(Book Spoilers) Positive Nitpicking thread...

sj4iy

I liked the statues of some of the gods in the hall of the Black Pool, especially the Drowned God. It was misshapen and grotesque. I think we never had any figure of the Drowned God in the books.

BTW, we have

1. the Lion of Night,

2. the Black Goat of Qohor,

3. the fiery heart of Rhlorr,

4. The Weeping Lady of Lys,

5. The Weirwood Face

6. The Drowned God

7. The Stranger

in the hall.

Slynt's beheading was well done. Even with him crying for mercy Jon had to do it, the man defied his orders. The nod from Stannis was priceless.

Roose showing LF that he's watching his every move was great. Finally someone reads LF's r-mail and is up front about not trusting him. I thought this was a great move to show that LF may actually be in over his head in the North. I can't wait to see how this plays.

Theon was excellent - shying away from Sansa. Makes me think that Theon will save her from Ramsay no doubt.

Qyburn beheading the rat - thought of Slynt in that moment. Although I saw it coming, I still jumped when the sheet convulsed.

Cersei thinking the High Sparrow can be manipulated, excellent.

Thought this episode was well done, and sets up a lot of twists.

I liked most of the episode (except for how fast Cersei's message reached LF) but the highlights for me were:

• Arya keeping Needle was a great scene. Beautifully acted and beautifully shot.
  • Sansa at Winterfell. I have no idea how this is going to play out and that's a strange but nice feeling. I know book purists are whining about it but it I think it's interesting. And it puts some great actors together. I also loved Theon's part in it despite not saying a word.
  • Iain Glen. My man-crush. Hopefully we will even get to hear his voice next ep.
  • Tyrion and Varys' exchanges.

And then there's the Wall, which deserves its own section all by itself.

• Stannis, Jon and Davos talking in Jon's room. Davos giving Jon something to think about.
  • Alliser's face when he is named First Ranger, especially when he thought he was going to be named Latrine Captain instead.
  • The look on Janos' face when he realised Alliser wasn't going to support him. And the look of disgust Thorne gave him when he mouthed off at Jon was gold. Basically I love Show!Thorne. I agree that he is a vast improvement over his book counterpart.
  • "Olly, fetch me my sword." Just as good as the Edd and block line.
  • Slynt pleading for his life like the coward he is. Jon hesitating but then doing what needed doing - he knew Slynt would cause him more trouble if he let him live.
  • Stannis' approving nod afterwards. I bet he was thinking, "That's my boy".

One question I do have though - why is it in the opening credits it always says "with Iain Glen" rather than just his name like everyone else gets? It's been the same each season I think.

Listening to Margaery plant those little seeds that made Tommen start to question Cersei was wonderful, not to mention Margaery throwing insults at Cersei left, right and centre. Ahhh I just love Scenes with Margaery.

Also, Janos Slynt's execution. I might have been a little too excited about that scene when it was happening. I'm so glad that wasn't taken out of the series.

Yes, LOVED Margaery!!

Cersei, I'm new to court. Shall I call you Dowager Queen, Queen Mother, or Queen Grandmother??

Slynt's beheading was well done. Even with him crying for mercy Jon had to do it, the man defied his orders. The nod from Stannis was priceless.

Roose showing LF that he's watching his every move was great. Finally someone reads LF's r-mail and is up front about not trusting him. I thought this was a great move to show that LF may actually be in over his head in the North. I can't wait to see how this plays.

Theon was excellent - shying away from Sansa. Makes me think that Theon will save her from Ramsay no doubt.

Qyburn beheading the rat - thought of Slynt in that moment. Although I saw it coming, I still jumped when the sheet convulsed.

Cersei thinking the High Sparrow can be manipulated, excellent.

Thought this episode was well done, and sets up a lot of twists.

Sansa has quite a few potential supporters, Brienne, Theon, the woman who said "the north remembers." I hope Sansa is keeping track, she's going to need them all.

Arya's scene discarding her belongings but not being able to throw away Needle. While watching it with my unsullied wife, she was going: No, don't tell me she's going to throw Needle away? No..... phew.

The beheading was good. The Wall scenes are the highlights of the season so far.

The North Remembers.... nuff said!

There was a lot to like in this episode but what i liked most in an overall way is all the fantastic acting without words. Theon is the best example, but Arya with Needle was heartbreaking without a word, our first glimpse of Jorah - oh the pain on his face!! All of Alliser during the pre-beheading from when he was worried he might be on latrine duty to relief/pride at becoming FirstRanger to his smugness after Slynt tells Jon to stick it up his bastard ass to the look he gives Janos right after he allows Edd to take him - like, buddy you just screwed up big time. Even the looks on Cersei's face as Margaery slings all that shade on her. Brilliant. Mark Mylod really nailed it with all of them, excited to see what he has in store for us next episode as I've heard it's reallllly big.

There was a lot to like in this episode but what i liked most in an overall way is all the fantastic acting without words. Theon is the best example, but Arya with Needle was heartbreaking without a word, our first glimpse of Jorah - oh the pain on his face!! All of Alliser during the pre-beheading from when he was worried he might be on latrine duty to relief/pride at becoming FirstRanger to his smugness after Slynt tells Jon to stick it up his bastard ass to the look he gives Janos right after he allows Edd to take him - like, buddy you just screwed up big time. Even the looks on Cersei's face as Margaery slings all that shade on her. Brilliant. Mark Mylod really nailed it with all of them, excited to see what he has in store for us next episode as I've heard it's reallllly big.

I've always found this aspect of the show really strong - probably because the casting is so spot on, even for the smaller roles - but it was particularly good in this episode. I'm very vocal about how much I dislike Arya's storyline at this point tn the books but the look on Maisie's face when she was contemplating throwing Needle away was indeed heartbreaking.

I think Cersei went through all the emotions in this episode. I'm so looking forward to what Lena does in the rest of the season.

One question I do have though - why is it in the opening credits it always says "with Iain Glen" rather than just his name like everyone else gets? It's been the same each season I think.

It is called "last billing" -- see http://billing-block.com/last-billing.html

During Season 1, Peter Dinklage had last billing, with Sean Bean billed first. From Season 2 onwards, Dinklage has been first billed with Glen last.

The Sansa storyline in Winterfell, if played right could be spectacular and cut a lot of useless pages from ADWD and make us feel better or give us hope. If it is done right. They may been on track to.

I think so too. I wish GRRM used some of these same edit the show does. Maybe then we would have fit the Battles of Mereen and Winterfell into the book they were supposed to be in.

I've been following this forum for years, for some peculiar reason it finally felt like a good day for the first post.

I was enraged with the episode two and nearly drove my unsullied boyfriend mad by whining about all the changes they made. While watching this episode, however, I was somehow able to stop comparing and enjoyed a lot.

what I liked:

-stuff at the wall (Jon showing respect to Alliser, Alliser himself, the nod)

-Sansas death glare at Roose and its turning into a smile; courtesy is a lady's armor

(I'm beginning to like Sansas arc, have no idea what is happening and for some reason I actually enjoy it)

-always good to see Roose

-Volantis looked great and so did the house of black and white. The latters interior looked almost exactly as I pictured it which is quite confusing.

-the high sparrow, never really paid attention to him in the books

-Cyburn & Theon

This was a good episode. I really like:

- The Wall (again): Kit was great as the Lord Commander Snow, his facial expressions, mimicking Ned. The whole scene was amazing. And The Nod!!!

- Winterfell: So far the writers had manage to convince me about this change. The potential for this story arc is awesome I hope they can pull it off. Sansa back in Winterfell, Theon´s reaction to this (Alfie is a great actor, he manage to say a lot of things without dialogues), Ramsay faking been a "good boy" (how much time his mummer farce will last?) and The Roose. The writers have all the ingredients, let's see how they mix them together.

- KL: Cersei vs. Margery. It´s fun to see them give each other punchs (GOT style).

- Braavos: The scene with Needle was great. I think it's the first time we see Arya about to cry.

Archived