Rant and Rave without Repercussion [Book Spoilers]

Chebyshov

Taking this opportunity to plug Game of Polls!

Which plot line was most butcher in “High Sparrow”?

It was a very tight race between Sansa and Saint Tyrion for me, but the Blessed PUA won out in the end, mostly because I still haven’t calmed down from watching that.

Objectively, Varys's arc would be the most butchered. He's not even on the correct continent, and his "new" goals make no fucking sense. But, just because it annoyed me that much, I'll vote for Tyrion's.

D&D saying in the Inside the Episode video that Needle is an instrument of revenge and that's why Arya can't give it up made me so livid that I'm almost zen over the Sansa/Ramsay marriage. Almost.

And it's hilarious to see them try to justify why they decided to do this in favor of just following the books in this interview. How can you say Sansa is one of the characters you care for most when you completely cut out her post ASOS storyline in favor of putting her in a position to be raped and tortured?

D&D saying in the Inside the Episode video that Needle is an instrument of revenge and that's why Arya can't give it up made me so livid that I'm almost zen over the Sansa/Ramsay marriage. Almost.

I don't even watch the Inside the Episode videos anymore. They're bad for your health.

I feel like I should mention that my Unsullied sister said "God, I don't know which one I hate more" when I asked her about the Marg/Cersei conflict. I'm pretty sure that's not how the plot is supposed to go.

PUA?

Pick Up Artist. He’s so good, he can pick up sex slaves and have then offer to service him for free. Nothing problematic about that.

And it's hilarious to see them try to justify why they decided to do this in favor of just following the books in this interview. How can you say Sansa is one of the characters you care for most when you completely cut out her post ASOS storyline in favor of putting her in a position to be raped and tortured?

Jesus. There are motivations that exist other than revenge. I don’t know if D&D are aware of this, but it’s true.

Oh, and did anybody else notice that a letter arrived at Winterfell from KL in between scenes? This again lends credence to my theory that Westurdos is actually roughly the size of Britain. Wait, scratch that. Even Britain is way too big for this to work. And the ravens can't use BatFinger's jetpacks.

...I guess the answer is wormholes.

I can already hear the apologism brigade talking about how much of an overreaction this is, but fuck that. There was no god damned reason to not include "Edd, fetch me a block." Fucking none. Until I saw this episode, I was clinging to the desperate hope that SanSay wouldn't be a thing but hahahahahahaha so much for Sansa's agency. Fuck everything about that and to hell with D&D for blathering on about how Arya is holding on to Needle because REVENGE.

Oh, and did anybody else notice that a letter arrived at Winterfell from KL in between scenes? This again lends credence to my theory that Westurdos is actually roughly the size of Britain. Wait, scratch that. Even Britain is way too big for this to work. And the ravens can't use BatFinger's jetpacks.

...I guess the answer is wormholes.

If the critics give them a free pass for that, I will be legitimately pissed off. I would call out one of my eleven-year-old students if they wrote me a story with that kind of sloppy plot hole in it.

NEEDLE IS JON SNOW'S SMILE, DAMN IT.

Archived