[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

They cut all of Briennes AFFC arc in 5 minutes.

All those chapters she searches for Sansa and here she strolls into a bar & finds her.

They are really going at a very fast speed now towards the end.

I don't see how this is a bad thing. I mean, the execution could be better, but still...

Stannis' offer to Jon felt pretty rushed

Also, the dialogue was a bit too "previously on" at times. Like, LF summing up Brienne's successful career so far and then Cersei listing the sufferings of all her sons

Oh, and Jaime and Cersei mixing up their scripts again.

The offer wasn't rushed, it was Jon's refusal that was rushed. He needed to struggle with it a lot more. A better writer who didn't arbitrarily handicap himself with a "no flashback" rule might have even had a flashback to young Jon and Robb sparring and Robb telling him that Catelyn said Jon could never be the Lord of Winterfell.

Oh, and Jaime and Cersei mixing up their scripts again.

Look, Carol is just a relatable, broke, put upon single mom who has to deal with her misogynistic uncle not respecting her authority for no reason and her dense, deadbeat brother/lover/baby daddy who just doesn’t get how hard it is to be a working woman.

She has so much on her plate, can you really blame her for reading from the wrong script?

The offer wasn't rushed, it was Jon's refusal that was rushed. He needed to struggle with it a lot more. A better writer who didn't arbitrarily handicap himself with a "no flashback" rule might have even had a flashback to young Jon and Robb sparring and Robb telling him that Catelyn said Jon could never be the Lord of Winterfell.

Yeah, that's what I meant, his refusal was rushed. But I think that flashback would've been kind of cheesy, to be honest

Am I the only one that thinks Doran is completely and utterly miscast? Don't get me wrong I love Alexander Siddig, but he comes off as too young especially when you compare him to the older(?) actors of Sean, Mark, and Michelle.

I must inform you that I am not of that opinion...

#jamiefraser #outlander

I couldn't have waited to use this line...

Yeah, Stannis's offer was rushed. But at least he didn't say "join me or else I will burn Ser Piggy alive while you're forced to watch" and then follow through. While at the same time going on about how Rahloo is the one true god and allowing his men to murder or rape with no punishment. Honestly... I'm kinda happy they mentioned the Mormonts at all. They really downplayed Stannis's ability to inspire loyalty in season 2, so I can at least still hope that he will rally the Stormlanders, Crownlanders, and Northmen to march against Bolton despite being terribly outmatched.

Plus, Jon hasn't formally refused yet. There's still time to think.

What was up with Indira Varma's accent? I don't recall her trying a fake Spanish last season. Now it was either the Indira from Rome, or a female Pedro Pascal.

I wish they'd stop calling Areo's weapon an axe. If you wanted to call it an axe, give him a weapon that most people would immediately identify it as an axe. After all, you're pandering to the masses about everything else in the show, why do this?

Jon's election felt rushed. Not that it was rushed, 'cause of course it was, but if felt rushed. Still I thought Kit delivered a good performance in his quiet, somber way, in those scenes.

The only thing D&D are currently trying to match and overtake GRRM on is the number of chance encounters in a random inn. Right now Littlefinger and Sansa look like they're just touring the country-side, not going somewhere with a purpose.

The hissing was stupid.

The most disappointing thing about Braavos was those three guys who accosted Arya. British accents all throughout, not even a hint to tell you these are people are living on another continent. I know that Braavos is kinda of a mongrel city, but still is common Westerosi the official language? No lessons in Valyrian for Maisie Williams? And that's the closest I'll come to comparing this episode to the books.

i sorta felt like it was rushed too. No problem with the scene itself really (liked Sam telling about how he found Slynt) but it could have been a bit more spaced out. instead of the campaigning and election all in one scene, maybe have the campaigning this episode. and then sam scheming some next and then the election.

That necklace. And OMG Sophie's make up looks terrible. She looked like she was about to pass out the entire segment. But, it's nice that she stayed awake to make a the terrible choice on her own to blow off Brienne so she can go w/LF to Winterfell. Yeah, this plot is going to be great.

Brienne. Yes, she's still a thug and still stupid. Still failing spectacularly.

LF leading Sansa around by the nose. She was barely sentient in that scene.

And Brienne, could have seen that, but no...

(Even if she accepted her, how was she going to get past the other knights?)

Parts I enjoyed (Yes, there were some this episode!)

- Show!Sansa at least making sense in-universe. If you can't make peace with your book!self, at least you can be smart. I wouldn't trust ThugBrienne.

- The Wall was good, considering the quota of ten seconds that seems to have been to elect Jon. Olly is going to murder Jon, I'm quite sure.

- Emilia bringing her acting chops in order to show emotion with Drogon. Best scene of this season so far, and in general, Dany's storyline is being treated justly.

The cringing-worthy:

- Ellaria Sand. No comments there. Special points for one of the worst dialogues ever said in a show, and her gesture when she goes about how the Sand Snakes are with her.

- Cersei being mistreated because WOMAN, PATRIARCHY. Of course a woman can't be hand, especially being such a kind and smart ruler. Uncle Kevan, screams PATRIARCHY and leaves KL. Can't you see, guys? He's empowered with his dead set MISOGINY. So smart and subtle storytelling.

- ThugBrienne, Jaime. It's not like characters need direction. They're just walking plot-points.

Pod needs to learn how to ride a horse already. It's not funny anymore, if it ever was.

I am just amazed that him and Brienne have been getting around everywhere so quickly with only one horse.

LF leading Sansa around by the nose. She was barely sentient in that scene.

And Brienne, could have seen that, but no...

The whole thing was completely bizarre, even more bizarre than I expected. They all randomly meet in an inn. LOL. Original. And this new empowered Sansa, Sophie's take on that is weird. But of course empowered Show Sansa making all the wrong decisions.

And the dumb thug doesn't tell Sansa your sister's alive, and oh yeah, I also threw the Hound off a cliff, but your sister is alive, I saw her. Nope. She just throws down again. Yo Pod, Ima gonna throw down on this room full of Vale guys, go get the horses. ?

Archived