[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

That is a feature of the world in the books as much as the show. Even in the books, she's queen regent, not Hand.

Cersei's plot is a bit tricky in the books. At first, you kinda feel bad for her because, yes, indeed, society won't let a woman rule. Also, her whole speech about how it's "her time" is something you want to believe.

And they you realise the fact she's not allowed to rule had little to do with sexism but with her being an idiot and people knowing it, and her ideas of how she deserved to rule are nothing but entitled notions she has made up after her father told her thirty years ago that she should have married a Prince.

Yeah, but how is that going to work? No redemption for Theon? Or Brienne and Theon are going to help Sansa escape after Brienne is flayed a little?

But, for real. The thug would take one look at Theon in his current state, verbally abuse him and then kick him down a flight of stairs.

She probably pledges her sword to Ramsay thinking he is pretty swell.

Cersei's plot is a bit tricky in the books. At first, you kinda feel bad for her because, yes, indeed, society won't let a woman rule. Also, her whole speech about how it's "her time" is something you want to believe.

And they you realise the fact she's not allowed to rule had little to do with sexism but with her being an idiot and people knowing it, and her ideas of how she deserved to rule are nothing but entitled notions she has made up after her father told her thirty years ago that she should have married a Prince.

Exactly. It wasn't about sexism as much as it was about Cersei being downright idiotic and cruel. Those reasons are all deleted on the show, however.

Right? But how did that happen? Even discounting her personality change, her acting was badish and I thought she was good last season.

She wasn't playing off of Pascal? Oberyn not only owned every scene he was in last season but made everyone in them with him better.

I didn't mind the hissing actually, it was kind of interesting.

Jamie, yikes. I can't decide if it's a total overreaction/overcorrection to the sept scene so they're making her totally powerful and him a useless sidekick, or they're going all out to get Lena an Emmy, or they're stupid.

Exactly. It wasn't about sexism as much as it was about Cersei being downright idiotic and cruel. Those reasons are all deleted on the show, however.

It pains me that they're making Cersei a victim or an icon of feminism in the show. People like Cersei hurt the cause more than anything, as they believe they are entitled to things for the fact they are women, not because they are capable women. Women should be given equal chances and opportunities, not free things without deserving them. At least, that's how I see it :dunno:

But she's not the only female literary character who has been so drastically changed when portrayed in live media. I think Maleficent is the same, although I haven't yet seen the movie (nor I want too). She's the embodiment of evil but now she's supposedly a victim of sexual violence, so, we should understand :dunno:

Obara loves to smash things.

Nymeria loves girls.

Sarella loves knowledge.

Tyene loves... to speak like this.

So they are the Avengers without the depth. Gotcha.

The hissing was kinda cool tbh. Like, really captured Dany fucking up there. My mum kept going on about how Dany should have asked the people what to do with that guy. Because it was clear Dany was hella conflicted.

So apparently there's no problem with the Vale Knights, the innkeepers and the patrons of the Inn and just about freaking everybody to know that Alayne is really Sansa Stark, considering how they're all okay with saying it out loud.

It's ok. Her hair is dark.

Cersei's guards: Girl, people are calling you Sansa Stark! You're coming with us

Sansa: What? I'm not her. Look, I have dark hair and an attitude.

CG: Oh, right... ok, you can go.

It's like Superman's glasses.

Pod knew it was her right away. What is the point of the dark hair? :lol:

Also, yes, everyone knows Pod knew it was her because he knows her. The Vale lords know she's Sansa, not because she had red hair, but because she told them. The Vale knights know she's Sansa, the whole inn knows she's Sansa, because she's out in public and people who know her are calling her Sansa...

Also, since when did Mace have such a deep voice? I jumped a bit because I thought that the scene had transitioned to Roose talking before the camera focused on Mace.

He's voice does keep changing. It's really jarring in "The Laws of Gods and Men." When he argues with Oberyn over titles, it's kind of deep and then it become softer when he responds to Tywin. And then it gets really deep when he questions Cersie during the trial. And it becomes soft when he asks shae if she's a prostitute.

It's ok. Her hair is dark.

Cersei's guards: Girl, people are calling you Sansa Stark! You're coming with us

Sansa: What? I'm not her. Look, I have dark hair and an attitude.

CG: Oh, right... ok, you can go.

It's like Superman's glasses.

With that stupid ass necklace she should tell them she's a dark priestess from Asshai beyond the smoking sea, because they have sure as hell never seen anything like it in Westeros. I can't be Sansa fools, look at this jewelry. I'm a foreigner, duh.

Archived