[Book Spoilers] Positive Nitpicking Thread...

Unsurprisingly, all the Jon and all the Dany scenes. I looooooove that D+D got the issue of Aerys's "madness" out of the way. I think I will be willing to overlook anything because they did this.

The closing track was amazing, I listened to it several times. Ramin Djawadi's work continues to be phenomenal.

:agree:

I've been listening to it too. It's so lovely.

It's an upbeat version of the hauntingly beautiful track from last season when Dany locks up the other dragons: called Breaker Of Chains.

I did not realize that. Thank you.

Again, time to discuss what your favorite moments were from this episode...

I had quite a few:

1. Jon's reaction to Stannis offering him the North

2. Information about the Mad King (finally!)

3. Dany gets into a Robb Stark situation

4. Kevan Lannister drops the mic on Cersei

5. Drogon is HUGE!

6. Sam's speech about Jon (and his insults of Janos Slynt)

What were your favorites?

:agree:

You know the show creators are doing poor job, when Positive nitpicking thread is having this few replies...

What I liked:

1. Kevan

2. Sam the Sass

3. Aemon deciding vote

4. Dany's struggle in Meereen

5. Stannis closing KIt Harington's mouth.

6. Lyanna Mormont letter

You know the show creators are doing poor job, when Positive nitpicking thread is having this few replies...

Nah, it's just that people prefer to pester and bitch about everything rather than aknowledging the strong points, and there were quite a lot of those !

I enjoyed the episode a lot. Special shout outs to

- Arya/Jaquen

- Kevan putting Cersei in her place

- Jon looking at the Lyanna Mormont's note to Stannis / Jon and Stannis' reaction to it

- Gilly and Shireen. That girl makes everything beautiful. Which means she's doomed.

- Dany and Drogon. Drogon makes everything beautiful. Which means he's doomed.

No the people in the negativity thread are just that more vocal and a lot more prolific. I swear the same 10 people had over 100 posts each in that thread on the first episode.

No the people in the negativity thread are just that more vocal and a lot more prolific. I swear the same 10 people had over 100 posts each in that thread on the first episode.

That thread was ridiculous. What it get to 60 Pages or something? I wouldn't waste my time on a show if I thought it was that bad. :dunno:

Eta: Just looked, 162 pages. :lol:

This is the norm here. This place is an echo chamber, and in no way an accurate depiction of the way the show is viewed by the majority of people who watch it.

Also, as stated, most people in this thread post once or twice. A few people in the negativity thread go on and on and on.

I know this thread will never be as 'popular' as the ranting thread, but I like for people to have a 'safe' place to express their positive views of the show without the need to defend themselves. I know from experience, it gets tiresome after a while.

This is the norm here. This place is an echo chamber, and in no way an accurate depiction of the way the show is viewed by the majority of people who watch it.

Also, as stated, most people in this thread post once or twice. A few people in the negativity thread go on and on and on.

I know this thread will never be as 'popular' as the ranting thread, but I like for people to have a 'safe' place to express their positive views of the show without the need to defend themselves. I know from experience, it gets tiresome after a while.

And some of us are very grateful for it.

That thread was ridiculous. What it get to 60 Pages or something? I wouldn't waste my time on a show if I thought it was that bad. :dunno:

Eta: Just looked, 162 pages. :lol:

At least it's concentrated the people who hate watch the hardest into one single thread. Everytime they clusteered on the S5 speculation thread it was a bit of a downer.

You shut your mouth! :whip:

:devil: We all know it's coming......

ETA:

Sigh. Sadly, this. It is indeed a handful of people making a lot of noise. No one suggests there aren't things to nitpick but good grief, folks.

People must have a really empty life if they rant and rave so much about something when they could simply stop wasting their time with it.

I really enjoy the show despite having some problems. The main one being the characterization of Ellaria. Now they need a charismatic character leading the revenge fraction but it is sad that the same Ellaria cannot be the one to transfer one of the most important messages of the books as a whole: the futility of revenge. I just loved book Ellaria for it.

But I so much love the altered story arc of Sansa. The actress would be totally off by now performing as little naive Sansa and adapting her arc to what the actress can give is simply reasonable, apart from being far more interesting.

But frankly, and now I have to wallow in self pity a little, it is due to all that negativity in these forums that I start losing all interest in following debates here any longer. I am an artist myself and I first of all respect others' creative achievements, books and show. And then I try to criticize in a constructive manner.

Are there only masochists around in these forums, chastising themselves via remote control, unable to switch off their tv set, compulsively watching the show as atonement for whatever sin?

Well, my family, my friends and I watch the show for pleasure.

Sometimes I wish I could be unspoiled for casting so the "Jaqen" reveal would have been a "woah" moment. But that's never going to happen!

I'm not sure how I blessedly escaped being spoiled that Jaqen was cast for this season - but that was such an awesome moment for me - I literally jumped up out of my chair and did some fist pumping "YESS!" right there!

I did avoid this forum and a lot of fan blogs for quite a few months before this season - being a Walking Dead fan helps fill the void!

Anyway, back on the subject...I really enjoyed the Lyanna Mormont but, as well. Stannis saying that fear makes men follow was a good one- very Stannis.

Honestly, I think this season has the potential to be better than season 5.

What are you expecting from a message board who wants nothing but word for word adaptation of the books?

I personally quite like the show, even if sometimes they fail at some things (I really hate show Loras but whatever).

What I liked :

Kevan telling it like it is to Cersei (and the whole small council scene)

Jon and Stannis's interractions

Lyanna's note

Shireen is a lovely girl

The election scene with Sam (the whole scene)

Bronn and Lollys

Drogon !

The Jaqen reveal

Archived