Can you give an example?

S01E10 when the bard is singing his song for Joffrey. There's 5 up on the dais with him, and 4 more in the back of the hall. Plus Jaime, making 10, is in the Riverlands.

Edited by Philpenn

T and M all lovey in Dorne. IF T has to bite it eventually--> Possible accidental death at the hand of the misguided Sandsnake contingent? Maybe D&D show the futility of revenge through this tragedy rather than the words of the now seemingly brutally show-changes E.

Show cares not for King's Guard consistency. There's been shots where you could count more than seven on the screen. Also been times where you could count the ones on screen and in addition to the ones you know are elsewhere, the total is greater than seven.

They can't count very well on the show in general.

Go back and watch the "Night's Watch cleansing Craster's Keep of traitors" scene. There are at least 20 on screen kills, after which the NW is still actively fighting at least 6 or 7 people, yet the final death tally is said to be 14.

There will be four characters to die this season, who are still alive in the books.

My guesses based on the trailers and released set pictures:

1. Mance (died in the First Episode, and for real).

2. Barristan (missing from the Pit scene)

3. Grey Worm (looked quite dead while Missandei kissing him)

4. Bronn (sadly, his time in the series is done. He is not returning from Dorne)

Therefore, Shireen will be saved from the pyre.

One of the four is Meryn Trant.

Final (?) thought:

The further I get into the books and the more I examine the show, the more I dislike ShowCersei. For a while, I thought that was due solely to the writing painting her as a much less villainous (and much less entertaining) character, and I still see that as the chief problem. But watching this episode, I realised that Lena Hadley's performance is another issue. I don't mean to say that Hadley is a bad actress; far from it. But her performance just does not match up to what I personally imagine when I read the books. While Hadley has had her emotional moments on the show, her default mode for Cersei seems to be one of tight, quiet restraint with a grumpy expression on her face. The Cersei I picture while reading the books is far more volatile, whose efforts to comport herself with dignity come off, not as the real thing, but as a childish woman's (over) acting at what she thinks dignity looks like. Even with all the changes made to ShowCersei, I regret the absence of that quality. That's not really a right or wrong issue when it comes to adaptation, just a personal preference.

Then, Grey Worm might survive. I really do not expect Bronn to survive. Bronn-Jaime is not so good as Bronn-Tyrion. What, the show will try to solve the Rosby inheritance problem?

That's the only article that mentions the number "four" out of hundreds and it's not cited. The author misread something. It may be two, or three, or four, or five, or twenty.

Edited by AdmiralKyrd

That's the only article that mentions the number "four" out of hundreds and it's not cited. The author misread something. It may be two, or three, or four, or five, or twenty.

That too. Whatever the case, I do not think such a sympathetic girl will be burned alive. Maybe Sam saves her and ran away to Eastwatch with Gilly and Monster.

Then, Grey Worm might survive. I really do not expect Bronn to survive. Bronn-Jaime is not so good as Bronn-Tyrion. What, the show will try to solve the Rosby inheritance problem?

I agree, my bet is that Grey Worm survives. I am a bit surprised that it does strongly appear they intend to kill Bronn since he is such a fan favorite and they're fast running out of those, with nobody really to replace them with because I don't think the Sand Snakes are going to be favs.

That too. Whatever the case, I do not think such a sympathetic girl will be burned alive. Maybe Sam saves her and ran away to Eastwatch with Gilly and Monster.

Yeah, I think Shireen is a goner. Don't use sympathetic logic to make your decision here. We're talking about D&D, and George. I think this is the scene that Davos' actor was speaking about. Don't forget, there isn't a single book reader who doesn't believe Shireen gets burned in the next book anyway. Everyone thinks that. So...

Edited by Dalpha

I posted this in the Pod and Brienne thread.

Daniel Portman is an actor, known for Game of Thrones (2011), The Angels' Share (2012) and Wasteland 26: Six Tales of Generation Y (2014).

Trivia (5)

Lives in Glasgow, Scotland.

He has a powerful Baritone singing voice.

Auditioned for the part of Albert Narracott in War Horse (2011).

Auditioned for the part of Ethan Wate in Beautiful Creatures (2013).

Son of actor Ron Donachie.

Pod = Abel, and Brienne could be the GOWF or spearwife, with the aid of at least older woman.

I agree, my bet is that Grey Worm survives. I am a bit surprised that it does strongly appear they intend to kill Bronn since he is such a fan favorite and they're fast running out of those, with nobody really to replace them with because I don't think the Sand Snakes are going to be favs.

For now, my money's on Bronn basically getting the fate of Ser Arys Oakheart from the books while fan fave Jaime gets more of what Ser Balon Swann does (unless he gets killed soon in the books, too).

Yeah, I think Shireen is a goner. Don't use sympathetic logic to make your decision here. We're talking about D&D, and George. I think this is the scene that Davos' actor was speaking about. Don't forget, there isn't a single book reader who doesn't believe Shireen gets burned in the next book anyway. Everyone thinks that. So...

I agree. I think it's probably Shireen. Another shocking case of an innocent being ground up in other people's machinations (the Game of Thrones, so to speak). But if it is Shireen ,and we already saw Davos go to the mat over Gendry, what would he be willing to do for her? Assuming consistent characterization, of course (always dangerous, I know).

Shireen has to survive so she can teach Ilyn Payne how to read and write. Then he can divulge all the secrets of the house of lannister.

Until Arya gives him the gift of course.

I love this! :love: It solves so many things I'm worried about.

I agree, my bet is that Grey Worm survives.

May all the gods of Westeros hear you.

Mance = done

Barristan may be done he could survive and is healing which is why he may not be in the pits; but he did tell Danny about her dad so he may be done if he's not doing the battle of Mereen.

Trent = 99.9% done Arya's bagging that shit head for beating Sansa.

Shireen = 75-90 % done they still could save her.

Bronn = 80-90% done

Grey worm sorta where Selmy is, it's one or the other.

Pod = Abel, and Brienne could be the GOWF or spearwife, with the aid of at least older woman.

Sadly, Roose knows Brienne too damn well from Harrenhal. However, if Brienne poses as a man, it could work.

If there will be a Hooded Man in the show, my bet is on Davos.

For now, my money's on Bronn basically getting the fate of Ser Arys Oakheart from the books while fan fave Jaime gets more of what Ser Balon Swann does (unless he gets killed soon in the books, too).

Or maybe Jaime gets killed? What if he doesn't have that much more to do in the books, for example, if he doesn't survive his pending encounter with Lady Stoneheart?