[Book Spoilers] Positive Nitpicking Thread...

Oh i made one of these so i guess the mods can scrap mine.

Ok.

This. Just this.

The guy who plays Jaqen is back and i lurves hims. He gives me the dokis. What a hunkcicle. Im glad they put him as the Kindly Man's face. :V

Maester Aemon pulls for Jon.

Gilly/Shireen friendship is awww and yiss. Out of fuggin' nowhere but still nice.

Lollys. lolololol

I didnt like the Tyrion scene but i loved that wagon they were in. Its posh as fuck.

Kevan Kevan Kevan Kevan hoo hoo hoo!

Barristan telling Dany whats up with Mad King Aerys and how he handled shit. Dany's reactions this week were FINALLY on point. Like, i finally saw Daenerys Targaryen for the first time in hella seasons.

Jon being Jon. <333

Arya's severing of pigeon head because of the obvious callback.

ALL OF THIS! And I have a huge crush on Jaqen too. :D

I also loved Brienne hacking those knights to pieces. It harkens back to my love of Kill Bill. :D

I was way too happy the show decided to include Lyanna Mormont's letter. That was really awesome. As well as Sam dropping the mic on Janos Slynt. I've found with the North so far a lot of give and take--they take away Mance but also include cool stuff like Mormont and hell, I even enjoyed Gilly for once this week being paired up with Shireen.

I also love the Jaime/Bronn team-up, as well as everybody's reaction to when Brienne tries to explain away the Renly murder with "It was a shadow with Stannis's face".

For the negatives--what the F was that nonsense with the slaves hissing at Dany? Still shaking my head at the cheesiness of that.

Again, time to discuss what your favorite moments were from this episode...

I had quite a few:

1. Jon's reaction to Stannis offering him the North

2. Information about the Mad King (finally!)

3. Dany gets into a Robb Stark situation

4. Kevan Lannister drops the mic on Cersei

5. Drogon is HUGE!

6. Sam's speech about Jon (and his insults of Janos Slynt)

What were your favorites?

Also as many people pointer out, Shireen's scene was really good.

That thread was ridiculous. What it get to 60 Pages or something? I wouldn't waste my time on a show if I thought it was that bad. :dunno:

Eta: Just looked, 162 pages. :lol:

Seriously. I'm also annoyed at many things the show does, but at some point it seems people need to let go. Don't like it, don't watch it. But at least unlike other fandoms it's separated in one thread, for which I'm immensely thankful.

Oh, and to stay on topic, replacing the Kindly Man with Jaqen is a wise move I think. More audience connection to him, no need to create yet another character, and it makes perfect sense for him to be there. The Lyanna Mormont letter was also good, loved that Jon couldn't help but grin just like in the books.

Oh, I really loved a good many things, and I think everything was said already; these are very good lists:

Again, time to discuss what your favorite moments were from this episode...

I had quite a few:

1. Jon's reaction to Stannis offering him the North

2. Information about the Mad King (finally!)

3. Dany gets into a Robb Stark situation

4. Kevan Lannister drops the mic on Cersei

5. Drogon is HUGE!

6. Sam's speech about Jon (and his insults of Janos Slynt)

What were your favorites?

Yeah, I think there was quite a bit to like in this one:

- The little bear seal/drawing in Lyanna's letter

- The cut to the dwarf head (pun unintended)

- Sam being a badass

- Lollys being an actual character with like a personality instead of a borderline offensive prop

- Kevan being Kevan

- Jaqen making a well-deserved comeback

Oh i made one of these so i guess the mods can scrap mine.

Ok.

This. Just this.

The guy who plays Jaqen is back and i lurves hims. He gives me the dokis. What a hunkcicle. Im glad they put him as the Kindly Man's face. :V

Maester Aemon pulls for Jon.

Gilly/Shireen friendship is awww and yiss. Out of fuggin' nowhere but still nice.

Lollys. lolololol

I didnt like the Tyrion scene but i loved that wagon they were in. Its posh as fuck.

Kevan Kevan Kevan Kevan hoo hoo hoo!

Barristan telling Dany whats up with Mad King Aerys and how he handled shit. Dany's reactions this week were FINALLY on point. Like, i finally saw Daenerys Targaryen for the first time in hella seasons.

Jon being Jon. <333

Arya's severing of pigeon head because of the obvious callback.

-Shireen teaching Gilly how to read. Unexpected but delightful.

-Kevan as the Small Council.

-The Lyanna Mormont letter, with the added bonus of Jon laughing about it.

-Barristan talking about the Mad King.

-Daario stabbing that guy through the wall.

-Lollys! Added bonus by correcting the mistake that Stokeworth is currently ruled by a Lord and not a Lady.

-Ser Alliser. Sam admits that Ser Alliser fought bravely against the Wildlings and Alliser admits that he can't argue with what Sam said about Jon. His bringing up Jon's connection with the Wildlings was a valid concern to raise. I like that they are making Ser Alliser a more layered character.

I think what really stood out for me:

=> LYANNA MORMONT'S FUCKING LETTER!!! :bowdown: :commie: I loved to get this so much!

=> Even better that the letter really looked like written by a 10 years old Mormont girl.

- Really eveything at the Wall:

-> Shireen/Gilly/Sam was so adorable and cute, I loved this interactions and their talk about greyscale, and Shireen as teacher (nice detail with mentioning Cressen!).

-> Selyse's meta-reference to us book-readers

-> The Jon/Stannis interactions really are the highlights for me so far (it was so in end-ASOS/ADWD and so it is in S5), Stannis making the offer gave me sooo gooosebumps!!!

-> Sam and his BAMF speech

- Besides the Wall, I'm (surprisingly to me) really enjoying Meereen this year:

-> The dragons look cool

-> Barry gives history lessons (YAY!)

-> Show!Daario is just 10000x better than book!Daario (I actually quite like him on the show)

-> the execution scene was really good and well-done, IMO

Other stuff I loved:

-> I don't care what people think, I for one can't get enough of the Jaime/Bronn bromance, and also enjoyed Bronn/Lollys very much

-> Qyburn being Qyburn, Qyburn qyburning around

-> Kevan taking 0 shit from Cersei, yeah!

For the negatives--what the F was that nonsense with the slaves hissing at Dany? Still shaking my head at the cheesiness of that.

Every heard of the phrase "boo, hiss"?

I found that line very interesting (and have been mulling it over since) but what did you take from it?

Well, I found this scene/line sounded like "Be prepared guys, you may have read all the books, but people still might act totally different ~on the show~ than one might think, and despite your book you don't know what characters will do ~on the show~" :D

I was afraid for a minute that they would down play kevan. I'm glad they didn't.

Hopefully not off topic but has anyone's else found with this season so far it's been far more easier(for me at least)to keep from comparing the books to the show. I mean the show has its faults but at this point there's no need in getting all hostile over changes.

Another positive nitpicking: I think the SB storyline in the show is better than the one in the books.

Agreed, although I'm not sure that's such a high bar to clear :cool4: .

I really liked the final scene with Drogon looking Dany over and then going "hell no..you aren't ready."

I really liked the final scene with Drogon looking Dany over and then going "hell no..you aren't ready."

Haha I thought the same exact thing! I don't know if they were trying to project any message from a digitally animated dragon but I distinctly got the impression he was sniffing her out and deciding she still had some 'growing' to do before he'd allow her to ride him. Funny how they used to be so small and now they are fearsome!

Haha I thought the same exact thing! I don't know if they were trying to project any message from a digitally animated dragon but I distinctly got the impression he was sniffing her out and deciding she still had some 'growing' to do before he'd allow her to ride him. Funny how they used to be so small and now they are fearsome!

Drogon=Quaithe :D

Interesting.....I saw the Dany/Drogon scene more as he somehow sensed she needed to see him. When he started crawling down towards her it looked really endearing to me. He almost seemed to be purring. The way he flew away right before she touched him might make more sense with him feeling her out though.

Archived