[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa XIV - North remembers

Mladen

Maybe Walda will play the part of the missing Freys?

Roose : Has anybody seen my wife?

Sansa : No, but here's some pie I made, you'll like it :rolleyes:

Yeah, they really went ouf of their way to get a big actress to play her. you know? would'not a bed scene with her and Roose really get the blogs off and running with comments?

The problem in Westeros is that marriage seems to have no legal bind, no marriage certificate. It is purely religious between you and your gods. So theoretically, Sansa can marry an old Gods worshipper because the Seven are fake gods. There is no legal framework to stop it. The marriage certificate seems to be a child or a broken hymen. Ramsey knows that in the books, hence he had a septon and a weirwood, and probably a fire and a pool for the drowned god too so there is no wiggle room left for Lady Hornwood.

The legal binding comes from recognition by the king or a liege lord. Hence no matter what the religious basis for Ramsey's marriage to Lady Hornwood, Winterfell still sent men to try to seize the lands back.

There is no way Cersei would let a real Sansa installed to Winterfell. She would have her summoned to the KL and questioned sharply about the Purple Wedding.

The only option is that LF will tell Cersei that the girl he found is a fake one. So, with the same justification of fArya, Cersei will allow a fSansa to be given to the Boltons as a hostage so that the Northmen would not rebel against them and join Stannis.

To do that, Cersei should also exonerate Sansa formally and have her marriage to Tyrion annuled.

So, you can also read this game of LF as removing the dangerous Stannis with one hand by empowering the Boltons and at the same time, freeing Sansa's hand of marriage and exonerating her. No doubt, LF is planning to destroy the Boltons after Stannis is done and in the end, he means to marry Sansa himself.

I like this. It makes more sense than any of the talk about Sansa taking out the Boltons. It also covers the annulment issue. A lot of people seem to be thinking that isn't even an issue but I think it is.

Sansa may prod for informations using her clever conversation skills but Sansa knows the Freys and Boltons did the Red Wedding together. IF she is friendly, it will not be genuine.

I don't think there is much with Walda, she acts like a dutiful wife and kind but; Roose picked her for her weight (silver) not intellect.

Walda might say something off the cuff which Sansa could pickup on, or she can fool everyone and spill the beans on her husband. :dunno:

I don't think there is much with Walda, she acts like a dutiful wife and kind but; Roose picked her for her weight (silver) not intellect.

Walda might say something off the cuff which Sansa could pickup on, or she can fool everyone and spill the beans on her husband. :dunno:

She might even say something sympathetic to Sansa regarding her Brother. Something like "I am in a place and position I never expected to be but I am also saddened of the events that took place for that to happen". I really have no idea if she says anything at all but I would be interested if it is announced that Walda is pregnant and Sansa whispers in Ramsay's ear that the baby is a threat to him as it will be born legitimate and if a boy, could take his place etc. Make Ramsay "her" monster. Although I doubt it.

She might even say something sympathetic to Sansa regarding her Brother. Something like "I am in a place and position I never expected to be but I am also saddened of the events that took place for that to happen". I really have no idea if she says anything at all but I would be interested if it is announced that Walda is pregnant and Sansa whispers in Ramsay's ear that the baby is a threat to him as it will be born legitimate and if a boy, could take his place etc. Make Ramsay "her" monster. Although I doubt it.

I had that thought also, waiting to see how this plays out.

That's why I said off the cuff.

I would really like a conversation with Walda Bolton nee Frey and Sansa. It could be very interesting. Sadly I don't think D&D are really the sort to try and pass the Bechdel test.

Obviously if Sansa does consumate with Ramsay then, if she has the brains that God gave a seahorse then she will take moon-tea.

I can't believe it's come to this.

I would really like a conversation with Walda Bolton nee Frey and Sansa. It could be very interesting. Sadly I don't think D&D are really the sort to try and pass the Bechdel test.

Obviously if Sansa does consumate with Ramsay then, if she has the brains that God gave a seahorse then she will take moon-tea.

Does she even know about moon tea?, she was naive with the conversation between her and Marg in the show.

Does she even know about moon tea?, she was naive with the conversation between her and Marg in the show.

We know from interviews that Sansa will most likely be abused by Ramsay. After such abuse wouldn't it be likely that she would ask a Maester if there was some way to rid herself of such an abomination before she has to commit infanticide.

We know from interviews that Sansa will most likely be abused by Ramsay. After such abuse wouldn't it be likely that she would ask a Maester if there was some way to rid herself of such an abomination before she has to commit infanticide.

That's actors talking, the character is different and the Maester serves house Bolton, not Sansa; not unless he is a hidden Stark supporter, the old women might be able to do it as someone of her age would know of such remedies but Sansa I don't think so.

The thought of Sansa actually consummating the marriage, forced or not has me the most unnerved about this season. If she is slapped or punched, it still sucks but that is the line I dread being crossed. She has survived such for 4 seasons and to be handed on a silver platter to this monster is so F- - - - - up I can't stand it.

The thought of Sansa actually consummating the marriage, forced or not has me the most unnerved about this season. If she is slapped or punched, it still sucks but that is the line I dread being crossed. She has survived such for 4 seasons and to be handed on a silver platter to this monster is so F- - - - - up I can't stand it.

Same position. It's even ridiculous, because after everything she's been through in KL, why even give her this storyline again?

I would love it if Walda turned out to be clever and reasonable person, quite the contrary of being defined by being "fat".

I would love it if Walda turned out to be clever and reasonable person, quite the contrary of being defined by being "fat".

just to be clear I didn't say she was fat. :)

just to be clear I didn't say she was fat. :)

Oh sorry, I never meant you were condescending about the book character Walda. This is the language Roose uses about his wife.

Actually I would love Walda to turn out to be just the contrary of what prejudices tell us to expect from people who do not fit beauty norms.

Anyone else excited to see jon's reaction when he finds out about sansa and Ramsay? I'm also wondering if/when sansa meets stannis how D+D will have her react to hearing about jon(not talking about the stabbing. Just in general)

• 4 weeks later...

me neither but there are worse ways and it would be bitter sweet as GRRM promissed.

I just do not see her arc ending with death. You are oddly obsessed with her dying. To be honest I'd be happy with any outcome for Sansa that doesn't involve her dying. People take the death of Lady de-facto literally when it is supposed to mean the loss of her views on chivalric knights and inherently good kings and the loss of connection to her family. Any thing that involves Sansa dying makes any ending bitter, not bittersweet --- just bitter and unacceptable.

Archived