Tommen & Margaery Consummate Their Marriage, Does This Spoil the Margaery Accusations?

Nathaniel Stark

Tommen & Margaery Consummate Their Marriage, Does This Spoil the Margaery Accusations?

The plot between Cersei and Margaery, involves them both being accused of various sexual sins, therefore in trouble with the High Sparrow and the faith.

One of the big issues is whether or not Margaery is in fact a maiden/virgin still, now in the show Tommen has been aged up and they have had their wedding night, surely this ruins that whole part of the plot?

I guess it means they have a lot less evidence (if any) that Margaery has cheated. But then, the whole "Cersei vs Margaery" war doesn't really make a lot of sense, since Tommen is apparently "a man grown" and doesn't need a regent. He is now the king, rather than just a child, he can rule entirely himself if he wants, and will soon likely have an heir, meaning Cersei has absolutely no power whatsoever anymore. So I don't see how this whole battle between them can even ensue because it's been won, by Margaery, before it's even begun.

You're right, it ruins the plot. I suspect the accusations will be about her and Loras (as if poor Loras -or, Token Gay #1, as the show paints him - doesn't have enough to worry about) and maybe her and Olyvar, so he'll be the main source of evidence, since I'm not counting on any Kettleblacks making an appearance.

Yeah, it simplifies the plot a whole lot. And makes it considerably more boring. Young, beautiful woman manipulating young, impressionable teenage king with sex? Wow, how original...

What does Marg have to do with Loras' crimes?

Cersei could accuse her of having threesomes with Loras and Olyvar. In the books Cersei considers the possibility of Marg and Loras having an incestuous relationship, and she also accuses one of Marg's cousins of watching her have sex with men. So there's certain room to make outlandish accusations, I think.

At the very least, Margaery could be accused of covering up Loras' homosexuality, based on the scene in episode one

Cersei could accuse her of having threesomes with Loras and Olyvar. In the books Cersei considers the possibility of Marg and Loras having an incestuous relationship, and she also accuses one of Marg's cousins of watching her have sex with men. So there's certain room to make outlandish accusations, I think.

At the very least, Margaery could be accused of covering up Loras' homosexuality, based on the scene in episode one

I'd say the latter is much more likely

Cersei could accuse her of having threesomes with Loras and Olyvar. In the books Cersei considers the possibility of Marg and Loras having an incestuous relationship, and she also accuses one of Marg's cousins of watching her have sex with men.

I think this is where it's going. False accusations of adultery and incest, a la Anne Boleyn. (George Boleyn, Anne Boleyn's brother, was executed on the basis of his supposed incest with Anne Boleyn. Fun fact: some have speculated that George Boleyn was homosexual, admittedly with very little historical foundation, and in The Tudors, George Boleyn was depicted as homosexual.)

I don't think that scene with Margaery lounging in Loras' room with Olyvar present is a coincidence, since Olyvar could later lie about what took place at that time. Anne Boleyn also got in deep trouble for supposedly entertaining men in her room at odd hours. Judging from Loras violently attacking Olyvar in the trailer, I'd say Olyvar not only spills the beans about his own relationship with Loras, but also throws in some lies about Margaery participating in threesomes with Olyvar and Loras, dooming not only Loras but also Margaery.

It would be funny if the show version of Margaery's charges hewed closer to what happened with Anne Boleyn--false accusations of adultery and incest--given that Natalie Dormer portrayed Anne Boleyn in The Tudors.

I think this is where it's going. False accusations of adultery and incest, a la Anne Boleyn. (George Boleyn, Anne Boleyn's brother, was executed on the basis of his supposed incest with Anne Boleyn. Fun fact: some have speculated that George Boleyn was homosexual, admittedly with very little historical foundation, and in The Tudors, George Boleyn was depicted as homosexual.)

I don't think that scene with Margaery lounging in Loras' room with Olyvar present is a coincidence, since Olyvar could later lie about what took place at that time. Anne Boleyn also got in deep trouble for supposedly entertaining men in her room at odd hours. Judging from Loras violently attacking Olyvar in the trailer, I'd say Olyvar not only spills the beans about his own relationship with Loras, but also throws in some lies about Margaery participating in threesomes with Olyvar and Loras, dooming not only Loras but also Margaery.

It would be funny if the show version of Margaery's charges hewed closer to what happened with Anne Boleyn--false accusations of adultery and incest--given that Natalie Dormer portrayed Anne Boleyn in The Tudors.

DIng DIng DIng! We have a winner.

The Cersei/ Marg is over control of influence over Tommen, which the show actually is setting up quite nicely. Cersei could use the moon tea as proof that Marg is keeping Tommen from having an heir and proof that she is having an affair.

I think the moon tea is a great point, that could definitely point to adultery as you said. They could likely also Use Pycelle (as in the books) supplying the moon tea, but then accuse him also of being in on the whole plot and he could face charges too.

Plus weren't Renly, Loras and Margaery all in bed together back in season 2?

She offered Renly a threesome with Loras, if that would help get him 'ready' for her.

I also wonder if there might be some accusation that both she and Loras have had gay relationships. Loras is well known, but she has hinted herself that she swings both ways, and she does have lots of hand-maidens.

They're really driving home this Anne Boleyn thing, aren't they? We can't try Catherine Howard or Catherine Parr? Anne of Cleves? She married the younger brother of her second husband on a technicality, why can't Margaery be Catherine of Aragon and give Tommen a girl?

Idk, I feel like the way Margaery is being characterized for the show is going to put Natalie Dormer in a box. Was her Anne Boleyn so good that she doomed to continuously play different versions of her?

Since they bothered including the "younger, more beautiful Queen" prophecy, Cersei will surely try to hunt down Margaery and fail miserably instead.

Atleast I hope so, because getting Loras alone killed doesn't do anything to the prophecy.

I too think Cersei will accuse Margaery of sleeping around, Olyvar will get whipped by the High Sparrow and tell the truth to him, while Lancel will confess to the High Sparrow aswell which is the reason why Cersei gets arrested.

I think you're correct.

I wonder if Show Margaery shares Anne Boleyn's fate.

WRT Loras, I wasn't under the impression that homosexuality was a crime in Westeros (IIRC, Joffrey was considering making it a crime.)

Archived