[BOOK SPOILERS] What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions

Unsullied fiancée.

Arya: "That old guy is not taking any of her crap. … Aw, she doesn't know The Mountain is dead yet. Who are Walder Frey and Meryn Trant?" Since she is a Harry Potter fan she remembered Filch. Could not jog memory of Trant.

Sansa/LF/Brienne/etc: "Wow, she is such a dummy. … Oh no, Brienne, save Pod! Phew! Why do you like Littlefinger so much?"

Myrcella threat/Bronn: "Well, there goes that kid! Two down, one to go!" I explained it was a threat, not indicating Myrcella was dead. "Oh. She's still not making it through this season, I bet. … Is that Myrcella with Bronn? … Oh man, he's going to die."

Dorne: "Okay, she's still alive. Who is that kid? I know her. Who is that guy?" (Hotah.) "Who is this guy?" (Doran.) "Who are the Sand Snakes?" (Oberyn's children.) "They should go to war. Doran doesn't know what he's doing."

Sons of the Harpy: "Is it bad I just don't care?" I interrupted her saying something about Hizdahr so she would pay attention to Barry's story about the Mad King. "And that was her father? Yikes."

Tyrion: "Volantis sounds cool but why bother with that scene?"

Dwarf head/Small Council: "This Qyburn guy is gross. .. Wait, who is that guy again?" (Kevan.) "Way to stand up to her! Good for him!"

Shireen: "Oh no, they're going to kill her." I asked what makes her so sure about that. "She's like a little girl version of Ned. She's kind, she's teaching people to read. She's a goner and someone else is getting Greyscale this season, too." I asked about that. "You don't spend that much time focusing on it to not have someone get it."

Stannis: "Not this guy again." (She really doesn't like Stannis.) I was then surprised by the note from Lyanna. "Okay, why is that note so important?" I explained about it being from a little girl who is also Jorah's cousin. "So a 10 year-old girl told this jerk off? I like her and I don't even know who she is."

Election: "Oh wow, wait, Jon won? He's Lord Commander now?" She picked up on the shot of Olly when Alliser was talking. "He's clapping now but he didn't look happy about the Wildlings." I asked but she didn't remember his family being killed by Wildlings.

Jaqen: "Hey! He's back! That explains him being in the previous clip."

Execution: "Is someone going to be executed at the end of every episode?" I told her I didn't know. "Well she's an awful ruler. You don't look away. And she should have been the one to swing the sword … Oh man, so close. All she had to do was hop on his back and fly to Westeros."

When asked what her favorite part was: "A tie between that little girl's letter and Kevan. I think I have to go with Kevan Lannister: Professional badass."

Seriously. I can understand if someone doesn't remember who Meryn Trant is but Walder Frey? Walder fucking Frey, who killed your propably favourite characters (they weren't my favourites, didn't even care for Cat in the books, but still). How can you not remember who he is?

Seriously. I can understand if someone doesn't remember who Meryn Trant is but Walder Frey? Walder fucking Frey, who killed your propably favourite characters (they weren't my favourites, didn't even care for Cat in the books, but still). How can you not remember who he is?

That was my exact response. She wasn't particularly attached to Robb or Cat. Anyway, I am not allowed to judge her because I don't know why Han shooting first is important, though I think I understand it enough to know that's not an even comparison. :)

Well he's only been in like 2 episodes. For the average unsullied who watch each episode only once he's easy to forget

I remember the day after the Rains of Castamere episode, I talked to some unsullied friends and mentioned Roose Bolton.

Unsullied friends:"Who is that?"

I was speechless, his fucking name was dropped several times during the feast to boot.

Spoken to another unsullied friend his thoughts:

- "Mel seems really interested in Jon, does he have kings blood?"

- "I think they may reveal who Jon's is mother is this season."

- On Dany "I think the show are setting her up as the next big death".

- Varys/Tyrion. "Why are they going to Dany, I hope they don't kill Tyrion he is my favourite character."

- Arya. "She's badass I think she will kill someone important by the end of this season"

From my unsullied fiance:

*when LF is talking to Brienne about her service to Renly*

Him: "Who's Renly?"

Me: "Robert's brother..."

Him: "I thought that was the guy at the wall."

Me: "That's the other brother..."

Him: "I don't remember Renly."

Me: "Ya know, when Melisandre gave birth to the shadow baby and it killed him..."

Him: "Oh, the gay one!"

Me: *facepalm*

I swear I had the exact same conversation with my husband! hahaha

You can sum up the Baratheon brothers by this:

Robert: the drunk fat one

Stannis: the badass one

Renly: they gay one

Spoken to another unsullied friend his thoughts:

- "Mel seems really interested in Jon, does he have kings blood?"

- "I think they may reveal who Jon's is mother is this season."

- On Dany "I think the show are setting her up as the next big death".

- Varys/Tyrion. "Why are they going to Dany, I hope they don't kill Tyrion he is my favourite character."

- Arya. "She's badass I think she will kill someone important by the end of this season"

She will kill the important "Meryn Trant" who no one seems to remember.

She will kill the important "Meryn Trant" who no one seems to remember.

It's amazing. I was like, "Meryn Trant, the guy who killed Syrio? You were really mad about that? You said he was a coward for letting his men fight first? He beat up Sansa? Testified against Tyrion? He was with Cersei in the last episode?" Nope. Finally, I pointed at his brief appearance in the dwarf head scene. "Oh, him. Not familiar."

She remembers Slynt, though.

Sigh.

My sister, whose seen about fifteen minutes total of the whole series, was convinced that Drogon was mad at the "blonde girl" for cutting that guy's head off. She also questioned how a girl could physically give birth to a dragon.

From my end, I say they got right the utter boredom and pointlessness of the Meereen storyline. That really translated well to the screen

Thanks for making my day :lmao:

Strangely enough, I find Meereen much more interesting in the show than in the books, mostly because show-Daario and show-Hizdahr are more interesting characters.

I watched the episode with another book reader, two Unsullied and one Half-sullied (he's at the end of book 3). Here's the summary:

- Arya is going to have an awesome time with not-Jaqen. She's going to become a total badass.

- Brienne and Pod will get themselves killed, because they have zero approval rating.

- Cersei will drink herself to death before the season is over.

- Jaime and Bronn going to Dorne sounded awesome to everyone.

- Everyone loves Ellaria.

- Everyone loves Gilly and Shireen.

- Everyone thinks Dany is f***ing up even more with every day. My unsullied think Drogon will free the other two dragons.

- If it takes Varys and Tyrion as long to get to Dany as it is taking Dany to get to Westeros, my friends will stop watching.

- They are starting to like Stannis.

- Everyone is really excited to see what kind of commander Jon is going to be.

- Everyone thinks Dany is f***ing up even more with every day. My unsullied think Drogon will free the other two dragons.

- If it takes Varys and Tyrion as long to get to Dany as it is taking Dany to get to Westeros, my friends will stop watching.

Lol. I think it'll progress more quickly than in the books. Although if Season 5 for Dany ends the same way that it does in Book 5 then I think a lot of people will be pissed off at yet another distraction put in front of her.

I don't know many people who watch the show, but a friend of mine skipped it, one of my sisters fell asleep and thought the first two episodes were really boring and another friend thought they were ok and was glad Jaq was back and wants more Tyrion and Varys.

Archived