[BOOK SPOILERS] Are you digging mature Tommen?

I think older Tommen and Myrcella are potentially much more interesting characters. I'd love to see one or both of them engage their parents in a real conversation about the choices their parents have been making. I'd love to see one or both of them get angry at their family, make a grab for real power, ect. One of my favorite things that the show did with Joffrey was show him trying to rule in his own right. Joffrey was engaging Tywin in power struggles. Joffrey was doing things behind Cersei's back. I'd love to see a Cersei / Tommen power struggle.

I think older Tommen and Myrcella are potentially much more interesting characters. I'd love to see one or both of them engage their parents in a real conversation about the choices their parents have been making. I'd love to see one or both of them get angry at their family, make a grab for real power, ect. One of my favorite things that the show did with Joffrey was show him trying to rule in his own right. Joffrey was engaging Tywin in power struggles. Joffrey was doing things behind Cersei's back. I'd love to see a Cersei / Tommen power struggle.

Joff ruled in his own right in the books, that was the problem. That conversation w/Tywin came directly from the books.

An aged up Tommen means it makes sense that she would struggle with him, even, since he's close to Joff's age in the show, that she would have trouble overruling him, but I'm not sure we will get that as I tend to think the reason they aged up Tommen wasn't to make his character more interesting but so Dormer as his wife wouldnt' be quite so off putting.

Joff ruled in his own right in the books, that was the problem. That conversation w/Tywin came directly from the books.

An aged up Tommen means it makes sense that she would struggle with him, even, since he's close to Joff's age in the show, that she would have trouble overruling him, but I'm not sure we will get that as I tend to think the reason they aged up Tommen wasn't to make his character more interesting but so Dormer as his wife wouldnt' be quite so off putting.

Joffrey's freakout at the small council meeting came from the books, but I thought the Joffrey / Tywin showdown at the Iron Throne was invented material. BookJoffery was easier to distract than ShowJoffrey - Tyrion sidelined BookJoffrey pretty easily with new toys. And ShowJoffrey had his hands on levers of powers BookJoffrey didn't seem to command - ShowJoffrey was redecorating the throne room unilaterally, ordering the deaths of Robert's bastards and Tyrion, and ordering prostitute murder experiences from Littlefinger.

They aged all the kids up, so Tommen was part of that. And sure, the Margery thing is part of the calculation. But I'm looking forward to what they do with a more interesting Tommen.

This Tommen reminds me of Forrest Gump and Margeary as Jenny.

HAR!

Bittersweet end of the show, Tommen standing over all the graves, of everyone, telling little Tommen that people always wonder if life is destiny or chance and he thinks it's a little bit of both.

I've grown to like him, I preferred child Tommen in the books, but in the show where there aren't so many people for Cersei and Marge to interact with. So having an older Tommen makes sense.

As for people saying it's creepy to watch. The actor is 17. So above the age of consent in most western countries. Natalie hardly looks her age. It's a rare sort of relationship but not illegal. Keep perspective people.

Tommen the young hapless teen will make it even more tragic than the little kitten king in the books when he inevitably bites it. I'm kinda afraid he will commit suicide on the show after his brother-in-law, wife and mother get arrested and it turns out he can't do anything about it. :frown5:

I don't think he's done enough to have an opinion on. He's just kind of there. Plus his scene with Tywin which is kind of his big scene...other than getting a boner...he kind of seemed like an idiot. Somebody should invest in education in King's Landing.

Daphne all the characters have been aged up. Natalie was naked with Renly and not fully naked with Tommen. There's plenty of nudity (possibly more so) in the books. Why aren't D&D having half of Essos walking round with one breast out.

Sure the nuditys overdone but to call that the only reason that the characters are aged up is wrong.

As long as we get more of Ser Pounce, Tommen could be 50 for all I care.

Although, I do agree that little Tommen was better for Cersei's "They're trying to turn my baby against me" struggle, as well as the fact that baby Tommen's death will be more tragic.

Mature Tommen is able to further the plot more so I agree with the change.

Archived