that dany didnt doubt as a harpy so it would be cool that dany is stupid in trusting her

like daenerys says i believe they are legion ..which sometimes even us dany fans dont remember her saying that or not entertaining that idea ..

in my own i dont think there is a single head of harpy mainly because that theory is started mainly that she is the only person that dany didnt doubt as a harpy so it would be cool that dany is stupid in trusting her

like daenerys says i believe they are legion ..which sometimes even us dany fans dont remember her saying that or not entertaining that idea ..

Well a Harpy is a female gender, and gender is important to those people, as her male agents are "Sons" of the Harpy... It is not just that the Green Grace is female or that she is the only one Dany trusts, it also has to do with the inside information the "Sons" have... The only way to have that info is to have someone on the inner circle...all evidence at this moment points directly to the Green Grace.

Was the Green Grace cast? I can't remember. Or maybe we aren't aware of such a thing?

I mean that they will simply make Hiz the "bad guy" in their plot. Not Grace or anything. but tbh, I can't remember if she was cast.

I'm still waiting for Lady Stoneheart...

Don't hold your breath on that...

I mean that they will simply make Hiz the "bad guy" in their plot. Not Grace or anything. but tbh, I can't remember if she was cast.

I know that the question of who the Harpy is has not been addressed in the books, but I was hoping that the show would be more straightforward while having it be a female. You're probably right, though. Better for the bad guy to be one of her trusted circle and Hiz is the obvious culprit. That actor has a mesmerizing voice.