[Book Spoilers] What now for Brienne?

She could still be captured by the Brotherhood without Banners...

She could and either Theon could do a lone Winterfell rescue, or there could be none.

It's interesting, it doesn't matter if you've read the books, it seems the only plots that can really be predicted at this stage are Jon, Dany, Arya and Cersie (possibly Bran, coz nothing is changing for him in a cave).

I actually thought how they could have written that scene much better by, Brienne getting up to go talk to Sansa but Pod reminds her to sit her ass back down and tells her if Arya didn't trust them why should Sansa, and that the better option would be to follow Littlefinger to see where he was taking Sansa to make sure she was safe, and also the even more important thing is Sansa is probably traveling undercover as she is wanted for murder of Joffrey so they can't go up to her and break her cover in a public place they would put Sansa life in danger if others hear them and the word gets back to the Cersei on her location. Brienne would ask Pod where did you learn to scheme like this, Pod would proudly state he was in the service of Lord Tyrion so he learned a few things about being covert to get what you want. It would have been much cooler storyline to see Brienne and Pod play a little game of their own, show us that they are not only brave and noble but also smart and show the audience that they learned from their past encounter with Arya. We are watching the game of thrones, five seasons all the characters should be playing the game to some extent, Brienne so far has shown that she has no brains whatsoever, after the journey with Jamie did she not learn anything. Brienne is just as frustrating as Dany is in the show if you can't bend you will break.

I actually thought how they could have written that scene much better by, Brienne getting up to go talk to Sansa but Pod reminds her to sit her ass back down and tells her if Arya didn't trust them why should Sansa, and that the better option would be to follow Littlefinger to see where he was taking Sansa to make sure she was safe, and also the even more important thing is Sansa is probably traveling undercover as she is wanted for murder of Joffrey so they can't go up to her and break her cover in a public place they would put Sansa life in danger if others hear them and the word gets back to the Cersei on her location. Brienne would ask Pod where did you learn to scheme like this, Pod would proudly state he was in the service of Lord Tyrion so he learned a few things about being covert to get what you want. It would have been much cooler storyline to see Brienne and Pod play a little game of their own, show us that they are not only brave and noble but also smart and show the audience that they learned from their past encounter with Arya. We are watching the game of thrones, five seasons all the characters should be playing the game to some extent, Brienne so far has shown that she has no brains whatsoever, after the journey with Jamie did she not learn anything. Brienne is just as frustrating as Dany is in the show if you can't bend you will break.

I definitely agree with this actually. Would have been a lot better than Brienne just telling everyone in the inn that sansa stark was there and then proceeding to kill half of LF and sansa's bodyguards

She'll help Sansa. Then, she'll be forced to acknowledge that she can't kill Stannis, because Stannis is the one person with an army around who's not a Bolton. This'll break her. She'll decide that, as an oathbreaker, she has nothing, not even honour (hi Zuko!), so she'll decide to go home. In season 6, she'll meet Jaime, currently in his own period of 'fuck everything'. They'll decide they may as well do that together. Cue a Beren and Luthien kind of thing where they retreat to some island for a time before Season 7 recalls them to their duty again.

Also, she'll have Jaime's kid who will totally be the next Lannister in charge of the Rock.

/fanfic

On the show they often bringt up Stannis in the Brienne scenes. She often talks about revenge on him for killing Renly, far more often than in the books. I guess that will be where she ends, in a confrontation with Stannis - and maybe (but i hope not) killing him.

That would fit also for the books, remember how Renly's peach is haunting Stannis?

They better not let the rightful king die this death...

That does seem to be where things are leading but I have to say, Martin has not done a particularly good job of setting it up in the books. Granted, they have accelerated Brienne's story on the show by skipping the Catelyn portions, so Martin has plenty of time to work revenge for Renly back into the narrative.

She'll help Sansa. Then, she'll be forced to acknowledge that she can't kill Stannis, because Stannis is the one person with an army around who's not a Bolton. This'll break her. She'll decide that, as an oathbreaker, she has nothing, not even honour (hi Zuko!), so she'll decide to go home. In season 6, she'll meet Jaime, currently in his own period of 'fuck everything'. They'll decide they may as well do that together. Cue a Beren and Luthien kind of thing where they retreat to some island for a time before Season 7 recalls them to their duty again.

Also, she'll have Jaime's kid who will totally be the next Lannister in charge of the Rock.

/fanfic

:bowdown:

The only thing is ShowBrienne has completely forgotten about Jaime. :bang:

Maybe Pod will be the one, who goes to Winterfell and lets Brienne in at night, so that she might go unnoticed. That way, Pod could be Abel (I'm pretty sure, he can sing a little - the actor can at least. I think most noble had a little education in music and other belle arts), while Brienne stays hidden and be the one, killing Boltons Bannermen, like the spearwomen did in the book. I'd almost called her the 'Ghost of Winterfell', but if I remember correctly, that was one of the many names, Theon gave himself?

Sansa, of course, would recognise Pod, but I don't think, that she would hand him over to the Boltons - she may hate the Lannisters, but I guess, at this point, she hates the Boltons more for betraying her brother and mother.

This would work out nicely. I like it!

Brienne will hear Sansa wailing in terror and will break down the door to confront super scary shirtless (and this time pantless) Ramsey. After a minute or two of carefully orchestrated sword play, she will be disarmed and at his mercy. Right as he is about to administer the coup d'grace, he is hit in the head with a lemon by Sansa. As he turns to kill her, a sword will come through the back of his head and out his mouth......wait....where have I seen this before?

my guess: Brienne/Pod will go to Winterfell and be rejected/killed by Dark Sansa, who is now tutored by LF into playing the long con against the Boltons/Lannisters. :bawl:

If they die it won't be by Sansa, also her rejection was a wise one and also a warning to Brienne that she needs to get out of the inn.

Knowing what we know of the actor/s resumes I think we will get the Abel and spear wife and possible GNC rolled into one.

Where Sansa ends up will be a question.

I'm guessing she'll be Mance with stammering Pod as her waherwomen, but I'm not clear on how she is going to get inside Winterfell to rescue Sansa as Jeyne as Arya without "Abel"'s musical talents or why LF would sell her to Ramsey.

Why would Sansa need to be rescued from Winterfell? It's not like she's Jeyne Poole marrying Ramsay. I can't imagine that's LF's plan. LF is going to keep Sansa close, not sell her out to the Boltons. The Boltons have an army. LF does not.

Why would Sansa need to be rescued from Winterfell? It's not like she's Jeyne Poole marrying Ramsay. I can't imagine that's LF's plan. LF is going to keep Sansa close, not sell her out to the Boltons. The Boltons have an army. LF does not.

For much the same reasons that Margaery needed to be "rescued" by Olenna from Joffrey. LF did start out by saying he didn't know much about Ramsay, after all. But once he finds out? :ack:

Archived