Olly as Jons Squire

Kyrion

D&D are so predictable nowdays.

When the create connections between people

Or when they try to make you root for one until now unimportant guy,

you can easily know one or both are going to bite the dust.

Focus on Robb and his wife.

Focus on Ned and Roberts friendship

Focus on hound's soft side to Arya

Focus on Oberyn

And 2 more upcoming in 4th episode. I wont say who, but if you picked up hints you can see D&D used the same method.

So 100% sure, Olly is a stabber.

I think it's interesting that the bloke running LF's brothels at the moment is called Olyvar. It's like they have spit Satin in two, the whore half and the LC's steward half, but given them both the same name. It wouldn't surprise me if Olly dies this season and Olyvar gets sent to the wall in the next season or at the end of this one and becomes Satin.

I'm seriously doubting we'll hear Doran's "Fire and Blood" speech, "For the Watch", anything more regarding Northern lords etc...

At least they were right, this season is genuinely surprising me.

To be fair, we had "The North Remembers" to Sansa in episode three. Though who that woman even was beats me. Barbrey Dustin? Random survivor of Winterfell sacking? Lyanna Stark reincarnate? And what the North remembers, if they've cut out Manderly and White Harbour, who knows.

Where is my Dolorous Edd?!?!??!? :bang: :angry2: :angry: Fair enough, if Olly's going to pull a Bowen Marsh on Jon, I can understand him being Jon's steward. But where is the need to cut out Edd?! The worst part is that the actor is sitting right there, just waiting for the hilarity that will doubtless ensue whenever he delivers any of his lines. Don't put him in the damn scene if you're not going to use him, it's torturous! They're happy to put in tiny details like Stannis' nodding to Jon after performing Janos' cranioectomy yet they cut out the only line in the series more chilling than "only Cat" ( :tantrum: ). Where is the need?!

D&D are horrible, just horrible when it comes to making sense from the books.

Just look at the Stannis offer to Jon - Why would Jon even consider it for one second when he KNOWS Bran and Rickon were alive? He actually mulled over stealing Winterfell from it's rightful heirs and didn't mention such to Stannis. Because that makes sense. Honourable indeed.

Yes because it makes total sense to mention to the guy that's burning people alive, who will use your brothers for his own means that they are alive. I can't think of anything that makes more sense in that situation.

I don't think olly is a realistic steward after two days of being at the wall, nor do I think satin was a good idea from jon. I'm okay with him thus far.

Satin being an steward is the same as Sam being one. Sam would be dead if he had been a ranger. Satin fought because they were short of men, and while he's improving, he seems to be more helpful as a steward than a fighter.

Yes because it makes total sense to mention to the guy that's burning people alive, who will use your brothers for his own means that they are alive. I can't think of anything that makes more sense in that situation.

Yeah Stannis defo would have sacrificed Rickon to summon a demon army of wolf ghosts.

He's far safer alone on cannibal island with a wildling girl just like how Bran is safer being a tree.

Sorry I didn't explain my point well. Olly would be fine as a night's watch member, but he shouldn't be the LC's steward. It's a bad decision by Jon. As was making Satin his Steward in the books. Bowen was right it should be someone that he thinks will make a worthy LC one day.

D&D are horrible, just horrible when it comes to making sense from the books.

Just look at the Stannis offer to Jon - Why would Jon even consider it for one second when he KNOWS Bran and Rickon were alive? He actually mulled over stealing Winterfell from it's rightful heirs and didn't mention such to Stannis. Because that makes sense. Honourable indeed.

Jon only talked about Bran in the library scene with Sam.If I'm not mistaken,Bran never mentioned Rickon to Sam in season 3.

Sorry I didn't explain my point well. Olly would be fine as a night's watch member, but he shouldn't be the LC's steward. It's a bad decision by Jon. As was making Satin his Steward in the books. Bowen was right it should be someone that he thinks will make a worthy LC one day.

what's wrong with Olly as a potential LC 6 years down the road ? The LC's Steward isnt second in command. he's just being trained.

Jon only talked about Bran in the library scene with Sam.If I'm not mistaken,Bran never mentioned Rickon to Sam in season 3.

They were both said to die at the same time so he at least know the story of their death was a lie.

Not that it makes much difference.

I think it's interesting that the bloke running LF's brothels at the moment is called Olyvar. It's like they have spit Satin in two, the whore half and the LC's steward half, but given them both the same name. It wouldn't surprise me if Olly dies this season and Olyvar gets sent to the wall in the next season or at the end of this one and becomes Satin.

Lol I can actually see that happen.

I wonder if Olly will perhaps be the only one who will stab Jon.

I think Olly being his steward is OK, it makes sense. He's an orphan, who lost his family not a criminal, like so many others, a few of whom might rape a boy like him, so someone like Jon keeping him close, protecting him and training him to be an officer makes sense. I think Jon will go to Hardhomme if Olly goes with him and sees the Others, he might agree with Jon about them being the greater threat and side with him. Otherwise he might side with the conspirators, I'm not sold on Thorne being involved, at least not at this point.

I think Olly being his steward is OK, it makes sense. He's an orphan, who lost his family not a criminal, like so many others, a few of whom might rape a boy like him, so someone like Jon keeping him close, protecting him and training him to be an officer makes sense. I think Jon will go to Hardhomme if Olly goes with him and sees the Others, he might agree with Jon about them being the greater threat and side with him. Otherwise he might side with the conspirators, I'm not sold on Thorne being involved, at least not at this point.

Yeah easy to suspect the cruel drill master not the sweet orphan boy who growls if anyone speaks in a harsh voice against Jon, how dare you Jon is my hero he is god he could do no wrong. It is the classic you too brutus sequence that everyone can see a mile away.

Archived