[Book Spoilers] EP503 Discussion

Ran

It'll be interesting to see if Sansa is treated as Jeyne Poole was, which would be controversial. Sansa's been abused pretty regularly up to this point, and the sexual abuse dispensed by Ramsay would just be overkill. In the books, Sansa is being led on a path where she's becoming more savvy and capable. It'll be interesting to see if, considering that, Sansa will be able to manipulate Ramsay. I'm thinking it'll be cat and mouse on both ends -- you can't not have Ramsay be a sadistic psycho, but Sansa can't end up making all the same choices she did with Joffrey...we've seen that before.

Even though Marge does marry Tommen in the books, I was not expecting to see them go full-on Mary Kay Letourneau...whoa. Sort of scandalous to portray it.

Edited by Bastard of Boston

Didn't you see the set up on the previously shown part? Since when have they been showing that scene if not to set up Brienne?

And the fact they mentioned it in the episode before as well. And Brienne is going to the same place Stannis is heading... what a -lovely- coincidence.

It'll be interesting to see if Sansa is treated as Jeyne Poole was, which would be controversial. Sansa's been abused pretty regularly up to this point, and the sexual abuse dispensed by Ramsay would just be overkill. In the books, Sansa is being led on a path where she's becoming more savvy and capable. It'll be interesting to see if, considering that, Sansa will be able to manipulate Ramsay. I'm thinking it'll be cat and mouse on both ends -- you can't not have Ramsay be a sadistic psycho, but Sansa can't end up making all the same choices she did with Joffrey...we've seen that before.

Even though Marge does marry Tommen in the books, I was not expecting to see them go full-on Mary Kay Letourneau...whoa. Sort of scandalous to portray it.

Just the way Sansa's expressions were, I think if she stays it will be a battle of wits, and Myranda is just as PO as Sansa.

I think LF knows exactly who Ramsey is, he was just playing coy. I absolutely loved "The North Remembers", maybe LF is in on the GNC as well? I was so happy to see the Nod from Stannis, one of my favorite parts of that scene in the book. Tyrion is off with Jorah now, freeing up Varys to return to KL, hopefully. This is probably my favorite episode this season. I liked keeping to Pod's backstory, and Brienne admits she knew Renly was gay, something they should have done in the books. Next week we get to see the Sandsnakes, I am looking forward to it!

I think LF knows exactly who Ramsey is, he was just playing coy. I absolutely loved "The North Remembers", maybe LF is in on the GNC as well?

And once again, GNC doesn't exist without key ingredient - Robb's will.

A real difference in the Sansa arc this time is that she chose to go through with the Ramsay thing to get vengeance. I expect her to be more formidable than a pushover.

Did you see the way Ramsay's "girl friend" glared at Sansa....we'll see how that plays out.

I actually care about the Winterfell plot now. I care about the real Sansa Stark much, MUCH more than I ever cared about Jeyne Poole.

And Slynt's execution was well done and awesome. I don't care about the phrasing and never have - they kept the tone just right and even used a rendition of "I Paid the Iron Price" just like with Theon executing Cassel and Robb executing Karstark.

Jorah sighting, finally...and boy, is he looking rough XD

ANd once again, other storylines have been altered in the show, the can still do the GNC without it. I don' think "The North Remembers" was a throwaway line

But for the show I don't think it's needed, it's obvious that someone leaked the word out ( probably b4 the inn ) that Sansa Stark was going to WF.

But did the show runners forget LF and Sansa in season 3? the meeting at the wharf where he told her Arya was alive.

Edited by Grail King

The whole Winterfell story line is stupid. There is no way Sansa should have agreed to this based on her character. I HATE everything about this change.

I am ok with the aging up Tommen and him and Marge consummating the wedding. It answers and closes out one of the story lines, One I never thought was all that important anyway.

Like the condensing of Tyrion's travel and his meeting up with Mormont

Liked the Wall, and Jon's beheading of Stanos (but not his whining about being afraid, but whatever)

Arya was ok. Was very glad she hid her sword :)