How would you rate episode 503?

Ran

How would you rate episode 503?  

455 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

You think your opinion that the books are far superior to the show is based in some kind of logic or is somehow factual - it isn't, it is just your opinion. There is no quantifiable way to prove if the books or show are better and thinking there is is flawed.

Seems to be some kind of self control issues then, if you cant resist watching something you hate, or know is flawed. Martin sold the rights to the televised version of his world to HBO - it's not Martin's world now, it's HBOs. Martin created it, HBO owns it and can profit from it. Thinking it's still Martins world is your first logical mistake.

You're getting better and better with every post mate. As first, by your logic nothing should ever be compared right? Because there is no quantifiable way to prove that Shakespeare is better than Rowling right? LOL! Man if you think opinions can only be validated with something that is quantifiable then you are in much bigger problem than I thought. For your information if something is quantifiable proven then it is not opinion any more but fact. Opinion is something else entirely. You'll learn as you grow up I guess. As second, it really isn't about control LOL but as someone already said it is like watching trainwreck because it is in human nature to keep eyes on it. But don't worry D&D are doing great job in making me stop. As third you are delusional if you think HBO owns Martin's world. I can see why someone like you who obviously doesn't belong among ASOIAF readers could think like that but for us who are able to comprehend what we read it is clear that Martin's is still in charge of his world. HBO bought rights to make the show out of it and they made the show that happens to be ridiculous and that's it. As Martin himself said they can't mess with his books so I will always have books to read and cleanse my brain from the stupidity of the show. But don't worry I get what you are saying, that is what you D&D fanboys always say: it is not Martin's world any more, it is the show world and it should be looked as the separate entity. Well it is more and more true with every episode and that is why I won't stay with the show for long.

You're getting better and better with every post mate. As first, by your logic nothing should ever be compared right? Because there is no quantifiable way to prove that Shakespeare is better than Rowling right? LOL! Man if you think opinions can only be validated with something that is quantifiable then you are in much bigger problem than I thought. For your information if something is quantifiable proven then it is not opinion any more but fact. Opinion is something else entirely. You'll learn as you grow up I guess. As second, it really isn't about control LOL but as someone already said it is like watching trainwreck because it is in human nature to keep eyes on it. But don't worry D&D are doing great job in making me stop. As third you are delusional if you think HBO owns Martin's world. I can see why someone like you who obviously doesn't belong among ASOIAF readers could think like that but for us who are able to comprehend what we read it is clear that Martin's is still in charge of his world. HBO bought rights to make the show out of it and they made the show that happens to be ridiculous and that's it. As Martin himself said they can't mess with his books so I will always have books to read and cleanse my brain from the stupidity of the show. But don't worry I get what you are saying, that is what you D&D fanboys always say: it is not Martin's world any more, it is the show world and it should be looked as the separate entity. Well it is more and more true with every episode and that is why I won't stay with the show for long.

HBO likely own the rights to profit from the world of Game of Thrones. Of course Martin can write what he wants - HBO just gets to profit from it all now.

Do you think if someone put 'Official A Song of Ice and Fire' stamp on a Tyrion doll it would mean more to the average consumer than an 'Official Game of Thrones' stamp. Game of Thrones has become the franchise that is worth something, not ASoIaF.

Yes, I know an opinion is just an opinion and no, there is no quantifiable way to prove Shakespeare is better than Rowling - there is only opinion. The only thing quantifiable is financial worth and I think it is unarguable that Game of Thrones the franchise is worth more than Martin's books will ever be in that sense.

Edited by ummester

HBO likely own the rights to profit from the world of Game of Thrones. Of course Martin can write what he wants - HBO just gets to profit from it all now.

Do you think if someone put 'Official A Song of Ice and Fire' stamp on a Tyrion doll it would mean more to the average consumer than an 'Official Game of Thrones' stamp. Game of Thrones has become the franchise that is worth something, not ASoIaF.

Yes, I know an opinion is just an opinion and no, there is no quantifiable way to prove Shakespeare is better than Rowling - there is only opinion.

I'm happy to leave all dolls to you D&D fanboys. I have my books and you have your dolls. And everyone's happy.

I'm happy to leave all dolls to you D&D fanboys. I have my books and you have your dolls. And everyone's happy.

Just because some-one doesn't hate the show, doesn't make them a D&D fanboy :D

It doesn't have to be either/or - you can see good and bad points in both.

Just because some-one doesn't hate the show, doesn't make them a D&D fanboy :D

It doesn't have to be either/or - you can see good and bad points in both.

You are not D&D fanboy for liking the show, you are their fanboy because you're arguing with me without bringing anything into discussion other than pure fanboyism and some abstract absurdity like "Shakespeare is not really better than Rowling it is just opinion and not facts".

You are not D&D fanboy for liking the show, you are their fanboy because you're arguing with me without bringing anything into discussion other than pure fanboyism and some abstract absurdity like "Shakespeare is not really better than Rowling it is just opinion and not facts".

Well, it is just opinion, ultimately. And, GRRM is not even close to Shakespeare, as a comparison, he is closer to Rowling.

I am arguing against your POV, that the book is so perfect and the show is so flawed - because your POV is fundamentalist and flawed. I'm not really arguing for or against the show or books.

Well, it is just opinion, ultimately. And, GRRM is not even close to Shakespeare, as a comparison, he is closer to Rowling.

I am arguing against your POV, that the book is so perfect and the show is so flawed - because your POV is fundamentalist and flawed. I'm not really arguing for or against the show or books.

If you think GRRM is closer to Rowling than to Shakespeare then it is impossible to take your opinion seriously. It is you who is fundamentalist in his poor attempt at relativism like "it is just opinion" but then even stranger you state something like "GRRM is not even close to Shakespeare and he's closer to Rowling" as if that is some kind of fact. Let me tell you it is not fact but your opinion which is as ridiculous as one would expect from someone who doesn't see any difference between show and books. For your information before you brought them up I wasn't even talking about books but I was just saying the show is stupid. It is you who are constantly bringing the books instead of answering to all those stupidities in the show. You can go on thinking whatever you like but from your so called "arguments" it is clear you are not fit to judge anything and let alone Shakespeare and Martin. I doubt you're even fit to see Rowling for who she. But it's all just opinions anyway right? LOL!

If you think GRRM is closer to Rowling than to Shakespeare then it is impossible to take your opinion seriously. It is you who is fundamentalist in his poor attempt at relativism like "it is just opinion" but then even stranger you state something like "GRRM is not even close to Shakespeare and he's closer to Rowling" as if that is some kind of fact. Let me tell you it is not fact but your opinion which is as ridiculous as one would expect from someone who doesn't see any difference between show and books. For your information before you brought them up I wasn't even talking about books but I was just saying the show is stupid. It is you who are constantly bringing the books instead of answering to all those stupidities in the show. You can go on thinking whatever you like but from your so called "arguments" it is clear you are not fit to judge anything and let alone Shakespeare and Martin. I doubt you're even fit to see Rowling for who she. But it's all just opinions anyway right? LOL!

Man, you have some kind of crush on Martin';s words, don't you?

Man, you have some kind of crush on Martin';s words, don't you?

Well actually I don't because I don't have any kind of crush on works of art. However it is much worse that you have serious crush on D&D's nonsense. Referring to Martin won't hide your crush LOL.

Well actually I don't because I don't have any kind of crush on works of art. However it is much worse that you have serious crush on D&D's nonsense. Referring to Martin won't hide your crush LOL.

Have you seen this Monty Python sketch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

What you are doing is exactly like this. An argument is not the same as a contradiction :D

Edited by ummester

Have you seen this Monty Python sketch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

What you are doing is exactly like this. An argument is not the same as a contradiction :D

Mate you should read again how all this started. It is you who look like he came out of Monty Python sketch. It is you who confuse contradiction with arguments. Just read this thread again and you'll see. Oh and this is fact not opinion!

Is he a bit better in grammar and reason than you, because that would help :D

Really? Really? The guy who said that something - I can't remember what and it doesn't matter - was a mute point?

And because you have no intelligent argument, you make fun of someone's second language? Man, you're beyond pathetic. :rolleyes:

Really? Really? The guy who said that something - I can't remember what and it doesn't matter - was a mute point?

And because you have no intelligent argument, you make fun of someone's second language? Man, you're beyond pathetic. :rolleyes:

When someone is arguing that their little nephew or whatever can write better then someone else, grammar is not a mute point, it has been made part of that argument.

Mate you should read again how all this started. It is you who look like he came out of Monty Python sketch. It is you who confuse contradiction with arguments. Just read this thread again and you'll see. Oh and this is fact not opinion!

You must be taking the piss, otherwise there really seems to be something wrong with you cognition.

The conversation started because you said the show proves that D&D disrespect GRRM's work. It is your opinion that the D&D disrespect GRRM's work - there was no proof that this is the case and there still isn't.

To the contrary, there is proof that GRRM accepted D&D to adapt his work - so, at at least one stage, we can assume GRRM thought D&D did respect his work.

Edited by ummester

Thanks but I advise you not to waste your time on arguing with this guy because he's so blinded and shallow it is unheard of. And he proves that again in his reply to you LOL. I'm like stuck here with him because he keeps replying to me with his nonsensical "arguments" but you don't have to suffer.

When someone is arguing that their little nephew or whatever can write better then someone else, grammar is not a mute point, it has been made part of that argument.

You must be taking the piss, otherwise there really seems to be something wrong with you cognition.

I really wanted to pick just one to make it easier for you, but thought I'd better let you pick. Have fun!

moot vs mute

Thanks but I advise you not to waste your time on arguing with this guy because he's so blinded and shallow it is unheard of. And he proves that again in his reply to you LOL. I'm like stuck here with him because he keeps replying to me with his nonsensical "arguments" but you don't have to suffer.

LOL

I know, but I keep biting his baits too.

The conversation started because you said the show proves that D&D disrespect GRRM's work. It is your opinion that the D&D disrespect GRRM's work - there was no proof that this is the case and there still isn't.

To the contrary, there is proof that GRRM accepted D&D to adapt his work - so, at at least one stage, we can assume GRRM thought D&D did respect his work.

Your arguments are too mute, really! Mute! My nephew says hello by the way.

Thanks for this contribution! I didn't even notice how ridiculous he is. And he complains about my grammar? LOL!

:laugh:

I know, right? And again when he replied,

"When someone is arguing that their little nephew or whatever can write better then someone else, grammar is not a mute point, it has been made part of that argument."