[Book Spoilers] EP503 Discussion

Ran

What is GNC? Also I think Brienne might be "The Ghost In Winterfell"

Great northern conspiracy. To my knowledge, the lords of the North (Manderly, Umber, Mormont, etc.) are plotting to overthrow the Boltons and replace then with Rickon or (long shot) Jon.

But the question to ask is, wouldn't Theon fulfill his book role?

A few thoughts:

- I loved the Pod and Brienne part. It felt like they were back to their book characters, more or less. I loved the acting when Brienne talked about the ball. I was hoping for the Red Ronnet story but what we got felt satisfying to me.

- I also loved Theon's reactions to Sansa and to Winterfell in general. 'The North Remembers' was a nice line but like someone already said, seems silly for Roose Bolton to have an old Winterfell resident personally attend Sansa. Roose would put in a spy.

- I didn't like how the tone of things was still 'poor Cersei'. Cersei is scheming and trying to play Tommen every bit as hard as Margaery is. She is not a victim, she is an antagonist, and not a very smart one. She's not a lioness protecting her cubs, that's just a lie she tells herself in the books.

- I also loved Theon's reactions to Sansa and to Winterfell in general. 'The North Remembers' was a nice line but like someone already said, seems silly for Roose Bolton to have an old Winterfell resident personally attend Sansa. Roose would put in a spy.

That's Stella McCusker as "old woman." I had asked earlier if it was possible she was a modified Lady Dustin but that line and the cunning of Roose like you mentioned hopefully means we'll see more of her and find out soon.

Edited by MVC

I believe LF cares about Sansa as much as he could care about anyone, but he is not a martyr. By giving Sansa the North he has someone in place who could actually hold it, but I don't see LF as caring about ruling the North. The North as always been perceived as a vast region that should be maintained and held so that the rest of the realm functions without its interference. LF installing a stable and controllable warden in the North doesn't mean anything if he doesn't have other ambitions that involve King's Landing.

Oh I think LF does. Remember in season 1 (I think) LF was staring at the throne? Oh I think that he's one of those who came from nothing and would do anything to get to the top.

Has the oriental red priestess been discussed yet? I assume that her gaze towards Tyrion was emblematic of something but I'm trying to wrap my head around exactly what it was emblematic of.

I guess that it adds a bit of fuel to the fire that is A + J = T, or maybe the stare was just foreboding some important role that Tyrion will play in Dany's conquest. I have no concrete interpretation yet but it was definitely the standout moment of the episode for me.

Hey all I'm back! I'm here to tell you why this weeks episode was terrible.

-So D&D have officially decided Jaqern's far more intriguing and interesting Oldtown story scheme was "too confusing" (much like LSH) and thus cut. Instead we get this banal training arc mentor crap. Grand Maester conspiracy? Faceless men and Valyria? The truth about the Hightowers? Salleras? WHO CARES, LEL MAISIE WILLIAMS SAID CUNT XD!

-Adult Tommen is annoying and shit. Why the hell did D&D up-age him again? It doesn't even make any sense. Like 2 seasons ago he was a little kid sitting in Cersei's lap. I get D&D dumb shit down and expect the audience to just accept it, but do they really expect us to forget this?

-More useless sex shit. Nobody cares D&D. You're not edgy. You're just wasting time. I mean you cut all these characters and plots yet somehow find the time to shove in the same rehashed sex scenes every damn episode. OMG BEWBS. Fuck off with your crap.

-D&D have of course dumbed down the Margy-Cersei cold war into the most ridiculous petty schoolyard girl antics.

-Inserting Sansa into the Winterfell arc? FUCK YOU D&D YOU SHITS FOR BRAINS. This is the biggest fuckup yet. It makes no goddamn sense and just destroys the best storyline from D&D. Nevermind it makes LF the stupidest guy in Westeros. I bet they're gonna add some sansa "strong independent wmyz dark sansa outsmarts roose bolton" bullshit. And I also like how in the books LF is ultra-careful to avoid anybody knowing sansa is still alive. Yet in the show he parades her around all day and casually eats with her at taverns and everybody seems to just be aware of who she is

-"The North Remembers". OOOOO AAAAA SO BADASS THOUGHT D&D. This will surely satisfy the fans, right?! Wrong. Do they think randomly shoehorning in this quote while removing the character who most famously says it and the situation it's most famously said in will compensate for that? No. Fuck off D&D.

-AND HOW DOES SANSA EVEN KNOW ROOSE KILLED ROBB. HOW DOES EVERYBODY IN THE FUCKING WORLD KNOW THIS. D&D proving once again they think Westeros is the size of Disneyland.

-Speaking of how this Sansa Winterfell crap makes no sense. It makes absolutely no sense sansa would agree to marry ramsay. she just changes her mind and decides for no reason despite being against it seconds before. Moreover why the hell is everybody 100% okay with Sansa being alive? Why would Bolton or LF (both Lannister allies) both openly fuck around with Sansa like this when she's wanted for the death of Joffrey? And don't try to rationalize this huge goddamn plothole with D&D's weak excuse of a justification, that was total bullshit and answered NOTHING. Baelish would never openly confront the Lannisters like this (he's actually SUBTLE in the books) and Bolton still has and needs Frey/Lannister support despite the death of Tywin. Margy doesn't "Adore" Sansa either. Bullshit weak excuse for bullshit weak plot/10.

-Why was Moat Caillin even in this weeks episode? Do D&D think it's the only place in the North? besides Winterfell?

-D&D suggesting Brienne > Hound again. Oh fuck off.

-Then after trying to elevate Brienne, they do this self-hating "i'm so ugly" emo bullshit. Book Brienne would never get this shallow and banal. D&D seem desperate to prop up women characters but like any true SJW they ultimately have them lose any kind of complexity.

-THIS FUCKING KID IN THE NIGHT'S WATCH WON'T GO AWAY. GO AWAY AND DIE.

-Thorne is Eastwatch Commander? Does Cotter Pyke just not exist anymore even though he is mentioned in past seasons? Do D&D just constantly pretend the audience is stupid enough to forget people every goddamn episode?

-Turning Waif into some kind of school bully with this beating shit. House of Black and White isn't a fucking boarding school you pieces of shit.

-Thorne was never a ranger but now he's a gr8 ranger!!!!!

-No fetch me a block of course. Cuz D&D just gotta take away every iconic quote just to fuck with us.

-Fucked up the general execution scene. They make Jon seem far too smug and happy about the whole thing. They take away all of his conflict and reasoning over it, they take away the fact he gives Janos a night to think over his insubordination, they take away him changing his method of execution (thus making everyone thinking he backed down, which added great tension to the scene). They have Janos go on some sort of "I was always afraid" diatribe as if D&D think they're geniuses for trying to flesh out the character. Stannis nod can't save it.

-Oh wow more sex scenes D&D. Soooo edgy.

-Oh look it's ISIS, or should we say the show Sparrows because D&D are inserting their fedora atheist shit into a medieval setting. in the books the sparrows are against this high septon because he was appointed by Tyrion, who is reviled by the common folks and seen as corrupt. Not because of this "sinner" bullcrap. Stfu with demonizing the faith and the sparrows, D&D. Not to mention I'm sure they're going to not even have him killed by Cersei over her Tyrion paranoia, because the show is so hell-bent on whitewashing cersei for some reason.

-High Sparrow smiling and joking and shit. No. He's above such petty pleasantries. He is faith and pious incarnate.

-Making Ramsay act like a nice cool guy around people. Fuck off D&D. He's already a renowned monster. First you give him that shitty girlfriend, now you do this. Stop destroying the character.

-"Who supports me now that Tywin is dead" asks show-Roose. Well D&D, how about the Lannisters and Freys? Why wouldn't they? Fucking stupid show.

-Volantis Tyrion is such a shit in this show. Snarky whiny bitch who plays with a door, loses all the insanity/near-evil attitudes and actions Tyrion has at this point in the books. No roughing up a prostitute (INSTEAD HE'S NICE TO HER) and no talking about raping and murdering Cersei. Instead more LEL FUNNY JOKES XD! Because we can't have any kind of complexity or negativity with fan favorite Peter Dinklage! Fuck you and fuck your character whitewashing, D&D. You even have him REFUSE A WHORE out of grief. You do not understand this character at all, clearly. I mean I guess I get why they cut Penny when D&D have made her completely unnecessary by making Tyrion so fucking one dimensional.

-Speaking of character assassination, fucking Varys man. They're wrecking him with this Tyrion bro roadtrip comedy bullcrap. He's THE SPIDER. He's sinister master planner tier. He has no friends in King's Landing. He's above this pleb bullcrap. Him and Illyrio have men for this kind of shit with Tyrion in the books because they're not retards in the books. We can expect Varys' best moment from ADWD to of course be removed, for this comedy bullshit. Not to mention they're making him out to be completely inept.

This weeks ep earns 10/10 in character assassination for Tyrion, Varys, Littlefinger, and Roose. Bravo D&D!

Weekly reminder that the show has been shit since season 2 and the books are better. I'll be back next week!

Why is GNC even a topic, it's a fan theory, granted the show seems to have become more and more fan fiction, but still, you can't expect every theory to be on the show.

You know what I found really intresting, these are some of the little things. Cersei sends a letter to LF via the Vale, and bam it's there and this is right after Roose mentions KL is a 1000 miles away.

The Neck and Moat Cailin, it appears from Pod and Brie, that you can now ride around the neck, though it is miles out of the way. Literally defeats the netire purpose of the Neck and Moat Cailin, you can't ride around.

LF plan is avenge them, thats it, thats the explination Sansa got? Like here I am going to toss you into a pit of starving lions, avenge the last people the lions ate. I actually have to wonder how much D&D know about the future books because this clearly has nothing to do with Sansas story, like nothing, like the Boltons will probably be dead before she ever sees the north again.

Tyrion got White washed in the Brothel, the angry drunk dward suddenly became the sweet charming sad dwarf. Oh and the greatest spy master in the world did not recognize his own spy, and managed to loose Tyrion within 5 minutes and Tyrion was not trying to run away. No the great and cautious spy master was not paying attention to the person he is suppose to be keeping an eye on. Tyrion got taken in Dance because he was alone in the Brothel, but here he is with one of if not the most observant humans on the planet, who is not paying attention to anything.

WOW thats right up D&D's alley that joke.....ugh Tommen going 4 times? Come on.

That is a reference to Ceasere de Borgia, the Duke of Valentino who reputedly went six times on his wedding night and was awarded a badge or something for his gallantry by the mother in law.

Love that they referenced a far superior storyline by having Tyrion make a witty remark about Greyscale. But, seems like the slave thing might happen!

I didn't think the book made any sense on that one. It was confused. This is a lot better.

He learned it when he was young and wanted to learn dragon stuffs.

It's book canon.

Yep, and exactly the sort of thing a book learned Tyrion would know.

A real difference in the Sansa arc this time is that she chose to go through with the Ramsay thing to get vengeance. I expect her to be more formidable than a pushover.

Did you see the way Ramsay's "girl friend" glared at Sansa....we'll see how that plays out.

Oh I think she will go an a hunt with him...

I lost it at the High Septon brothel scene..kinky old man.

I thought it a pretty clever way to introduce the guy and show he is a hypocrite and show some naked flesh.

What's wrong with GNC being discussed if it hasn't been disproven yet? Is R+L=J off limits because it's just a fan theory?

I don't think it's wrong, but it's just a theory and they can still can get to the WF story without it, it's not 100% required.

I like how when Jon announced they needed a new latrine captain, Thorne was totally bracing himself like he thought Jon was going to make him do it.

I also find it believable about LF not knowing about Ramsay. In the books, the northmen didn't really know about him either until the scandal with Lady Hornwood and there was no Lady Hornwood in the show.

the problem with them aging up Tommen and sexing with Marg is that it removes the critical part of Cercei's and the High Sparrow's story-charging Marg with adultery. Gonna be a lot less easy to prove she is not a virgin now that she is not a virgin.