What Are You Listening To - Vol. XIX "The Music of the Night"

King Tyrion I

Was listening to Tunisian prog metallers Myrath on my run this morning - can't get enough of this album lately. Myrath - Tales of the Sands

Now chilling to Alcest - Nous sommes l'émeraude

:thumbsup:

Chaos is a ladder

Great pick from the S3 soundtrack!

Andrew Lloyd Webber - Think of me

Bouncy house music circa 2003.

I work with dementia patients, one of whom becomes a giggling teenager again whenever music from the early 50s is played. It occurred to me that 60 years from now, my carers will be blasting out Milk Inc and Rachael McFarlen tunes to snap me out of a bleak mood or obsessive behaviour.

Anyone here familiar with Postmodern Jukebox? They cover modern tracks in retro styles. I'll admit, some of their stuff works for me and some of it doesn't but they're all interesting.

A few of my favourites:

Boulevard of Broken Dreams - retro soul style.

Sweater Weather - vintage French style.

GoT theme - smooth jazz style.

That's awesome. I'm listening to "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" right now.

Alphaville - Big In Japan

Belle and Sebastian - Beautiful

R.E.M. - It's The End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

Foo Fighters - Down In The Park

Coldplay - Amsterdam

Nice picks! :thumbsup: And even a band from my place. Like that. =oD

Arghon - Lost Angel

Anyone else listening to this Kamasi Washington? Dude come right out the gate with a massive three disc, uh... epic, modern jazz opus (titled "The Epic")

We've been consistently selling out of this at work, so I decided to check this shit out at work today. Less than two minutes in, I had two employees fighting over who got to buy the last copy. Gotta say, I'm digging the hell out of what I've heard so far.

Anyone else listening to this Kamasi Washington? Dude come right out the gate with a massive three disc, uh... epic, modern jazz opus (titled "The Epic")

We've been consistently selling out of this at work, so I decided to check this shit out at work today. Less than two minutes in, I had two employees fighting over who got to buy the last copy. Gotta say, I'm digging the hell out of what I've heard so far.

Wow, thanks for this. That was lovely. Just downloaded a copy now.

Archived