[Book Spoilers] EP503 Discussion

Ran

You're justifying his prior crazy decisions based on their end result. We don't know what end result Littlefinger is hoping to achieve just yet.

He wants people beholden to him in control of the north, the vale and the riverlands. that is well over half the continent. this same confederation has already proven itself powerful in a previous war that rhymes with shmoberts shmebellion.

on a side note, did you ever notice how when they show a guy's wiener, that character is always gay? they show a lot of boobs and vaginas and stuff, but every time they show a guy's wiener, he's in a love scene with another guy. do you think it's because gay wieners are less threatening to women viewers?

He wants people beholden to him in control of the north, the vale and the riverlands. that is well over half the continent. this same confederation has already proven itself powerful in a previous war that rhymes with shmoberts shmebellion.

on a side note, did you ever notice how when they show a guy's wiener, that character is always gay? they show a lot of boobs and vaginas and stuff, but every time they show a guy's wiener, he's in a love scene with another guy. do you think it's because gay wieners are less threatening to women viewers?

You forgot the first season with Alfie and Eseme.

You forgot the first season with Alfie and Eseme.

it's not ALL gay wiener, but when they do show a straight guy's wiener, it's all soft and floppy, even though he just got done humping a pretty girl! Why is that, you ask? Because a soft wiener isn't threatening; just like a gay wiener.

Edited by Grizzly Mormont

it's not ALL gay wiener, but when they do show a straight guy's wiener, it's all soft and floppy, even though he just got done humping a pretty girl! Why is that, you ask? Because a soft wiener isn't threatening; just like a gay wiener.

No, it's because HBO and others aren't rated as adult entertainment, they can't show erections. LOL

ETA: but if people need to see boners they can Google GOT parodies or spoofs, hustler did one and so did someone else.

Edited by Grail King

what imbalance? All we got was a bit of bush covering the area comparing that to showing full frontal pillar and stones is nonsense in my opinion.

Oh, you know, just the imbalance where we cooooooooooooooooooonstantly see the frontal bits women cover up with their swimsuits but almost never ever see the frontal bits men cover up with theirs.

And of course seeing a naked lady front on is comparable to seeing a naked dude front on. If this is a show meant for mature audiences then there's nothing especially taboo about the pillar and stones. If anything their defining feature is their comedic ugliness.

Edited by Davrum

I keep coming back to the thought, why would LF trust Sansa out of his control. He betrayed her father, she knows he betrayed her father, he knows she knows he betrayed her father. It is absurd that LF would trust her out of his eye

Probably because she proved in a huge way she has his back somewhat when she didn't turn him in to Royce. She had him in the palm of her hand and chose not to crush him. That was the defining moment of their relationship so far.

My thoughts were that the episodes are steadilly building and improving as we go. There is still a nagging doubt that things feel rushed and scenes which could be expanded are condensed to accomodate all the different plots and cast members, this just makes me realise that there is now way they could have done the Ironborn plot line this season and people criticising D&D just don't grasp the limited time for TV there is.

My thoughts were that the episodes are steadilly building and improving as we go. There is still a nagging doubt that things feel rushed and scenes which could be expanded are condensed to accomodate all the different plots and cast members, this just makes me realise that there is now way they could have done the Ironborn plot line this season and people criticising D&D just don't grasp the limited time for TV there is.

That's exactly it.

The show is being criticised on all sides. People are saying its too rushed, all the characters from the books aren't being included, aspects of the story are being dropped, but something has to give.

They have 400 minutes per season to tell a huge story. They have a dozen characters, in several locations, all involved in separate plots. And they have to resolve everything, the entire story, in the remaining 800 minutes. Something that GRRM has yet to achieve. And he is unlimited in the number of chapters he can write. But rather than finishing the story, he just keeps adding new characters/plots.

As different viewers have different favourites the show needs to split its time in a clever way to keep everyone happy. So if they take their top 8 characters allow for 2 extra storylines to run with them, then that is less than 40 minutes per character each season, divided over 10 shows. It’s a lot to cram in. Some story arcs are vast, covering lots of detail, others are fairly sparse. But both stories are important. Both are leading somewhere. So the show needs to trim down and stretch out so that it all works.

Its a huge undertaking and again GRRM hasn't managed to resolve it so why are D&D being criticised for doing a great job?

Maybe we're not behind with the storyline, we're so ahead that this Sansa thing is spoiling TWOW

I'm wondering that as well. I think it is, one way or another. I doubt Sansa will marry Ramsey in TWoW but I expect the points of this storyline to manifest in some way in the next book. Perhaps its that Sansa will avenge her family? Or that she'll be in the North doing something at a critical moment. Or perhaps how things will play out in the Vale. That said, I doubt she will remain in the Vale too much longer. All the action is in KL and the North and eventually will be all in the North based on the visions of HoTU we had on the show. She (and LF?) will probably move north at some point.

Probably because she proved in a huge way she has his back somewhat when she didn't turn him in to Royce. She had him in the palm of her hand and chose not to crush him. That was the defining moment of their relationship so far.

And to return the favour LF is marrying her off to Ramsay, because why not :dunno: