[Book Spoilers] EP503 Discussion

Ran

But for the show I don't think it's needed, it's obvious that someone leaked the word out ( probably b4 the inn ) that Sansa Stark was going to WF.

But did the show runners forget LF and Sansa in season 3? the meeting at the warf where he told her Arya was alive.

And can you make GNC without a single Northern role playing any role?

Love how the Unsullied are calling bullshit on that cliffhanger, as they should. It's obvious Jorah means Dany (and it doesn't make sense, but of course, he's in wuuuv, so whatever)

The Long Bridge was nice, but I miss the Red Temple. I think they needed to show the huge scope of R'hllor's religion and how Dany has the support of the masses. One red priestess won't cut it, even if she's the actress from "The Wolverine"

The whole Winterfell story line is stupid. There is no way Sansa should have agreed to this based on her character. I HATE everything about this change.

I am ok with the aging up Tommen and him and Marge consummating the wedding. It answers and closes out one of the story lines, One I never thought was all that important anyway.

Like the condensing of Tyrion's travel and his meeting up with Mormont

Liked the Wall, and Jon's beheading of Stanos (but not his whining about being afraid, but whatever)

Arya was ok. Was very glad she hid her sword :)

Maybe Sansa would get rescued, and the Rooses would keep it a secret and substitute in a fArya/Sansa to get back to the book's story line.

So what personal benefit does Littlefinger derive from marrying Sansa to a Bolton? Not nitpicking but curious as to how this factors into his end game even if it's the show end game.

Something I've been considering about LF lately: What if (post Catlyn Stark's death) Littlefinger is sincere about helping Sansa? It's true that LF didn't care for the Ned or Robb Stark at all, but he loved Catlyn. The Sansa POV chapters are considerably different on this assumption.

Just a thought.

If LF really doesn't know who Ramsey is, then they are ruining his character, I am holding out that he may be organizing other Northern Lords behind the scenes, but I am very interested in the Winterfell storyline because I care more about Sansa then I ever did about Jeyne Poole.

Please Lord above. Have Wyman Manderly enter the great halls before the wedding. Have him take Sansa to the crypts and deliver a revised North Remembers speech.

"Foes and false friends surround me at every corner. They infest my city like roaches. Here, I know who my enemies are, and I am guest to his son's wedding. My son Wendel went to the twins a guest. He ate Lord Walder's bread and salt, and hung his sword upon the wall to feast with his friends. And they murdered him. Murdered I say, and may the Freys choke upon their fables. I laugh and sing in the presence of Boltons and Freys, tis true. But never think that means I have forgotten. The North Remembers, dear Sansa. The North remembers and the mummer's farce is almost done...A Stark has returned to Winterfell, My Queen is home." - Read in the voice of Ian McNiece or Brian Blessed.

Because no one has been cast for Northern plot this season. :) Duh...

Really?

We got the rest of the year, and it sure looks like the North is coming when the older woman said Lady Stark the North remembers, lets see where it goes.

Something I've been considering about LF lately: What if (post Catlyn Stark's death) Littlefinger is sincere about helping Sansa? It's true that LF didn't care for the Ned or Robb Stark at all, but he loved Catlyn. The Sansa POV chapters are considerably different on this assumption.

Just a thought.

LF is playing Rooses and the Lannisters. He'll get rid of Rooses and have the North all to himself with backing of Sansa's Stark name. Who knows what the other 2 Starks and Jon Snow would do.

Great episode. Loved the little nod to the Nod we got from Stannis. I thought Tommen and Marg was well-handled. A+ creepiness from Qyburn. Stannis and Brienne are totally going to meet this season--I highly doubt it will end in death for either of them. Brienne I think is being set up to have to pick which of her oaths she'll hold to: revenge on Stannis or saving Sansa.

I think this whole Sansa + Ramsay fiasco is a plot. Hopefully, Sansa will be able to gain the loyalty of her fellow northerners and overthrow the Boltons. However, she could also be the substitute for Jeyne Poole; that would be bad writing.

I mean, LF cannot possible be that stupid. Everyone knows about Ramsay and his ilk. There's no way Petyr Baelish doesn't, I hope. Two possibilities, maybe three or four or five or six. With my narrow minded thinking, I see only two.

LF is playing Rooses and the Lannisters. He'll get rid of Rooses and have the North all to himself with backing of Sansa's Stark name. Who knows what the other 2 Starks and Jon Snow would do.

This. LF even says "The last time the Vale and the North teamed up, they brought down a dynasty". Clearly, he has LARGE ambitions.

Either way, he gets them through Sansa marrying Ramsay and the Boltons staying in power, or Stannis coming and destroying the Boltons leaving Sansa in power.

I believe LF cares about Sansa as much as he could care about anyone, but he is not a martyr. By giving Sansa the North he has someone in place who could actually hold it, but I don't see LF as caring about ruling the North. The North as always been perceived as a vast region that should be maintained and held so that the rest of the realm functions without its interference. LF installing a stable and controllable warden in the North doesn't mean anything if he doesn't have other ambitions that involve King's Landing.