[Book Spoilers] Positive Nitpicking Thread...

I liked Daario's line to Hizdahr too.

Hizdahr: "She should have cut off the traitors head inside the Great Pyramid and been done with it"

Daario: "That's what I keep telling her to do to you" :D

Show!Daario is such a massive improvement over book one, it's not even funny. It's the reason I can excuse silly stuff like Crazy Widow Ellaria; D&D know how to take some minor characters and make them into scene-stealers. Also probably helps to make me appreciate the show's Meereen arc, while the book one bores me to tears.

Watching Oathkeeper shatter that sword was simply satisfying. Particularly because they didn't waste anytime before or after going "Look out! Valyrian steel isn't any ordinary steel. It was forged in the fires of ancient Valyria and is known to shatter blades of baser metals [wink wink obvious foreshadowing]. It's the little details that make the show feel like Westeros

So many moments I really enjoyed.

In no particular order:

Seeing Lyanna Mormonts letter. I chuckled for a while.

Stannis' face when talking to Jon about Lyanna's letter.

Samwell Tarly just snarked it up everywhere! Woah.

Meereen. Don't judge me, but everything in Meereen is interesting. Who'da thunk it? I even felt a little bad for Dany making unwise decisions.

I really had my heart set on Ben Kingsley as Doran, but this guy sounds so much like Oberyn, that I'm convinced he'll be great.

My heart went out to Ser Barry for trying to be a stand in for Jorah. He's sweet, but he's been a Kingsguard for too long. :(

Sansa - I am fixated on carefully watching her facial expressions (or lack of) during every scene.

Kevan! Effing! Lannister! I laughed at the smackdown.

Brienne showing her stuff on horse with sword!

But, in the end, my heart got owned by Shireen and Gilly. Awwwww. Especially Shireen.

Unsurprisingly, all the Jon and all the Dany scenes. I looooooove that D+D got the issue of Aerys's "madness" out of the way. I think I will be willing to overlook anything because they did this.

The closing track was amazing, I listened to it several times. Ramin Djawadi's work continues to be phenomenal.

-Lyanna Mormont's letter

-Kevan sassing Cersei (finally, good grief I've been waiting for him)

-Sansa turning down Brienne's offer of protection. That scene seems to suggest Sansa is learning not to trust anyone, which for her is good news considering her situation.

-Shireen in general

-"In a puddle of his own making..." :lmao:

-Lyanna Mormont's letter

-Kevan sassing Cersei (finally, good grief I've been waiting for him)

-Sansa turning down Brienne's offer of protection. That scene seems to suggest Sansa is learning not to trust anyone, which for her is good news considering her situation.

-Shireen in general

-"In a puddle of his own making..." :lmao:

People keep saying this, but it's not true. She trusts the most untrustworthy man in Westeros. :bang:

People keep saying this, but it's not true. She trusts the most untrustworthy man in Westeros. :bang:

Seemingly, but I doubt she has zero reservations about LF. In her own mind, she doesn't have any better option, most likely, and thinks well at least I can probably work with LF. I have an idea of what he wants.

I may be reading into things too much, but at points how she'll speak to him and her expressions make me think so. That she doesn't trust LF farther than she could throw him. For example, glancing over intently to try and see what his message was before they left Royce's place. Then poking at the issue with her "dark wings, dark words" comment to try and get him to divulge. She's suspicious, or at least anxious of what he could have going on that he doesn't readily share with her of his own accord.

Sansa's best bet is whoever offers her the best protection at the time. Brienne ain't it. Brienne should have taken Podd's advice and waited until she could have found a moment to get Sansa alone. She could have either talked to Sansa or kidnapped her. Either way, Brienne's decision to confront Sansa in front of Littlefinger ended the way one would expect.

Rewatching the ep this morning. So many good bits:

Kevan was fantastic. It was a good way of having the character make his mark, while not having to have the actor around for most of the season.

Good to see Qyburn back being as creepy as always, from his whole "waste not want not" philosophy, to taking his place at the Small Council (cue grumbling from Pycelle)

I always enjoy those Small Council scenes actually and Mace being puffed up on a sense of his own self importance was hilarious.

Lollys was sweet. I'm hoping she wasn't just introduced for that scene though (as mentioned above JAIME RUINED EVERYTHING)

Really enjoying Meereen, which is a pleasant surprise. Tension built nicely to the execution scene. The dragon scene was very touching.

Sometimes I wish I could be unspoiled for casting so the "Jaqen" reveal would have been a "woah" moment. But that's never going to happen!

Nice to see Doran and Areo, even if it wasn't much of a scene. Water Gardens look fabulous (Braavos also looks great)

Good bit of comic relief with Varys and Tyrion. I can't bear Tyrion's ADWD material so this is a good change for me.

Wall scenes brilliant. I remember thinking the LC election was kind of tedious in the books but it zipped along nicely with all the different characters. It was good to see Slynt getting called out for being a little shit. Thorne is still much more likeable in the show than the books even if he's not nice, you can kind of see why he's not being nice!? Also Sam's speech and Aemon's little smile at the end.

Shireen, Gilly, Sam scene was perfect.

Jon, Stannis, Davos scene was good. The Lyanna Mormont letter was a nice touch.

The closing track was amazing, I listened to it several times. Ramin Djawadi's work continues to be phenomenal.

It's an upbeat version of the hauntingly beautiful track from last season when Dany locks up the other dragons: called Breaker Of Chains.

It's an upbeat version of the hauntingly beautiful track from last season when Dany locks up the other dragons: called Breaker Of Chains.

I wasn't aware of that. Thank you. I really liked it.

Archived