[Book Spoilers] Thoughts on the High Sparrow

That guy Alistair

I quite enjoyed Pryce in the scene and I think he'll be a highlight this season. Yes, they introduced him a bit differently and definitely mellowed out the character to an extent, but I think it will just make it all the more surprising and effective when we see the other side of him and he tells Cersei off and takes charge. There was a lot going on behind his eyes in this first scene that hinted at what's to come.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit watching the promotional material for this season I wasn't particularly caring about the High Sparrows addition (well except for a certain later scene at the end of the season). But I was really impressed by his scene in this episode. Stuck out to me in a strong way. Different to the high sparrow I had in mind from the books, this one appearing softer and more docile from the start. Really looking forward watching him gain political power while being the kinda old man, to the fanatic who condemns the queen to her punishment. Whats your thoughts on the introduction to the High Sparrow ?

I think commentary on this episode is dead, so I will probably post this somewhere else too.

I think He looks just like Pope Francis... I wonder if the executives realized that when they hired him...

Archived