Olly as Jons Squire

Kyrion

Well, Edd has a more active role in the show. He was an important part of the defence of the Wall last season.

Olly... Holly Molly, Olly... kid can't be Jon's squire because Jon is not a knight.

I think many have already guessed that we would be having the Ides of Potato Kid instead of Marsh. But instead of being a complicated plot based on the fact that Jon was completely changing the social roles in a very old-fashioned institution, it will be more like "how can you do this? the wildlings killed my parents!!!".

Well, Edd has a more active role in the show. He was an important part of the defence of the Wall last season.

Olly... Holly Molly, Olly... kid can't be Jon's squire because Jon is not a knight.

I think many have already guessed that we would be having the Ides of Potato Kid instead of Marsh. But instead of being a complicated plot based on the fact that Jon was completely changing the social roles in a very old-fashioned institution, it will be more like "how can you do this? the wildlings killed my parents!!!".

Kind of fearing that this will happen. I think Olly being involved in the assault on Jon is well-telegraphed given how many times he's been shown this season, and it'd be the exact kind of shock/tragic event D&D and the series thrive on. I could even see it being pretty well done and effective. But I hope the reasoning for it isn't reduced to solely some junk like that.

Future for Olly in the show? For the Watch?

Also, Ed. Is he in the chopping block now that he was usurped by D&D's own character? Seems he can just die now.

In fairness Olly is more Dave Hill's character than theirs. At least in s4. :dunno:

He is there to stab jon, little innocent kid who is going to fear him SHOCK SHOCK SHOCK too bad for D&D everyone predicted this moment the kid walked into castle black. the only way D&D are going to get any real shock out of jon's death is if sam stabs him.

didnt jon call him his steward?

and either way there are people who arent knights who have squires e.g. Tyrion and Pod

well pod squired for tyrion, tyrion is no knight. olli is a steward like an attendee to the lord commander they were just loosely using the squire word to describe his role. i thought a squire is anyone who serves a high lord or knight. brienne might not be a knight but she is still high born lady, just like tyrion is high born lord.

i don't know this was just my understanding

He is there to stab jon, little innocent kid who is going to fear him SHOCK SHOCK SHOCK too bad for D&D everyone predicted this moment the kid walked into castle black. the only way D&D are going to get any real shock out of jon's death is if sam stabs him.

Ok, THIS is something thats not gonna happen. Like Cersei becoming a Silent Sister. Or Loras straight.

They will get shock out of non book readers whoever stabs him....

Book readers will surely only be shocked if Jon DOESN'T get stabbed

Yeah it's quite obvious Olly will be part of the stabbing (if a stabbing there is, I'm not entirely convinced by it yet).

I just wish Edd will survive the season and get some lines. So far, he and Tormund are the only named Wall characters that didnt get a single line.

Archived