What Are You Listening To - Vol. XIX "The Music of the Night"

King Tyrion I

I just ordered The Man Who Sold The World, so if I get Space Oddity after that, David Bowie will be next. :D

The Man Who Sold The World is an amazing album. It's a lot harder than anything else Bowie's ever done, mostly because Mic Ronson (the most underrated guitarist of that era) did a lot of the writing and arranging. The Width of a Circle is one of my favorite Bowie songs. Most of the songs on Space Oddity get overlooked because of how absolutely huge the title track is, but the whole album is awesome. Memory of a Free Festival is probably my favorite track from it. David Bowie (which was also the original title of Space Oddity) is a fun, and very different, album for Bowie fans, but I'd suggest going with Diamond Dogs first if you don't already own it.

Oooooh, one of my fave Floyd songs as well. Why did I not know he covered this. :o

I think Pin ups tends to get overlooked as just an album of covers, but c'mon, who doesn't want to hear Bowie's interpretations of Pink Floyd, The Who, The Yardbirds, Them, and The Kinks?

I think Pin ups tends to get overlooked as just an album of covers, but c'mon, who doesn't want to hear Bowie's interpretations of Pink Floyd, The Who, The Yardbirds, Them, and The Kinks?

Feel a bit ashamed I never gave this album a go tbh lol. Will have a listen one of these days. I'm actually a big fan of covers.

Sol invictus from faith no more.

GoD damned awesome all the way. 18 years since their last album and they still sound crisp and cohesive.

The drumming is only overshadowed by patton's vocals.

Yup. Still.

must be listening to it 3 times a day right now.

There is an ode to my favorite egg preparation as a track.

Living Colour - "Broken Hearts"

Living Colour - "Glamour Boys"

Living Colour - "I Want To Know"

Living Colour - "Funny Vibe"

Living Colour - "Cult Of Personality"

Most people probably know "Cult of Personality" but Living Colour's whole first album is just a really good mix of rock, metal, and funk. Throw in some wicked 80's-style guitar soloing and you've got yourself a good time.

And also, just because...

Mr. Bungle - "Love Is A Fist"

Archived