How would you rate episode 503?

Ran

How would you rate episode 503?  

455 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I gave it an 8. The best scenes were Jon laying down the law, Marge vs Cersei and Littlefinger/Sansa/Roose/Ramsay but I also liked that the Brienne/Pod relationship developed somewhat. The Tyrion and Varys stuff felt a little forced, but those two are always fun. The only scenes which felt a little dull were those with Arya.

Edited by Davrum

At first I thought with the alterations from the book regarding the Sansa at Winterfell thing, WTF, but I'm on the fence with it enough to think it might have some possibility of working in the series. It won't improve on the Jeyne and Theon arc previously existing, and LIttlefinger seems to be showing an uncharacteristic recklessness and naivety, but it will probably be an improvement on what Martin otherwise has planned for Sansa, since her arc in the novels has become quite dull.

With this episode, I feel the season is in the saddle now. I was a bit worried with the first couple of episodes that the series was maybe losing its way, but I think this episode is going to remind many people again of why they love the show. 8/10

Edited by Peter George Stewart

10/10

I love the books, and I also absolutely love the TV show. I think the show is getting more and more interesting with time.

All the changes from the books are fine with me, and I'm excited about the show completely overtaking the books. Then it will all be new to me.

The show don't take anything away from the books imo. They are still great and when the final books are released they will be the definitive Fire and Ice story.

I don't understand how anyone is ranking this above a 5. The books aside, the show is bad on its own. The characters make no sense, the writing is poor, and the plots are sluggish.

Well, considering that 80% of users have rated the episode with a 7-10 score, you are in the minority here, my friend. Maybe it's hard to understand that some people have different tastes than yours...

I don't understand how anyone is ranking this above a 5. The books aside, the show is bad on its own. The characters make no sense, the writing is poor, and the plots are sluggish.

In complete agreement, but I appreciate everybodys opinion...have you been to the rant and rave thread? If not, it'll be sublime

@ Anachosaurus......... if the show is so bad, why watch and come here to post? Also, if the show on it's own is so bad, why is it HBO's highest rated show ever? Most pirated show? I know people who only watch the show and they are just as passionate as a book reader is.

Everyone has a different opinion and view, the one thing I have never understood is why do something you don't like? I don't like to be kicked in the balls, so I don't ask people to kick me in the balls, but maybe that's just me.

Well, considering that 80% of users have rated the episode with a 7-10 score, you are in the minority here, my friend. Maybe it's hard to understand that some people have different tastes than yours...

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." -- George Carlin

@ Anachosaurus......... if the show is so bad, why watch and come here to post? Also, if the show on it's own is so bad, why is it HBO's highest rated show ever? Most pirated show? I know people who only watch the show and they are just as passionate as a book reader is.

Everyone has a different opinion and view, the one thing I have never understood is why do something you don't like? I don't like to be kicked in the balls, so I don't ask people to kick me in the balls, but maybe that's just me.

Agreed. Also, getting kicked in the balls and then coming to a forum to rate and discuss the experience of getting kicked in the balls.

Rating an episode low and then saying everything you think is wrong with an episode makes perfect sense and leads to healthy discussion. But saying the whole show is just bad, continuing to watch it, then coming to the HBO series section of the boards and calling out everyone who loves the show (surely 95% of people here). Baffling.

It isn't really baffling. Most people who say the show is "bad" or give it low ratings are book readers, they probably liked the first season or even the first couple of seasons, but are disappointed with the show NOW. However, they like the story, and have been watching for 5 years, so continue watching even if it is with much less pleasure/anticipation than before. Also bad is a relative term. GOT is worse now than it was earlier, but it's not like watching the Kardashians.

Sorry, I didn't understand your post. Show Ramsey was not being polite. He swore to take good care of Sansa in a very solemn way. That has nothing to do with Ramsey as a character. Also, LF not knowing anything about Ramsey is as probable as Einstein not knowing Relativity Theory. He is marrying Sansa to a person he knows little about?!?!! Seriously ?!?!?!

Yeah it is super weird that LF doesn't know anything about Ramsay. Makes no sense.

But my original point: Show Ramsay was acting. He was being polite and he was lying to LF so he would think he is a good match.

Also I never give episode lower than a 4. I think the lowest score possible is 4 and the biggest score is 10.

10 is great.

9 is good.

8 is average.

7 is bad.

6 is really bad

5 is total crap

4 is "WTF am I watching?"

I have only given one episode lower than an 8 and it was S4E5, The First of His Name, which I rated 7.

Even if you hate absolutely everything else, the production values alone are impressive enough that no episode of the show should be rated below '4'. Then there's the acting, which is usually good for another 2-3 points, meaning that only 3 out of 10 points should really be about the writing; which is the primary issue that some people here have with the show. So even if you despise everything D&D have written, I don't think its defensible to rate the show below a '6' unless you legitimately dislike the acting as well, and then maybe a 4 or 5 could be given.

Even if you hate absolutely everything else, the production values alone are impressive enough that no episode of the show should be rated below '4'. Then there's the acting, which is usually good for another 2-3 points, meaning that only 3 out of 10 points should really be about the writing; which is the primary issue that some people here have with the show. So even if you despise everything D&D have written, I don't think its defensible to rate the show below a '6' unless you legitimately dislike the acting as well, and then maybe a 4 or 5 could be given.

:agree: There´s a lot of things this show does great and those are, as you well said, the production values and the acting. Sadly, people choose to focus on how much the show is not like the books (there was no certain scene, character or dialogue). People have the right to say whatever they want about Game of Thrones as an adaptation, but as a show: GOT is a good show (and for a lot of people, it's a great show) And, when I vote I do it thinking of GOT as a tv show.

Edited by Just Maid

But by this logic, if the next episode had Dany, Tyrion, Stannis, Jon, Mel, Cersei, Jaime, Tommen, Marg, Brienne, Sansa, Pod and Arya all suddenly die from food poisoning, and the remainder of the episode was Pycelle naked in a brothel, you would still give it at least a 6.... :dunno: