(Book Spoilers) Positive Nitpicking thread...

sj4iy

So, here's the positive nitpicking thread.

I loved this episode...so many great scenes:

1. Slynt's beheading (and Stannis' nod of approval)

2. Sansa greets Roose Bolton

3. Tyrion's kidnapping

4. Meeting the High Sparrow

5. Margaery and Cersei square off

What were yours? And remember to please stay on topic. Thanks!

Janos Slynt’s execution. Never mind the exclusion of Edd fetch me a block line, what matters is the way they handled the scene, the acting, music, the build-up were all very well done. Especially like the way Kit Harington’s face turned dark before he executes Slynt. And the nod, of course!

Brienne’s backstory of Renly. Finally the show gave a deep glimpse of him being more than just gay.

Jon/Stannis/Davos scene.

Arya and needle.

Margaery backhandedly mocking Cersei.

This is gonna sound weird, but I think the scene with the High Septon playing some sort of naughty musical chairs is the kind of scene that would be praised by readers if Martin had put it in the books. Other than the ridiculous zoom in to that woman's vagina, I thought it was fine.

I also liked the Long Bridge of Volantis. For some reason I always had trouble picturing it in the books. I also liked the "The only priest we had in KL was Thoros of Myr. She's much better looking." Oh, Tyrion, if only you would've gone to the Wall.

His whole dialogue with Varys had me in stitches. Tyrion did a good job channeling the Donkey from Shrek. I love Conleth Hill's delivery: "I don't know if there's more ways I can say this". And: "I need to speak with someone with hair!"

Greyscale was mentioned for the second time this season, which was pleasing. Supports my theory that the grey plague is an important part of the story to come.

Also really pleased with the FM scenes. They really get that arc. Arya's moment with Needle overlooking the waters of Braavos was one of the best scenes so far this season.

I know there are a lot of people upset with this episode, but personally I loved it. The actor playing the High Sparrow is top notch and I really think he's going to bring a lot to the show. Arya's scenes were meh to me, but they're building a whole new life for her, so that's exciting in its own way. The whole interaction between Arya and the blind girl was nice to see.

-Good to see Winterfell being rebuilt. What lords did Ramsay flay? I didn't catch the names.

-The north remembers!

-Is Jorah taking Tyrion to Cersei or Dany? Either way, I enjoyed the scene of Tyrion being unable to have sex with the brothel girl. It showed how guilty he feels for the murders

I know there are a lot of people upset with this episode, but personally I loved it. The actor playing the High Sparrow is top notch and I really think he's going to bring a lot to the show. Arya's scenes were meh to me, but they're building a whole new life for her, so that's exciting in its own way. The whole interaction between Arya and the blind girl was nice to see.

-Good to see Winterfell being rebuilt. What lords did Ramsay flay? I didn't catch the names.

-The north remembers!

-Is Jorah taking Tyrion to Cersei or Dany? Either way, I enjoyed the scene of Tyrion being unable to have sex with the brothel girl. It showed how guilty he feels for the murders

i think it was cerwyn iirc.

i loved the LF/Roose scene. "the last time the north and vale teamed up they brought down a dynasty." im just excited in general though to have new roose scenes

The Wall

Jon and Davos finally have a scene together, something I wish they had in the books.

Rila Fukushima as the Red Priestess!

Show Thorne is 100 times more interesting and complex than Book Thorne.

The North Remembers!

That beautiful shot of Arya looking out at the sea while holding Needle.

Arya dropping the c-bomb as soon as the Waif hits her.

I'm getting annoyed. I made a thread, hours before you made yours and it hasn't been accepted when it has no spoilers in it.

Sorry, I have no control over that at all...you'll have to take it up with a mod to find out what's going on. But speaking truthfully, "no spoiler" show threads on this site don't do very well, so they probably don't see the need for more than one thread.

I just go to other sites when I want a non-book reader's opinion on the show.

Liked the intro to the High Sparrow. Marg was pretty awesome this episode, and watching her start her work is great.

The season of Jon Snow continues. He has great chemistry with Stannis, their exchanges are excellent. Loved Davos as well with Jon. The watch's meeting was also excellent. Loved Jon being a slightly jovial leader "good job for a ginger". Love show Thorne, and the execution was excellent. Don't care that the line was changed to "Ollie, my sword".

Ahh screw it liked the whole episode.

I love the way that the High Sparrow and Cersei talked together. When I watched it for the first time I was seriously hoping that we might get something like a Lollard, or Liberation Theology, or St Francis of Assisi... Something that makes the character more complex than "Grr Religion is evil and homophobic" sadly the script was probably written when ISIS was beheading people so the current politics has probably had a huge influence on how the High Sparrow plot will develop in season 5.

Arya.Thanks to another brilliant performance from Maisie and especially that scene with hiding Needle.

Jonathan Pryce as High Sparrow.

The Wall again.Nice way to set up Jon vs Boltons for the future.When Jon said that he should stay clear of the politics of 7kingdoms.Davos:for now.

Janos Slynt's execution was good.That line tho. :dunno: It kinda mirrors Dany's execution and my friend criticized Jon for it(a little bit).How quickly he wanted to chop Slynt's head off.I think they did for the reason to parralel Jon with Dany.Otherwise in the books it was different.Jon's struggle and here it comes from the moment of mercy to absolute rage.

Qyburn was great.

Poor Jorah. :laugh:

Maisie Williams killed it in the Needle scene! She was definitely my favorite part of the episode.

Kit did good playing badass LC Jon Snow. Thought Slynt's execution was done well.

Volantis was cool. Really liked the ending with Jorah snatching Tyrion.

Archived