Rant and Rave without Repercussion [Book Spoilers]

Chebyshov

Meh, Westeros being the size of

Luxembourg is a bigger issue to me than omitting Edd Fetch me a block.

I wasn't against Sansa being in Winterfell this season, but the whole Sansa marrying Ramsay thing just doesn't make any sense to me.

Also, Volantis was underwhelming. I thought the non-slave inhabitants should've looked a little more Valyrian. And of course of the St Tyrion the Pure scene was annoying.

Well at least Maise didn't play the scene that way

Thank the gods. She knew better. My mother even knew what Needle meant. Not revenge, not killing, its her fucking identity as Arya Stark. My mum made noises thinking that she was going to throw Needle into the sea. D&D are just dumb.

Pick Up Artist. He’s so good, he can pick up sex slaves and have then offer to service him for free. Nothing problematic about that.

I see. Im also angry about the Dany look-a-like not wiggling on Jorah like she was supposed to. Cuz come on, thats to show what a piece of sad shit Jorah was. Argh.

It seems they're playing a game... "how many iconic lines can we change just because we're jerks?".

HISSSSS! Im so mad. IM SO MAD and CRUSHED.

AT LEAST WE HAD THE

STANNIS' NOD OF APPROVALâ„¢.

(or so I've been told. I need a gif)

Still not enough, man.

NEEDLE IS JON SNOW'S SMILE, DAMN IT.

Maisie knew it. My mum knew it. Fuck those show runners if they didnt know it.

WHY THE HELL IS RAMSAY SO HUMBLE ALL THE SUDDEN?

My initial reactions.

I’m sorry it’s not funnier.

Heh... looking forward to the full version.

Thank the gods. She knew better. My mother even knew what Needle meant. Not revenge, not killing, its her fucking identity as Arya Stark. My mum made noises thinking that she was going to throw Needle into the sea. D&D are just dumb.

My father, mother, sister, cousins, and friends all thought the same. I really don't know what show D and D think they're making. Or what books they were reading.

Barring a few bits here and there, I think I finally separated the books from the show in my mind, so I enjoyed it.

I didn't like St. Tyrion, but most of his dialogue with Varys made up for it.

What I didn't like (and this is a nitpick) was that part where FrankenMountain moved underneath the sheets. It looked cheesy, and in the books everything about Qyburn's experiments in the dungeons was creepy as fuck. When Cersei thinks of Falyse or the other girl "in the dark with that foul thing screaming"...man, legit goosebumps. They're clearly going for a "mad scientist" vibe instead of creepy necromancer

Guys, it's not that "omg, why so much fuss about them just changing lines..."

It's that... those are ICONIC lines.

ICONIC LINES.

ICONIC LINES.

ICONIC LINES.

What's the point of an adaptation if a character is going to lose his/her iconic lines? :dunno: Really, they just do it because... fuck readers. I have no other explanation.

Still not enough, man.

Of course it's not enough. But, I have to be honest: I was just hoping for TWO things this season:

1. McKidd as Jon Connington

2. Stannis' Nod of Approvalâ„¢.

Since... season 3 or so, I was saying, "OMG, I can't wait for season 5...! in two more years I will see this fucking cool stuff".

I have to hold up to what I can :dunno:

Yeah I definitely get the feeling a lot of the actors have better understandings of their characters than the showrunners :dunno:

ICONIC LINES.

ICONIC LINES.

ICONIC LINES.

What's the point of an adaptation if a character is going to lose his/her iconic lines? :dunno: Really, they just do it because... fuck readers. I have no other explanation.

So much this. I keep waiting to see my favorite characters say their most well-known lines. And it keeps not happening. I generally like the show and I really feel like some of the actors are inhabiting their roles very well, and dammit, I want to see them say the line! AAAAAHHH! I don't know if there truly is some big conscious effort on the part of D&D to change those big lines or what. Some of them were not spoken aloud and I can kind of give it a pass, but come on! Kit Harington is really coming into his own as Jon Snow and it really would have been great to hear Edd, fetch me a block.

ICONIC LINES.

ICONIC LINES.

ICONIC LINES.

Exactly. I tried to explain why "Edd, fetch me a block" was really important, but she didnt get it. Because they didnt have Jon say it. Its really definitive and i just...I am so crushed. I didnt want to believe that they did this...

Of course it's not enough. But, I have to be honest: I was just hoping for TWO things this season:

1. McKidd as Jon Connington

2. Stannis' Nod of Approvalâ„¢.

Since... season 3 or so, I was saying, "OMG, I can't wait for season 5...! in two more years I will see this fucking cool stuff".

I have to hold up to what I can :dunno:

"Edd, fetch me a block" was the goddamn moment Jon became my favorite character. Its the line. The very reason i uttered "Jon Snow, you are the baddest of asses" when reading.

My mum was like "Doesnt Cersei go nuts? I thought you said she gets really paranoid." I said "yes, she does. But you wouldnt fucking know that by the way they are writing this shit, now would you?" Season 5 was supposed to be the fucking amazing season. Everything comes to a head. Kingsmoot, Tyrion's decent into self pity and meeting some badasses along the way. "Edd, fetch me a block", Arya the Faceless Man, Reek Reek it rhymes with Sneak, Quentyn BBQ Extravaganza, Septon Meribald...

goddammit.

Archived