So if Brienne is "going around" Moat Callen...

Considering messengers from the Eyrie can get around LF towards Winterfell when no one is supposed to know in the Vale where he and Sansa are headed, anything is possible. IT is called FOO POWDER.

Considering messengers from the Eyrie can get around LF towards Winterfell when no one is supposed to know in the Vale where he and Sansa are headed, anything is possible. IT is called FOO POWDER.

I imagine the Eryie forwarded the message to the Fingers, since that was where LF was supposed to be, and then the Fingers sent it on to Winterfell, since Petyr trusted his own people with that info.

I imagine the Eryie forwarded the message to the Fingers, since that was where LF was supposed to be, and then the Fingers sent it on to Winterfell, since Petyr trusted his own people with that info.

That would still be a jaunt + getting on a ship etc...

They don't have the time to waste. we have now completed 43 episodes out of a total of 70 for the entire series. to which GRRM has not completed the last 2 books out of 7 and some think it will take 3 more making it 8. They wasted 2 seasons on book 3 when they could have compressed it into 1 like they should have. Now, they are trying to ram 2 books into one season. That is why so many other stories are being scrapped or side mentioned, such as The Riverlands, The Iron Born and a condensed Dorne,

People need to understand this. I'm all for fun speculation about book stuff but they have NO TIME for 90% of the beloved details. That one guy you love? He's out. That one thing that happened that everyone is waiting for? It's cut.

Stoneheart is out, Victarion is out, Euron is out ... there's no way Wyman Manderly or Howland Reed are gonna show up, except possibly in the back of a banquet scene (unless the High Sparrow turns out to be someone else). This show has just over 25 episodes left to tie this whole giant mess into something coherent. I think a lot of people just aren't really coming to terms with this.

I don't think, for example, that Dany will run into Dothraki again in the show. That's a huge mess of CGI and casting and story they just don't have time for any more. Everything's on an express train to Resolution City.

People need to understand this. I'm all for fun speculation about book stuff but they have NO TIME for 90% of the beloved details. That one guy you love? He's out. That one thing that happened that everyone is waiting for? It's cut.

Stoneheart is out, Victarion is out, Euron is out ... there's no way Wyman Manderly or Howland Reed are gonna show up, except possibly in the back of a banquet scene (unless the High Sparrow turns out to be someone else). This show has just over 25 episodes left to tie this whole giant mess into something coherent. I think a lot of people just aren't really coming to terms with this.

I don't think, for example, that Dany will run into Dothraki again in the show. That's a huge mess of CGI and casting and story they just don't have time for any more. Everything's on an express train to Resolution City.

Try telling that to the Hatewatch Squad here... They want The Greyjoys, The Griffs, Manderly, Jaime's Riverland Plot, Brienne and Nimble Dick aimless and never ending wandering, Sansa at the Vale, The Wall, Meereen, King's Landing, Tyrion's travelogue, Great Northern Conspiracy, Dorne, Oldtown, Braavos, Bran and Bloodraven and LSH... Of course, what they will never tell you is how the fuck you could put all that content in just ten hours of TV without turning the show into an absolute mess.

Try telling that to the Hatewatch Squad here... They want The Greyjoys, The Griffs, Manderly, Jaime's Riverland Plot, Brienne and Nimble Dick aimless and never ending wandering, Sansa at the Vale, The Wall, Meereen, King's Landing, Tyrion's travelogue, Great Northern Conspiracy, Dorne, Oldtown, Braavos, Bran and Bloodraven and LSH... Of course, what they will never tell you is how the fuck you could put all that content in just ten hours of TV without turning the show into an absolute mess.

So then the answer to that is to show nothing? I've watched this episode about 5 times now and I don't think there is a single scene that's in the books. Okay, Janos getting his head lopped off is in the books but they even managed to fuck that up. Sure, we're not asking that they put everything from the books in the show, that's neither logistically or economically practicable. All we're asking for is one sliver of a tiny piece of fucking bone...and D & D won't even give us that.

With the enormous amount of viewers thats growing every season they don't need to stick to the books anymore. I'm confident in saying that season 6 and 7 are going to be very different to George's original plan. Without Aegon attacking Storm's End/Mace Tryell/King's Landing and Victarion breaking the siege of Mereen to steal the two remaining dragons we are going to get made up filler plots to jump the story forward half a book.

They don't need to satisfy book fans anymore which is clear this season. Its all about the show now and going forward with their version.

I was addressing the "no one should know where Petyr is" part. As for the speed, you learn to accept that because it makes the episode flow better.

Sorry if I was confused but yeah, the cat seems to be out of the bag that Lf was headed to Winterfell with a young lady who appeared out of nowhere.

I don't think he's even been mentioned by name in the show. I think Jojen only talked about "his father"

He has been mentioned, in Season two when Howland and Meera meet up with Bran. In the next scene they are walking together, and Bran tells him Ned is dead. Jojen then reply's, "I know, when I told my father he cried". "Bran says your father is Howland Reed?" Jojen reply's yes, and they talk about them fighting together in the rebellion.

I'm not saying they are stupid. I'm just saying they're not as into the story as we are.

How many times do Unsullied watch each episode. If we say the casual fan watches once, then unsullied watch it 2 or 3 times?

Idk I don't they would know who Jojen and Meera are by name.

That's silly. I watched each season 10+ times before a book reader overheard me and an unsullied friend guess at R+L=J and fAegon, decided to spoil some things, and ruined my plan to let the show run its course...and Martin to finish the series...before starting the books. I may have been an extreme example, but there's plenty of unsullied who re-watch multiple seasons of the show every year between runs.

That would still be a jaunt + getting on a ship etc...

A ship would explain why the message caught up to the slow moving caravan...nah. Plot hole!

That's silly. I watched each season 10+ times before a book reader overheard me and an unsullied friend guess at R+L=J and fAegon, decided to spoil some things, and ruined my plan to let the show run its course...and Martin to finish the series...before starting the books. I may have been an extreme example, but there's plenty of unsullied who re-watch multiple seasons of the show every year between runs.

A ship would explain why the message caught up to the slow moving caravan...nah. Plot hole!

yeah, I would sure love to read that message and the response Roose is demanding to read as well.

I completely agree that much had to be cut and streamlined in the show (it only has 70 episodes after all). I knew that from the beginning. It's just quite disappointing that it seems, looking back, that D&D didn't. They needed to start their streamlining from season 1 but it seems they really didn't give it much thought until around season 3. With the way things have gone I think they could have cut out the Vale, other than Tyrion's "arrest" and trial, and the Iron Born story lines completely (and that's just a couple of examples). Nothing in the Vale with Littlefinger and Sansa has turned out to matter in the least and Theon could have just as well been a Northman and friend of the Starks. They wouldn't even have missed a beat in the show doing that. All that screen time in the Vale with Littlefinger and Sansa and with YarAsha/Iron Islands could have been better used to show something actually important to the story. I'm all for cutting and streamlining but I'm afraid how it's turned out is a jumbled, inconsistent mess because they didn't cut/combine enough early on.

I certainly don't think everything could have been put in the show in 70 hours. But, so far, I definitely feel they could have used the time they do have much better.

The thing that irks me is that they added more time to people who really don't matter other than being normal background characters. Mel and Greyworm, Ser Loras and whatever other guy, Ygritte, Tormond and the Thenns last year. They could give us more Bran with visions and verbal lessons from Bloodraven. Bronn and Osha are ok but wasted time, ugh.

The thing that irks me is that they added more time to people who really don't matter other than being normal background characters. Mel and Greyworm, Ser Loras and whatever other guy, Ygritte, Tormond and the Thenns last year. They could give us more Bran with visions and verbal lessons from Bloodraven. Bronn and Osha are ok but wasted time, ugh.

Completely agreed. It kind of makes the idea or suggestion that all these things have to be cut now, simply because there's no time, ring a bit hollow, eh? Locke infiltrating the NW and going all the way to Craster's just to be killed by Hodor? Ugh! Karl Fookin' Tanner and the mutineers taking up a tremendous amount of screen time? Ugh! Jon going to Craster's ostensibly to kill the mutineers but really just so we could have a heart-rending "near-miss" between him and Bran? Ugh! Pluss your examples above. The list goes on and on...

And while we're on it...why don't they hardly ever seem to make full 60 minute episodes? I mean, those minutes are precious so why make a bunch of 55 minute episodes? Those few minutes here and there could really add up and make a difference! I mean, an average of five minutes per episode would mean practically another full episode (50 minutes) just over a single season. Extrapolate that out over seven seasons and you have approximately 350 more minutes or about six more episodes!

Brienne going around the swamp is a bit ridiculous to me. She isn't wearing north colors or anything and Pod is still wearing that reddish Lannister outfit, they would likely get shot by poison arrows before they even got close enough to identify themselves. Soon we will find out this is foreshadowing of the Others simply going around the wall to invade Westeros while waving their middle fingers like banners.

Going around the Neck is stupid. It's the whole purpose! You can't go around it!

At first they screwed lines up, then characters then storylines and now geography!

That's not necessarily true. I'm sure you couldn't March an army around though the swamps, but a small group might be able to, provided they avoid Crannogmen and lizard lions and all the other dangers of the swamp. After all, remember even in the books Rob sends Mage Mormont ahead through the swamp to Greywater Watch before the RW supposedly with the letter naming Jon as heir.

Archived