Storylines in this episode

I think Jon's unlikely ally might be Mel with some kind of rescue Sansa plot.

That's very likely actually.

More than the Tormund possibility.

We know Mel departs mid-season with Stannis, so it will be the last chance at a Jon - Mel interraction, and bringing Sansa (damn, another redhead ! ^^) in the discussion is an obvious writing move after the whole Winterfell heavy episode 3 !

The Free Folk will be the center stage of the rest of the season so Tormund's meaty stuff and interractions with Jon will come up later. Hell, we might even get Jon - Mel and Jon - Tormund in this episode !

But with Aemon's likely death, I dont think it would fit... or it would be a damn Castle Black heavy episode which I wouldnt mind at all !! :drool:

That's very likely actually.

More than the Tormund possibility.

We know Mel departs mid-season with Stannis, so it will be the last chance at a Jon - Mel interraction, and bringing Sansa (damn, another redhead ! ^^) in the discussion is an obvious writing move after the whole Winterfell heavy episode 3 !

The Free Folk will be the center stage of the rest of the season so Tormund's meaty stuff and interractions with Jon will come up later. Hell, we might even get Jon - Mel and Jon - Tormund in this episode !

But with Aemon's likely death, I dont think it would fit... or it would be a damn Castle Black heavy episode which I wouldnt mind at all !! :drool:

What would Mel get out of Jon by agreeing to this? See, if it's Tormound, then D&D can spin it so that it was Mance Rayder and him that switched! :cool4:

Quentyn

:)

Well, those guys entertaining the Dany whore last episode did say they were headed east.... Three of them. Maybe the dragon takes a look at Quentyn and thinks the episode title fits too well to resist.

I hope I'm not spoiling anything, but I seriously wonder if Stannis will even make it to Winterfell this season. There's really no mention of him leaving Castle Black in the released synopses for episodes 5-8. I think it's in the episode 7 synopsis where it says "Stannis remains stubborn", but that's it. I wonder what he could be stubborn about? Also, in the episode 8 synopsis, there's a mention of Jon traveling...so perhaps the big battle this year is Hardhome? Not sure they'd be able to fit in a huge battle at Winterfell this season, especially on top of what looks like a battle at Hardhome.

I think Jon's unlikely ally might be Mel with some kind of rescue Sansa plot.

Okay that'd be awesome! I need some sort of Stark reunion. Episode 8 is titled "Hardhome" though, so it could be that Jon might be heading there instead of Winterfell. I hope I'm wrong. I'd squeal like a fangirl if Jon and Sansa did reunite this season.

Referencing obviously the Aemon speech to Jon and also a reference to Tommen, I think, who could use that advice too but won't get it from anyone. It'll become obvious that Tommen can't kill the boy yet and become a man, which will be his undoing in the end. I don't think we will see Robin Arryn ever again (well maybe last episode of the show or so).

Okay that'd be awesome! I need some sort of Stark reunion. Episode 8 is titled "Hardhome" though, so it could be that Jon might be heading there instead of Winterfell. I hope I'm wrong. I'd squeal like a fangirl if Jon and Sansa did reunite this season.

Don't get your hopes up. Remember how Jon's "lets find Bran" plan went last season.

If the boy=Ramsay then I hope we get some Roose musing about his lovely family and plans for the future to either Reek or Sansa. This might even be the episode to have a few dead Freys.

Speaking of Boltons... I know I shouldnt get my hopes up but I still hope for the "Dont make me rue the day I raped your mother !" line. Or some variant of it, I wouldnt mind a slight rewriting if need be.

It's one of the most threatening and icy lines of Roose Bolton in the books and I can see it used this season if Ramsay gets too much out of coutrol.

Speaking of Boltons... I know I shouldnt get my hopes up but I still hope for the "Dont make me rue the day I raped your mother !" line. Or some variant of it, I wouldnt mind a slight rewriting if need be.

It's one of the most threatening and icy lines of Roose Bolton in the books and I can see it used this season if Ramsay gets too much out of coutrol.

i really really want this line to be in. i thought he was gonna say it after ramsay was talking about flaying lord cerwyn, and roose was scolding him but hopefully we'll get it later in the season

Well, I for one, think the show will be further down the story at Winterfell than in the books.

I dont think the entirety of the battle will be resolved in season 5, but I can see at least half of it, or the first squirmishes play out on screen this season.

(Book spoilers)

I think Aemon dies in it and naturally, he counsels Jon on his deathbed. Since he and Sam aren't going anywhere apparently, Aemon dies at the comfort of the wall. It was already foreshadowed last episode when Sam said Maester Aemon isn't feeling well, they're preparing for him dying.

Lots of Winterfell in the next episode. Could the big scene in Winterfell be upon s? it looked like they were sitting next to one another and exchanged looks. Alfie said terrible scene about half way through the season (next week is ep 5/10) that he bares whitness to it that the blogs will go nuts over and no one is going to like it, "get ready for it" (maybe it is the wedding itself?). I am nervous now. It does look like Ramsay and Myranda have sex but are they alone? Sansa is walking in Winterfell under duress and crying. Stannis finally leaving Castle Black. I am rooting hard for him. Littlefinger pisses me off for gambling with Sansa like this, that little fucker. I wish Ramsay flayed him while he was there. Dany will rely on Daario even more now. Tyrion better get there to give her some sobering straight advice.

Archived