The Two Lannisters Necklace - What if...

Ros's necklace is very different in style.

This idea makes very little sense to me, and as I've said elsewhere, it feels like "Talisa-is-a-spy" all over again.

I agree that all of those theories are crackpot but the necklaces are not that different (I know my jewelry, ok? K). It definitely looks like they were made by the same person. Ros' necklace just looks like a cheap version of the others.

But yeah, HBO people should already know we've very obsessive fans who are going to tear apart every detail.

Didn't she flee KL with only what she was wearing? Unless LF managed to get into her bedroom to steal it.

I couldn't say off hand exactly what Sansa had on or on her person when she rowed out with Dontos. I just think that would be a very LF to do with very LF flavored motives.

I couldn't say off hand exactly what Sansa had on or on her person when she rowed out with Dontos. I just think that would be a very LF to do with very LF flavored motives.

THere is no way she returned to her bedroom for clothes and others things. She's not Barristan Selmy.

In book, she was told beforehand that they would need to flee, so she had things prepared and let them outside. In show, we've seen it was all sudden for her and she just followed Dontos that day. He could have gotten some things for her but this would require someone to enter Sansa's bedroom and look for that specific necklace.

THere is no way she returned to her bedroom for clothes and others things. She's not Barristan Selmy.

In book, she was told beforehand that they would need to flee, so she had things prepared and let them outside. In show, we've seen it was all sudden for her and she just followed Dontos that day. He could have gotten some things for her but this would require someone to enter Sansa's bedroom and look for that specific necklace.

It's not inconceivable that someone (likely Dontos) had previously stashed some of Sansa's more valuable possessions, not necessarily specifically looking for the necklace. Then LF came up with this idea later on.

It's also not inconceivable in my little LF scenario that the show just f'd up and forgot Sansa fled with nothing, and then all of a sudden has all her possessions now.

The only explanation that really makes sense to me is that Cersei exaggerated the number of necklaces. If Cersei says "Well, there are actually four of these necklaces, but it seems pretty obvious that this one is Myrcella's and that this has been sent from Dorne", that doesn't get nearly the same sense of emergency across to Jaime. So Cersei simply claimed there were two in order to further get her point across and manipulate Jaime.

That's as simple as an explanation as any and stumbles around the plot hole.

That's a different necklace. That one was given to Sansa by Dontos. I think the one the OP is talking about is the one Joff gave to Sansa in Season 1.

He/she is saying that Cersei somehow got the necklace from Sansa and is using the necklace to try to bait Jaime into going to Dorne and bringing Myrcella back.

Thanks. :) I don't remember necklaces outside of the one Sansa wore to the PW, and the ones Lady Olenna tossed into the bushes. :/

If they decide to follow even a little bit the books, there should be a breaking point in the relationship between Jaime and Cersei, maybe Cersei played him with this threat and necklace thing... and he learns about that in Dorne... but at this point the show runners could already have writed a Jaime and Cersei agaisnt the world kind of script... I just hope to get something half-decent...

I thought it was just a plot hole, or Cersei trying to be overly dramatic, but her setting it up to trick Jaime is an interesting theory. I feel like if that were the case we probably would have seen her setting it up though, or been given more of a hint than just that one sentence, but who knows?

Archived