So if Brienne is "going around" Moat Callen...

Im not going to get into how they may run into Howland Reed but if it happens I would imagine a few lines of dialog could clear up who he is. All Brienne has to do is mention the name Stark and he can be like "oh my children are with two of the Stark boys" also revealing that they arent dead. This could then lead to convo regarding Robb's death and his heir to the throne. Which would then bring up Jon and his parentage assuming R+ L = J is fact. Really wouldnt take much more than 5 minutes of screen time and would most likely be followed by a Jon scene.

Im not going to get into how they may run into Howland Reed but if it happens I would imagine a few lines of dialog could clear up who he is. All Brienne has to do is mention the name Stark and he can be like "oh my children are with two of the Stark boys" also revealing that they arent dead. This could then lead to convo regarding Robb's death and his heir to the throne. Which would then bring up Jon and his parentage assuming R+ L = J is fact. Really wouldnt take much more than 5 minutes of screen time and would most likely be followed by a Jon scene.

Too good to be true.

I don't think he's even been mentioned by name in the show. I think Jojen only talked about "his father"

Bran to Jojen "Your father is Howland Reed" when they first met in the series.

Jojen said it was the first time he saw his father cry when Ned Died.

I don't think he's even been mentioned by name in the show. I think Jojen only talked about "his father"

Bran talks about Howland and how he saved Ned. Super Casual viewers may have forgotten, but they didnt forget the Reed children. So if a character pops up going "My children, Meera and Jojen" they'll understand who it is.

We can hope Howland shows up, but im not really banking on it. If Brienne and Pod wind up in Greywater Watch, it would make up for a lot of bullshit tbh. Now im gonna root for it.

This makes logical sense.....hence, it is destined to never occur on-screen

I'm positive 99% of the unsullied don't know/care who the reeds are or why Howland is important

I'm not sure that's correct. They may not know Howland by name, but I know a number of unsullied who are very intrigued by Jojen and Meera's father, at least since the "You're father told you about the war? Mine never did." line.

The show ignores geography and the time it would take to realistically travel places all the time, so I expect they will just end up in the north with no explanation of how they got there.

yes and so do the books...

i believe this is the time when the show is going to point out that r+l=j doesn't matter he is still a bastard regardless of who his parents were...

yes and so do the books...

i believe this is the time when the show is going to point out that r+l=j doesn't matter he is still a bastard regardless of who his parents were...

Woah, woah, woah. Hold on there.

Being a bastard Stark is one thing. Being a Bastard Targaryen is another. As a bastard Stark you have a weak claim to Winterfell, possibly as Warden of the North.

But as a bastard Targaryen you have claim to being king of the Seven Kingdoms. Plus, we cannot be too sure that he was a bastard. What if R+L got married? Targaryens were not opposed to having more than one wife. For all we know he might be legitimate.

And if that is the case, being the only remaining male through the male line, he has a better claim to the Iron Throne than anyone else.

I think the

R+L=J

stuff is too early for S5, seems more like

post Ides stuff

so Brienne meeting Howland Reed seems pointless unless there's more on him.

Most likely Brienne's next scene will be in some unnamed place in the North, probably somewhere in the Barrowlands.

When i first heard the we will go around it from Brienne I instantly thought of Howland Reed and Grey Water watch because there is no going around Moat Cailin (which is the whole point of Moat Cailin and the reason why Moat Calin is such an important location for defense of North) unless crannogmen guide you through swamp but given the utter disregard and inconsistency of show for details they may just find brienne another way around Moat Cailin which would be another great blunder. But if we are in for Lizzard lions, swamps and crannogmen this season this will be a great departure from books because who does not want to meet Howland Reed and see Grey Water Watch

Is there an off chance that they go East around Moat Cailin and run into White Harbor?

That'd be a great way to intro Wyman Manderly (especially with the potential Frey pie scene upcoming) and potentially bring Rickon back into the fold (perhaps he's got word from Last Hearth that they're harboring him there or were for a time before sending him elsewhere). It would also be a great chance to get another, "The North remembers," line into the mix :drool: Just thinking out loud here, of course...

Archived