Ran

Non-spoiler discussion of the show goes here, for those who've not read the books or those who have but are happy to not actually reference them at all in discussion, taking each episode as it comes. NOTE: Anyone seen discussing details of the episode from well ahead of the episode during air time will be considered to be in violation of our policy on spoilers and leaks.

This topic should open automatically when the show begins airing.

I was disgusted by the whole Margaery and Tommen scene, I mean i knew it was coming but i didn't think we would actually see it. I just thought that it'd be implied and i totally side with Cersei on the whole Margaery thing now.

The extent this show goes to show flesh is over the top at times. This was not a much nudity but creepy to an extent. Also, complications with future accusations?

I was disgusted by the whole Margaery and Tommen scene, I mean i knew it was coming but i didn't think we would actually see it. I just thought that it'd be implied and i totally side with Cersei on the whole Margaery thing now.

That scene was so tame that I wondered why people were even worried about it in the first place

I give natalie dormer and Dean-Charles Chapman a lot of credit for making a scene could have been very controversial

into a awkward and humorous conversion about Tommen and how he feels about being king

It was also good that Tommen was portrayed as a gentleman throughout the entire scene

I also give D&D credit for making it as clear as day that Margaery tyrell is manipulating this boy just to get his mom out of the way

Edited by Rex999

That scene was so tame that I wondered why people were even worried about it in the first place

I give natalie dormer and Dean-Charles Chapman a lot of credit for making a scene could have been very controversial

into a awkward and humorous conversion about Tommen

It was also good that Tommen was portrayed as a gentleman throughout the entire scene

I also give D&D credit for making it as clear as day that Margaery tyrell is manipulating this boy just to get his mom out of the way

Oh, poor, poor Tommen...

Given that this episode had a beheading, slavery, women being sold into prostitution, the public beating of a naked old man, assisted suicide, a young girl being pushed into another marriage that she doesn't want and this time its with the family that killed hers. Not to mention that we were also treated to scenes of flayed bodies and charming stories of most of a family being tortured to death.

But the big issue is the consensual sex between a man and wife? Granted by todays laws it would be illegal in some parts of the world, but those laws are relatively new to our own society and certainly not against the law in GOT.

The scene itself was fairly tame. They were in bed, the overly excited young man with a very attractive woman. But the entire scene had nothing to do with sex. It was all about how Margaery has Tommen wrapped up, just like her grandmother instructed her to do. At this moment the Tyrell's are succeeding in pushing the Lannisters out.

It has been made clear before that Cersei gets things done through fear of her name, while Margaery uses charm and mental seduction. Both are powerful, driven, women. But one has the love of the people, the other is hated by most.

Edited by kefln