[BOOK SPOILERS] The Death of Ellaria Sand as we knew her

Meh, Tyrion was always pretty loathsome, imo. Only he used to get Bronn to carry out his dirty work rather than doing it himself. Bowl of singers stew anyone? :ack:

I realise this has nothing to do with Ellaria though.

Tyrion’s behaviour in aDwD is “understandable” in that I understand his motivations for behaving that way and how all his characterization and development up to that point lead to me believe that it was a realistic way that a person like him would behave. That does not mean it was in any was justified or “good” or that I can excuse it.

So no, the fact that Faullaria is grieving does make it okay for her to act this way, and I don’t believe her characterization in season 4 (such as it was), let alone her characterization in the source material, motivated this development at all.

I wonder if Doran will get The Mountain's head sent down and this will appease Elaria?

They had the dwarf head this week and Qyburn took it.

Will Robert Strong have a dwarf head inside that helm?

I wonder if Doran will get The Mountain's head sent down and this will appease Elaria?

They had the dwarf head this week and Qyburn took it.

Will Robert Strong have a dwarf head inside that helm?

I doubt it, unlike the book, Tyrion sending Dorne Clegane's head was never part of the agreement.

Or...they'll just have Jaime and Bronn lug it to Dorne. And, not that it matters, but I've always believed that the skull delivered to Dorne was a dwarf head replacement and that UnGregor still has his own head.

Any explanation why in place of her long hair last year, she has a weird very modern looking hair cut?

Because change of the looks equals with changes of character... Just remember Sansa :)

I'm open to discussing another character that drastically changed from one book to the next. After a traumatic experience. Tyrion lannister. A greyer character in the book sure, but not really a bad one all things considered. He talks about his first wife and how he was forced to watch her be gang raped and then forced to take part. He feels guilt about this. He doesn't consumate his marriage to Sansa. Despite marital rape not excisting in his society and him having everything to gain (his fathers approval, a kingdom) he doesn't go ahead with it.

Then he finds out that Tysha wasn't a whore and his father put her through that experience as she was not a suitable partner for him. What a horrible traumatic experience. He loses his father and shae (even if he doesn't care for her as much.) and then how does he respond when we see him in two books. He threatens to mutualite a slave and rapes her. Tyrion doesn't even have the excuse of growing up in Essos and believing slavery was right. Suddenly he's cruel for crueltys sake which he wasn't before. Actually this was the most disappointing thing about feast and dance for me, not the wealth of new characters or plots, but the change to Tyrion. Suddenly I didn't want to root for anyone anymore, and as grey as everyone is in the real world. It's hard reading about characters that just disgust you, for me anyway.

I'm sure people are going to point out 1000 reasons why the really well established Tyrion can suddenly start venting his rage on a young woman that had nothing to do with anything bad that happened to him, but Ellaria for some reason can't change after 3 scenes and an equally traumatic experience but I think the main reason will be because a lot of posters on here think George can do no wrong.

He's so white-washed you might as well call him Tyrion Snow.

I was thinking of how women shore their hair as a sign of their grief. She does it in the film, Kama Sutra, too.

I would actually like this if it would be true... :)

Once again, fans to the rescue...

Women cut their hair when you get dumped or someone cheats on you, as a sign of "waiting for new things" or "making a new person of myself"... not when you're a widower. It's like saying "I'm totally going to forget you and have new things".

In 21st century, women cut their hair when they are dumped. Long ago, they have been doing that as a sign of mourning. Even today, I know some who did that.

Archived