[Book Spoilers] EP503 Discussion

Ran

I don't think there will be a flux-equivalent. Nor do I think Jorah will take the Connington-role as a whole - but he may well get infected with Greyscale (as Connington was) and carry it to Westeros, much later. Greyscale has been build up to such an extent that it is going to play a role, and it's not going to replace the bloody flux (which Dany and Tyrion would not succumb too, anyway).

It really hasn't. It's only been discussed twice in 5 seasons, and those two times were in the last two episodes because it's building up to the Stonemen. there is absolutely nothing to indicate a massive spread. Nothing.

It's rather simple why they went with Olly get me my sword over Edd fetch me a block was to further make Olly part of the story,plain and simple.

Edd was involved anyway, who was among those who grabbed Slynt. Having Alliser first block him, then think better of it and step aside was a nice touch.

It really hasn't. It's only been discussed twice in 5 seasons, and those two times were in the last two episodes because it's building up to the Stonemen. there is absolutely nothing to indicate a massive spread. Nothing.

Sure, but you don't think the Stonemen - and Connington getting infected - are going to play a role in the books (where there is also Val's dramatic reaction to Shireen) beyond Connington dying from it at some point?

Anyway, I think Jorah will take over the part of Connington that relates to Greyscale. Whatever him being infected is going to do in the books, will (I think) be taken by Jorah in the show.

Why would Marg's life not be on the line this season, eventually?

It's Loras' life that is expected to be on the line. Having said that, we don't know yet if Margaery herself will also be threatened at some point.

Another scene I really liked in the episode (beside Jon's scenes) was Arya shedding her things. Needle was given its proper emotional weight. Pod and Brienne talking was nice as well, lifted quite directly from the books.

I noticed that while Tyrion is watching the Red Priestess, at the end of her street preaching, she makes a comment to the effect of Dany being the savior. This got me thinking about Dany as Azor Ahai and how that would fit the prophecy. Her dragons would be her "Lightbringer." The eggs being placed in Drogo's funeral pier fire would be the "tempering." Instead of plunging a sword through her lovers heart, she forges her dragons in her husband's funeral pier, walking into the fire and emerging from the smoke and ash with her newly hatched dragons. Thoughts?

Sorry in advance if this has been discussed or is in the wrong place.

Assuming that all Red Priestesses under Lord of Light work together, this means that the Reds are backing Daenerys, and Melisandre will eventually "betrays" Stannis.

Assuming that all Red Priestesses under Lord of Light work together, this means that the Reds are backing Daenerys, and Melisandre will eventually "betrays" Stannis.

In the books, Melisandre is genuinenly convinced that Stannis is the one. Thoros of Myr also has his own goals and beliefs, not necessarily compatible with other Red Priests or Priestesses.

I never got that impression (that they work together) in the books, but admittedly, the TV show gives that appearance with Mel visiting Thoros.

It's Loras' life that is expected to be on the line. Having said that, we don't know yet if Margaery herself will also be threatened at some point.

Another scene I really liked in the episode (beside Jon's scenes) was Arya shedding her things. Needle was given its proper emotional weight. Pod and Brienne talking was nice as well, lifted quite directly from the books.

Only going after Loras doesn't really do Cersie any good if it leaves Marg as Queen. I'm assuming we're going to get some Ann Bolyn type allegations with claims of incest between Marg and Loras. Which will be ironic when the incest claims backfire on Cersie.

Olyvier has been objectified a few times.

Yeah I know. But that still doesn't compare. Showing a naked man every once in a while (and not completely) doesn't change the fact that we see naked woman walking around in almost every episode now.

Edited by olenna123

"Yeah I know. But that still doesn't compare. Showing a naked man every once in a while (and not completely) doesn't change the fact that we see naked woman walking around in almost every episode now."

- Really? It's way better than season one's cringeworthy sexposition.

So, I just watched a clip where Jamie's actor (sorry, can't spell his name,) talked about the Duck spoiler. Some people think this confirms Aegon. What do you guys think. Has it been discussed in here?

Many believe that it's him trolling similar to how Lena was trolling about LSH. Especially since he said that it was specific to book readers just like LSH. Aegon seems very unlikely given the one who masterminds it in the books has declared himself for Dany on the show.

People seem to be taking Varys at his word with regards to anything he says to Tyrion this season, if he says he is for Dany he is for Dany and there will be no Aegon, that tripe about saving "our country" from Robert was honest etc. You really shouldn't be doing that, Tyrion is not the dying Kevan Lannister of the ADWD epilogue, there is no reason to believe he in the show is getting the full story.

As for this episode as a whole: https://promethiumwings.wordpress.com/2015/04/27/game-of-thrones-s5e3-review/

One thing I absolutely loved was the fact that Sweetrobin got dropped off with the ultimate badass Yohn Royce. So in my head cannon now, Stannis and Jon come south only to be beaten by the Boltons... then when all seems lost and on the eve of Ramsay's wedding to Sansa, Sweetrobin single handedly storms the castle... Kicking ass, taking names, and sucking on some titties... (cuz you know he can't completely change.)

Only going after Loras doesn't really do Cersie any good if it leaves Marg as Queen. I'm assuming we're going to get some Ann Bolyn type allegations with claims of incest between Marg and Loras. Which will be ironic when the incest claims backfire on Cersie.

I've been wondering about that as well. Why would they include the YMB part of the valonqar prophecy if Cersei only goes after Loras? She has to go after Margaery too to neutralize the threat prophesied. I like the incest allegation idea. Cersei considers that in the books too and it makes sense for show!Cersei to also allege that.

I've been wondering about that as well. Why would they include the YMB part of the valonqar prophecy if Cersei only goes after Loras? She has to go after Margaery too to neutralize the threat prophesied. I like the incest allegation idea. Cersei considers that in the books too and it makes sense for show!Cersei to also allege that.

It's a good idea. We'll see what the show does, in any case Cersei has to seriously undermine Margaery, one way or another.

Yeah I know. But that still doesn't compare. Showing a naked man every once in a while (and not completely) doesn't change the fact that we see naked woman walking around in almost every episode now.

It's the dynamic of the culture. Men rule WEsteros so women are objectified, but when we see women in power (Marg, Dani, Cersei), men are objectified.

It's even.