(Book Spoilers) Positive Nitpicking thread...

sj4iy

I really liked this episode. The scenes at the Wall felt right and moved along well. They were logical and concise. I liked the scene with Davos and Jon. I am not sure what to think of Littlefinger at this point, but I am more than willing to see how it develops. I did like the scene in which Roose Bolton gave him the message from Cersie and Littlefinger stepped up to be on the same level. That was great staging. I loved the North Remembers comment. I liked the interaction between Brienne and Pod.

The biggest improvement over the books is bringing together Tyrion and Varys. The book with Tyrion jousting with Penny was just an embarrassment in the books. I am so glad they changed that. Whenever someone starts babbling about how much better the books are, I always point out the scenes with Tyrion and Penny, which I hated.

I liked the Margery / Cersei / Tommen power struggle. Fun to see Margery with something to do. And neat to see her gaggle of ladies.

That was fun. I am not sure things are going to work out very well for either one of those ladies, but it was fun watching them try to influence Tommen.

I thought the show did an excellent job with the wedding night of Margery and Tommen. I know some people that it was creepy, and I would agree if it was a contemporary show under the current ideas of an appropriate age, but I do not think that it was at all out of line for the time period. It put me in mind of Henry the VIII and Katherine of Aragon, since Katherine was 6 years older. What is sort of sad is that both women seem to care about him and they could work together to make him great, but they are going to waste their time and energy tearing each other apart rather than combining their energy to make him successful.

grand maester pycelles, "A man's private affairs should remain private!" was hilarious. i think i like cersei's tv small council better than her book one

Agreed. I like showburn (watching him in his lab is fun, loved "easy friend", and "it doesn't matter" was incredible); show-Mace is hilarious (I love him telling terrible jokes that no one reacts to and how excited he gets; Olenna snapping "not now mace" makes me giggle every time); and the way everyone hates Pycelle + "a man's private affairs should stay private!" are really enjoyable. If we consider the High Sparrow as part of her inner circle (at least for now) then I'm liking her show inner circle a lot more than their book counterparts.

Yes, followed by "Calm down friend..." Eeeeeeeeeeeeew!

I can't wait to see Qyburn and Robert Strong on screen together.

I would love it if they released a mini-montage of Show-burn re-teaching unGregor basic things like how to walk; ending with them picking daisies together before a glimpse of the opening shot from the show scene in which Robert Strong is introduced.

There was a lot to like in this episode but what i liked most in an overall way is all the fantastic acting without words. Theon is the best example, but Arya with Needle was heartbreaking without a word, our first glimpse of Jorah - oh the pain on his face!! All of Alliser during the pre-beheading from when he was worried he might be on latrine duty to relief/pride at becoming FirstRanger to his smugness after Slynt tells Jon to stick it up his bastard ass to the look he gives Janos right after he allows Edd to take him - like, buddy you just screwed up big time. Even the looks on Cersei's face as Margaery slings all that shade on her. Brilliant. Mark Mylod really nailed it with all of them, excited to see what he has in store for us next episode as I've heard it's reallllly big.

Jon deserves more love for his acting. Yes he was very blank for much of the earlier seasons, but that's the character, Kit Harrington has had a lot of really strong shots in this series when he's been asked to. That hesitation during the beheading in particular...though I did think the shot of Jon finishing his drink while covered in shadow before following everyone was too much.

I've been following this forum for years, for some peculiar reason it finally felt like a good day for the first post.

I was enraged with the episode two and nearly drove my unsullied boyfriend mad by whining about all the changes they made. While watching this episode, however, I was somehow able to stop comparing and enjoyed a lot.

what I liked:

-stuff at the wall (Jon showing respect to Alliser, Alliser himself, the nod)

-Sansas death glare at Roose and its turning into a smile; courtesy is a lady's armor

(I'm beginning to like Sansas arc, have no idea what is happening and for some reason I actually enjoy it)

-always good to see Roose

-Volantis looked great and so did the house of black and white. The latters interior looked almost exactly as I pictured it which is quite confusing.

-the high sparrow, never really paid attention to him in the books

-Cyburn & Theon

This reaction is why I'm dubious about the leak. Giving people some opportunity to get past their initial "this is so different" reaction and get into the story that they're telling seems awful convenient, without giving away the juiciest bits.

With Sansa I think it's partially what LF was getting at with his stop being a victim of your circumstances and take charge spiel. We're seeing her going out and putting herself in positions to make things happen with a plan to do so. And that's really nice to see from a character we've had to see spend so long as an insufferable teen or suffering plaything. I'm particularly excited to compare scenes between her and Ramsay to those with her and Joffrey; that contrast could be really wonderful.

And yes, the shows visuals are such a wonderful addition to the world so often; that shot of the bridge being a great example.

--------------------------------

Also wanna re-iterate the appreciation for Show-Thorne. I'm really interested in how his relationship with Jon develops now that Thorne gets to be one of the clever c**** after seeing that Jon isn't being unjustly spiteful.

Archived