Is Brienne going to kill stannis?

Stag_legion

What if the show is reminding us that Brienne wants to kill Stannis because it is important to an upcoming conflict for her character. What if show Sansa asks Brienne to get Stannis to Winterfell and assist him in rescuing her from the Boltons - Brienne will have to decide between her original vow of vengeance to Renley or her second vow of loyalty to Cat, making Briiene more interesting than the do good thug that always seems to fail.

I think this too. The internal personal struggle when vows are conflicting is something D&D like to explore. I'm not sure which way she will go but I think it will be to ally with Stannis to save Sansa. Of course she could always ally temporarily and then turn on him after...

I don't know why people hate Brienne for wanting to kill Stannis. She has a perfectly good reason for it, he (in the show) knowingly assassinated the man Brienne was sworn to service. Not to mention Renly had her heart also.

Stannis wants to kill a lot of people we like (Robb, but we don't have to hate him for it either.

Anyway Brienne and Stannis are two of my favorites! So the fact the show has them on a collision course so soon really has me nervous (which is great)! I assume that GRRM intends them to meet at some point or he wouldn't have had that line to Catelyn way back in aCoK (plus our boys D&D I'm sure asked GRRM about Brienne's fate - they clearly love her). However, I think by the time they meet, Brienne will have softened in her approach somewhat, and will accept that maybe Stannis doesn't have to die... or not while he's still doing good, anyway.

I don't think so. We don't see them on screen, but I'm sure Stannis has tons of bodyguards; he is a king after all. I don't see how Brienne ever gets anywhere near him. She may end up having to serve him, which is why the show has been reminding people that she hates him, so its more dramatic when she kneels, but that's as far as it goes. Or maybe she kneels to the Boltons, despite all they've done to the Starks, so she can fight against Stannis' army. That's dramatic too.

But whatever happens, I don't see Stannis dying in one-on-one combat (except maybe to a White Walker). Personally, I think Mel kills him as a kingsblood sacrifice after she realizes he's not AA.

I do not think Brienne will kill Stannis. No, she may have an opportunity to do so but will not, she will do something else, probably to save Pod or Sansa etc. However, there will be a battle scene as all are mentioned as being bloody. I think she will align with Stannis as she must realized in her great lugishness, that Renly was in fact wrong to claim the throne over Stannis and that Stannis is far more preferred for the realm than Cersei Lannister's incest bastards and that Stannis is trying to help Cat Stark's family. She will overcome her grief over Renly's death to do the right thing. I think she is one of the great heroes in the whole saga, tv and book. I love her.

I just feel like there's nothing for Stannis to do after the Battle of Winterfell and he will die...so yes, maybe Brienne kills him. But...people have a way of not getting the vengeance they want in this series, so IDK.

I have got used to the fact that such "promises" don't mean anything in the books (like "We are going to live happily in that beautiful village you grew u..." - he said, as arrow pierced his chest), but in the series I fear it might mean something. And i should admit i don't like that probability.

There are so many moving parts it is hard to predict what will happen in Winterfell this season.

• The Bolton's reign.
  • Brienne wanting revenge and to save Sansa.
  • Sansa & potentially the power of the Vale behind her.
  • Stannis and his troops.
  • Theon is going to play a part.
  • Ramsey's ex lover.
  • Littlefinger is always up to something.
  • The Blackfish is still around somewhere and could have a part.
  • "The North Remembers" subplot.
  • The White Walkers?? The snows are rising....

Your guess is as good as mine.

I do think that if Stannis rides to Winterfell without The Red Priest or The Onion Knight, he is a dead man. Anytime they need to find a reason to split up characters, it can mean because they want one to survive and the other to die.

Personally, I really like Stannis Baratheon. He has been a fantastic character on the show.

There are so many moving parts it is hard to predict what will happen in Winterfell this season.

• The Bolton's reign.

Brienne wanting revenge and to save Sansa.

Sansa & potentially the power of the Vale behind her.

Stannis and his troops.

Theon is going to play a part.

Ramsey's ex lover.

Littlefinger is always up to something.

The Blackfish is still around somewhere and could have a part.

"The North Remembers" subplot.

The White Walkers?? The snows are rising....

Your guess is as good as mine.

I do think that if Stannis rides to Winterfell without The Red Priest or The Onion Knight, he is a dead man. Anytime they need to find a reason to split up characters, it can mean because they want one to survive and the other to die.

Personally, I really like Stannis Baratheon. He has been a fantastic character on the show.

That list makes me want nothing more than for Brienne to be just about to kill Stannis, when out of nowhere the Blackfish reappears from his piss and stops/kills Brienne for no apparent reason. Cut to black.

Everytime someone says "I'm totally going to kill soandso" in this story it will (almost) never happen. So whoever kills Stannis in the end will be neither Brienne nor Loras.

ETA: My money is still on Stannis "killing" Stannis. Just like Ramsay will be responsible for his own demise and Cersei will be her own ending.

I think she probably will get the chance, though if D&D keep up with the way Stannis was portrayed in 'Blackwater' he could very well be a match for her. It potentially gives a flashy sword fight for the climax of a mid season episode, which my guess is will be resolved in favour of Team Dragonstone when Davos threatens to draw a dagger across Podwick's throat.

In the book, Amon dies somewhere else.

Would that not be maester Aemon?

At least I hope it is (sorry Maester).

From the clothing, it doesn't look like him. Plus, Stannis's troop would have left the Wall by then, right?

In the book, Aemon dies somewhere else.

If you look closely at stills of the trailer you can see that it is

Aemon. Which I am really bummed about because it means he won't learn of Dany before he goes. Though I guess that then relieves him of the heartbreak of not seeing her. I just really hope he says, "Egg? I dreamed I that I was old."

I dont think Brienne will kill Stannis, and if she somehow did she would definitely be one of my most hated characters. I find Brienne boring and annoying in the books and more so in the show as her keep on going off at Pod still after losing those horses, and how great Renly was.

I also dont understand people saying that because D&D dont like Stannis they want to try to get rid of him early, there is no hint at that! s5 ep1-4 Stannis has been protrayed pretty well and with a lot more screen time than previous seasons, plus for the bigger characters on the the show they wont just change how they die, and would try to make it somewhat closer to how the character meets their end in the book. Stannis will be in s6

Archived